********* 2018 Rockets Offseason **********

77,074 Views | 762 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rvk246
AG@RICE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I never felt the Raptors were a well coached team, so I could see Derozen improving his game under Pop. Never underestimate coach Pop. The man is a genius and will absolutely have a better team this year.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Their coach won coach of the year this year

yes....he was then fired for again losing to LBJ.
CFTXAG10
AG
AG@RICE
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Their coach won coach of the year this year

yes....he was then fired for again losing to LBJ.

Brad Stevens should have won that award.

If Casey turns Detroit around, I'll have to eat my words; however, my money is on him being fired in 3 years.

I attribute their success to their GM more than their coaching, that was a deep and talented squad that should have rolled CLE.
rvk246
AG
I agree. To get swept by last year's cavs in the second round is embarrassing and humiliating considering Indiana and injured Boston almost beat them.
500,000ags
AG
Casey fell victim to himself. He seems like a coach that cares about the small things - which leads to playing hard and winning during the regular season. But then, Toronto would get owned when superstars like LeBron show up in the post-season. Toronto would consistently lose to or get upset by post-season Cleveland teams that were actually much better, but we're also under seeded due to not giving a crap about regular season wins.
CFTXAG10
AG
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Ags #1
AG
Nm
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

We're going 82-0 this year, boys.
HossAg
AG
Entitled POS
Guitarsoup
AG
At least he plans on showing up and playing basketball.
Ags #1
AG
This a spurs thread ?
bearkatag15
AG
rvk246
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Hopefully it's long term
rvk246
AG
5 years $90 million .. major bargain

CFTXAG10
AG
Morey!
Good Poster
AG
Clint had no choice but Rockets got a straight up bargain.
Hickory High
AG
*********STEAL. Steven Adams got like $110 mil/5 years.
PoppaB05
AG
That's a huge bargain. Great result for the Rockets
PascalsWager
AG

The steal is even more steely because it seems like if Clint doesn't take the next step its going to be 5 years 80 mill.
AG@RICE
AG
PascalsWager said:

The steal is even more steely because it seems like if Clint doesn't take the next step its going to be 5 years 80 mill.

Quote:

Capela's deal includes $1.5 million in likely-to-reach annual incentives and $500,000 unlikely to reach incentives, league sources said.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24212244/houston-rockets-extend-clint-capela

So maybe 5 years @ 87.5 mil. Still a great deal.

Morey got skills.
WES2006AG
AG
That is awesome. I was worried he was going to sign on for a year and see what the market looks like next year.
Max Power
AG
Very happy with the terms of the Capela deal. I was worried that this was going to turn into a one year deal for Capela who would then be an UFA after next season and we could lose him after that when another team would offer him bigger money. I'm still conflicted about Carmelo, he's gotta realize his window is closing on his career, I have no idea what he has left at this point. I just don't want a wasted contract at any dollar amount. I would prefer they try and figure out a use for Anderson, who was getting paid monster money to sit the bench during the playoffs.
AG@RICE
AG
Max Power said:

Very happy with the terms of the Capela deal. I was worried that this was going to turn into a one year deal for Capela who would then be an UFA after next season and we could lose him after that when another team would offer him bigger money. I'm still conflicted about Carmelo, he's gotta realize his window is closing on his career, I have no idea what he has left at this point. I just don't want a wasted contract at any dollar amount. I would prefer they try and figure out a use for Anderson, who was getting paid monster money to sit the bench during the playoffs.

I think Morey is trying any means necessary to get rid of Anderson. Hopefully he can get a crappy franchise like Sacramento to bite.
Farmer1906
AG
Its going to have to be a Brock like trade. Were going to have give draft picks to find someone to take him on.
PascalsWager
AG
What is the benefit of getting rid of Anderson at this point?

This team is locked in and the cap won't be jumping close to enough to sign anyone worth anything next year. LOTS of teams will have space and the Rockets won't have any with or without Anderson on the books. Even the mid-level market will be terrible because a lot of those guys will just get actual cap space deals (unlike this year when Boogie had to take a mid level).
Guitarsoup
AG
PascalsWager said:

What is the benefit of getting rid of Anderson at this point?

This team is locked in and the cap won't be jumping close to enough to sign anyone worth anything next year. LOTS of teams will have space and the Rockets won't have any with or without Anderson on the books. Even the mid-level market will be terrible because a lot of those guys will just get actual cap space deals (unlike this year when Boogie had to take a mid level).

Current roster+luxury tax payments = $160,000,000 give or take.

Subtract Anderson and add nothing and it is ~$116,000,000 and the repeater tax countdown resets.

AG@RICE
AG
We could also flip Anderson for another bad contract provided that player helps us more.

There is rumor we could chase Batum, who has an even worse contract, but could be a big contributor. We could even get a pick back, but it might put us (or really papa Tilly) in tax hell.
rvk246
AG
AG@RICE said:

We could also flip Anderson for another bad contract provided that player helps us more.

There is rumor we could chase Batum, who has an even worse contract, but could be a big contributor. We could even get a pick back, but it might put us (or really papa Tilly) in tax hell.
It would be great if we can finesse a first rounder from the mediocre Hornets in a Batum trade.
Forum Troll
AG

Looks like Wednesday will be the day.
PascalsWager
AG
Why is James Harden playing in the Drew League? He's a guy who front irons every shot in late May. Why isn't he bubble wrapped getting 12 hour leg massages every day until January?

And while I don't think CP3 is playing in it, I'd hope the Rockets hire him a Grizz and Dotcom to carry him around because I don't want him to walk on his own legs until at LEAST April 2019.
RebAg13
AG
Flipping Anderson for either Batum or Bazemore would be big
Guitarsoup
AG
RebAg13 said:

Flipping Anderson for either Batum or Bazemore would be big

Baze is unlikely because he gets paid less than Ryno.
RebAg13
AG
We would definitely have to add assets but I think the salaries are close enough to match.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.