***Young Americans Soccer thread***

81,303 Views | 726 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Aston94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are we equating Israel to Russia? Is that what we're doing here? If so we might want to re-look at both situations.

Indonesia agreed to host an event for FIFA, and now they don't want to have one of the teams in their country. That's fine, its your country, but the event must be moved.

Banning Russia from events does raise questions for me, only because there are so many wars going on where the aggressor is not punished globally like Russia has been.
Rudyjax
AG
Quote:

Are we equating Israel to Russia? Is that what we're doing here? If so we might want to re-look at both situations.

I think from a certain point of view the actions of Israel are intolerable and could be considered similar.

That being said I don't know enough to make that claim.

But I know there is some hypocrisy.
jeffk
AG
Personally, I'm not trying to say Israel and Russia are the same. Or that FIFA was right/wrong to ban Russia.

Just that when you host a FIFA event, you have to do things FIFA's way. If they ban a team, they're banned. If they're allowed in, they're allowed in. Fail to abide by FIFA's directives and you risk losing the right to host.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Personally, I'm not trying to say Israel and Russia are the same. Or that FIFA was right/wrong to ban Russia.

Just that when you host a FIFA event, you have to do things FIFA's way. If they ban a team, they're banned. If they're allowed in, they're allowed in. Fail to abide by FIFA's directives and you risk losing the right to host.
Good point.
deadbq03
AG
jeffk said:

I agree. And I wasn't trying to equate Russia to Israel either - I'm merely pointing out that from a non-Western perspective, Russia and Israel both stand as examples of how international organizations tend to do things that the Western nations want. Perhaps rightly so, but we shouldn't really be surprised when things like this happen. This is a (low-stakes) protest against the entire west, not just Israel. I guarantee if they had been hosting the real WC and Israel had made it, they would keep their mouth shut and happily take our money. Everyone's a hypocrite.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
jeffk said:

Just like Qatar did.
wangus12
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

jeffk said:

Just like Qatar did.
I imagine Qatar paid FIFA a lot more money than whatever Indonesia came up with for the U20 tournament
Aston94
AG
jeffk said:

Agree completely.
Rudyjax
AG
It all comes down to money.

jessexy
AG
FWIW, Indonesia was previously banned by FIFA back in 2015. I can't remember why but they could not qualify for the 2018 World Cup because they were banned at the beginning of the Oceania WCQ phase. Post-reinstatement, they were awarded this U20 World Cup and now they're scratched by FIFA all over again. Very strange but maybe FIFA will be done with them now.
Rudyjax
AG

This could be really good for the game if he works out.

Might be a way to get more athletes to play the game. You can go pro as a young teen versus waiting for a very long time to make money playing.

Or could be a huge disaster. I for one am going to follow this story.

Rudyjax
AG
Rudyjax
AG

What do y'all think of this kid? A team potential? B team?
oh no
AG
Rudyjax
AG
akm91
AG
Good write up on the match: US U-23 vs Mexico
Rudyjax
AG
This is amazing to me. These kids would be sophomores and juniors in HIGH SCHOOL.

This is exactly why men's soccer is improving at a faster rate than women's.

We need to get these kids to camp and get them to play for thd good guys.
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg
AG
https://www.youtube.com/live/2SmXG1pkUJA?si=0p08dmy0HQkF11gp
Rudyjax
AG
Rudyjax
AG

Rudyjax
AG
I really hope he ends up in Germany. They seem to do a great job developing young Americans.

Rudyjax
AG
Rudyjax
AG
Wrong thread.
Rudyjax
AG
US U-23M (U-19) advances to the Quarter finals of the Pan Am games with a 2 nil victory of Columbia.
Women advance as well!'

Both teams taking on my favorite winter time food. Ladies on 10/31 and men on 11/1.

Rudyjax
AG

https://www.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/s/Ul94ZwBgmQ

07 in NYRB academy with a Croatian passport.

I hope he goes to Dortmund. They do a great job developing players.
Rudyjax
AG
U-19 team falls to Chile in the Quarters in the U-22 tournament.

I spent the entire second half trying to find it on Fubo TV and gave up and found it on a stream. Got to watch the last 10 .

Very Concacaf-ish and the FC Dallas left back Nolan Norris for US is one feisty mofo.

He was definitely a leader on that team.

Context.

Rudyjax
AG
Rudyjax
AG
oh no
AG
U17s beating Korea 3-1 right now.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I didn't know that there was a baby American (who's also the son of a Honduran legend) in the Liverpool academy.

https://theathletic.com/5077514/2023/11/20/keyrol-figueroa-liverpool-usa-world-cup/?source=user_shared_article Keyrol Figueroa: The Liverpool and U.S. starlet with the world at his feet

TRM
AG
Not a bad effort by the U-17s against Germany.
oragator
oragator
Not sure we care, but…

oragator

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.