********* 2018 Rockets Offseason **********

76,697 Views | 762 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rvk246
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nino Brown said:

It's officially time to ditch the Eastern and Western conferences and just have a 16 team playoff system

I would take the GS warriors starting 5 over the 5 best from the east.
Hickory High
AG
Money Ag said:

Hickory High said:

1876er said:

I imagine he'd have taken less to stay here. Maybe not, but he seemed to have good chemistry here and the Suns are awful.

We offered. He chased the money. Story of his career.

Hate it all you want but I will never blame a pro athlete for chasing that cash.

I simply stated a fact. No feelings towards it one way or another.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Problem with reseeding 1-16 at playoff time is the eastern conference still has a much easier season.

You'd have to blow up the schedule and start over during the season
shano0603
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Nino Brown said:

It's officially time to ditch the Eastern and Western conferences and just have a 16 team playoff system

I would take the GS warriors starting 5 over the 5 best from the east.

Not even sure who the starting 5 from the east would be.
Wall
Kyrie
Hayward
Giannis
Embid
Farmer1906
AG
That's the line up i was thinking. It's damn good but I'd still pick GS.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Money Ag said:

Hickory High said:

1876er said:

I imagine he'd have taken less to stay here. Maybe not, but he seemed to have good chemistry here and the Suns are awful.

We offered. He chased the money. Story of his career.

Hate it all you want but I will never blame a pro athlete for chasing that cash.

Username checks out
Guitarsoup
AG
Carter-Williams shot .351/.236 over the past two seasons. What is his role going to be?
k20dub
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Carter-Williams shot .351/.236 over the past two seasons. What is his role going to be?

This hopefully.

Ryan34
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I think he's a bench body who can play some PG minutes in an emergency (like if CP3 goes down). Hopefully he never sees the court though.
AG@RICE
AG
Ryan34 said:

Guitarsoup said:

I think he's a bench body who can play some PG minutes in an emergency (like if CP3 goes down). Hopefully he never sees the court though.
MCW is a poor man's version of last year's Joe Johnson.
superaggie73
AG
I'm picturing a guy who can d up on Golden State guards and play like a Shaun Livingston type. I know...wishful thinking. But just trying to picture Morey and MD's vision of him.
AG@RICE
AG
superaggie73 said:

I'm picturing a guy who can d up on Golden State guards and play like a Shaun Livingston type. I know...wishful thinking. But just trying to picture Morey and MD's vision of him.
I actually get why Morey is chasing him. He has a rare set of physical tools that you often don't find in bargain basement buys.

That being said, I would be surprised if Pringles actually wanted him. If you are a guard who can't shoot, I don't think Pringles wants anything to do with you.
Farmer1906
AG
Guitarsoup said:

4th guard and PG opinion if there is an injury.
CoachRTM
AG
For fun...... I think that the West would win if you assume that they had time to practice, etc. The Warriors would slaughter the East.

Warriors
Steph
Klay
KD
Draymond
Cousins

West
Westbrook
Harden
Kawhi
Lebron
Davis

East
Wall (or Kyrie, or Simmons)
Oladipo
Giannis
Porzingis
Embid
CreedBratton
1876er said:

Still don't understand letting Ariza walk.

I might be in the minority, but I don't give two ****s about losing Ariza. He can take his 0-12 shooting from 3 and enjoy Phoenix
gibbs2016
CoachRTM said:

For fun...... I think that the West would win if you assume that they had time to practice, etc. The Warriors would slaughter the East.

Warriors
Steph
Klay
KD
Draymond
Cousins

West
Westbrook
Harden
Kawhi
Lebron
Davis

East
Wall (or Kyrie, or Simmons)
Oladipo
Giannis
Porzingis
Embid
How the hell did they sign Cousins? That is nuts. Who really wants to watch the NBA with a team like that? Nobody really has a chance against them now, Rockets probably win if CP3 doesn't go down but now we won't get close. Gonna have to roll someones knee or something
k20dub
AG
That's basically all you can root for at this point. Stay healthy during the season then hope that the Warriors have an injured KD or Curry.
Farmer1906
AG
Obviously they did it without KD first but I wonder if they could again.
Guitarsoup
AG
Lots of Melo to Rockets chatter.
3rdGen2015
AG
It's worth a gamble if we can sign him to the MLE. Hopefully it goes better than the Ty Lawson experiment.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Tony Parker to Charlotte for 2 years/10 million
Guitarsoup
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

It's worth a gamble if we can sign him to the MLE. Hopefully it goes better than the Ty Lawson experiment.
More likely the vet minimum. And he won't cost you a #15 pick.
CFTXAG10
AG
Its pretty sad for Melo when you can make a case you would rather see Tucker starting, but he could be a valuable piece if he is cheap and doesn't mind listening to Dantoni this time around. I would love to see us find a way to pluck Korver away from Cleveland.
rvk246
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Its pretty sad for Melo when you can make a case you would rather see Tucker starting, but he could be a valuable piece if he is cheap and doesn't mind listening to Dantoni this time around. I would love to see us find a way to pluck Korver away from Cleveland.
He'll never listen to any coach, plays no defense, won't come off the bench, and won't pass the basketball out of the post. His style of offensive basketball is cancerous to team success as he takes inefficient shots, and needs to "play his game" just like Dwight Howard.
rvk246
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

He's a negative on both ends of the floor and the locker room. Not worth anything other than the vet min especially considering that we spent the MLE on Tucker last year who turned out great on both ends.
CreedBratton
Guitarsoup said:

Not sure I like the idea of this. He has skills but he is a headcase. If it happens, hopefully CP3 can keep him focused and in check
Texan_Aggie
AG
Only way I sign Melo is for the veteran's minimum and have him come off the bench. Could actually see a role for him to come off the bench and drain threes on the second unit of the other team. I give him a short leash and tell him if there's any kind of friction he is gone.
Pumpkinhead
AG
OKC is paying millions to Melo to just go away? because they feel it would be an 'addition by subtraction' situation for their team? Best not to hope For too much if picking up that kind of player.
Ryan34
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

OKC is paying millions to Melo to just go away? because they feel it would be an 'addition by subtraction' situation for their team? Best not to hope For too much if picking up that kind of player.

They're paying millions to save a ton more millions. Their tax bill is insane.
Guitarsoup
AG
Depending on how much Melo takes in the buyout, OKC can save about $100,000,000 by paying Melo to not play for them.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Ryan34 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

They're paying millions to save a ton more millions. Their tax bill is insane.
This
canadiaggie
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Chatter like the chatter that your homeboys bring up in the group-text, or is it credible chatter? Because I've heard plenty of the former but nothing substantive from the latter.
PascalsWager
AG
Harden and CP3 should probably be playing about 60 games during the meaningless regular season anyway. So during those games, Carmelo should be able to shoot the team into a 30 point loss; who cares. He's happy, he gobbles meaningless minutes, and everyone wins.
Hickory High
AG
Bet all this "Melo chatter" is completely manufactured by media and fans, not the team.
lil99chris
AG
....anybody go to International Smoke yet?!?!?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.