Manchester United 2024-25 Thread

24,144 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Thunder18
Aston94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Made more changes than I expected. Getting some players some needed time and getting others some rest.
Dre_00
Holy hell he rotated....I'm kind of guessing at the formation to be honest.

------------------Rashford----------------
Garnacho------Eriksen-------Antony
------------Ugarte--Collyer--------------
--Evans--Casemiro--Maguire--Dalot
-----------------Bayindir-------------------

Poor Dalot...man can't get a rest. I don't think Collyer is a ball progressor and that backline is something else (not in a good way).

Dre_00
Turns out Collyer is at LB, Casemiro is in midfield and Evans is at CB. I guess putting one kid out of position is better than putting 3 veterans out of position but that's a tough ask for Collyer. The Ugarte/Casemiro mids are about as creative as a dad joke.
Dre_00
Rashford with an extremely nice goal. That first touch was exquisite.
Dre_00
Antony wins a (somewhat questionable) penalty and then is allowed to take it. Letting Antony take a penalty in the first half of a 1-0 game is a pretty good indicator of how United feel about this game.

Barnsley insist upon playing a high defensive line and it isn't going great for them so far.
Dre_00
3-0 Garnacho...and it could be 5 or 6 with slightly better decision making in the final third. This is the no contest one would hope to get but rarely do with United.
Dre_00
Been a minute since we beat a team like that.
Thunder18
AG
Thrashed 'em. Hopefully gives Rashford a confidence boost

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.