Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

USC and UCLA to Big Ten

22,425 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiehawg
Bogey1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking of money, the travel budgets will be insane for USC and UCLA. And I'm not talking about football. ALL of the non revenue sports including women.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
USC/UCLA will be three time zones away from the entire Big 10 East, and that will create logistical problems.
Malibu
Iraq2xVeteran said:

USC/UCLA will be three time zones away from the entire Big 10 East, and that will create logistical problems.
I think the money will help them figure it out. As a SoCal resident I'm pumped up about this.
The Porkchop Express
Arizona says another 7 or 8 defections and they're a contender for the Pac-3 title!
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
JBGoode
AG
This is also a kick in the gnads to Colorado, who middle fingered the BDF.
wbt5845
AG
So this brings the SEC and B1G to 16 schools each.

The leftovers now are:

Prime of the ACC - Clemson, UVA, VPI, FSU, UNC, Miami, I guess?
Prime of the Pac12 - Oregon, Washington, I guess maybe Stanford?
Prime of the BDF: No one since they're no longer a Power conference

And Domer.

Those suggesting "Pac12 snatches up Tech" are foolish. You snatch up Tech the same way you snatch up the clap.

Those on the outside of the two new Super Powers need to act fast. Perhaps Notre Dame goes ahead and goes all the way. Maybe the ACC adds - who? Scrape off Louisville or Cincinnati from a sinking BDF?

And Colorado and Utah both gotta feel like idiots - rats who swam towards a sinking ship. They chose - poorly.
The Porkchop Express
Bogey1996 said:

Thinking of money, the travel budgets will be insane for USC and UCLA. And I'm not talking about football. ALL of the non revenue sports including women.
This is extreme apples and oranges, but I worked in Rice's athletic department in 1996-1997 when they had just joined the Mountain West and you could tell it was an immediate disaster as we took planes and rented big blocks of hotel rooms for volleyball battles with BYU and UTEP in front of dozens of people.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Dallasag517
AG
colorado i doubt cares much. utah on the other hand may see an opening for them to be a premiere program in football with what is left in the pac. and for utah, that probably looks like a pretty good deal.
wbt5845
AG
haha just saw USC & UCLA are planning a 2024 start. Not even announced yet and they will start a full year before sip and land thief since they didn't have a stupid grant of rights contract with their minions.
JBGoode
AG
wbt5845 said:

Those suggesting "Pac12 snatches up Tech" are foolish. You snatch up Tech the same way you snatch up the clap.

You are correct, but only because as another poster points out, Tech is in better shape now in the BDF.
Dallasag517
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Bogey1996 said:

This is extreme apples and oranges, but I worked in Rice's athletic department in 1996-1997 when they had just joined the Mountain West and you could tell it was an immediate disaster as we took planes and rented big blocks of hotel rooms for volleyball battles with BYU and UTEP in front of dozens of people.
could it be that usc and ucla join the big 10 in football only and leave the rest of the sports in the pac? notre dame has a somewhat similar model. all sports in the acc except football.
greg.w.h
AG
wbt5845 said:

haha just saw USC & UCLA are planning a 2024 start. Not even announced yet and they will start a full year before sip and land thief since they didn't have a stupid grant of rights contract with their minions.
They do have one. It ends after the 2023-2024 academic year.
JBGoode
AG
The only ACC teams that I would want in the SEC would be North Carolina, Florida State, and Clemson. Don't go into Virginia. Let all that go B1G.

Still think Oklahoma State is SEC worthy, for "fit" reasons.
wbt5845
AG
Dominoes already dropping. Kansas looking to leave the BDF. Go independent in football and Big East in basketball.

greg.w.h
AG
wbt5845 said:

So this brings the SEC and B1G to 16 schools each.

The leftovers now are:

Prime of the ACC - Clemson, UVA, VPI, FSU, UNC, Miami, I guess?
Prime of the Pac12 - Oregon, Washington, I guess maybe Stanford?
Prime of the BDF: No one since they're no longer a Power conference

And Domer.

Those on the outside of the two new Super Powers need to act fast. Perhaps Notre Dame goes ahead and goes all the way. Maybe the ACC adds - who? Scrape off Louisville or Cincinnati from a sinking BDF?

And Colorado and Utah both gotta feel like idiots - rats who swam towards a sinking ship. They chose - poorly.
False in both counts. The PAC-12 helped both teams. Scott's stewardship was unfortunate but the strategy was better than the Big 12's or Mountain West's much less the too small and too small 16-team unterconference WAC.

The Pac-12 has to partner in its network and it is much harder with the remaining teams. But teams are far more valuable regionally than nationally. But the value of the Pac single network goes up substantially if the regional are also streamed as an added cost over the baseline PACN or even as an included cost out of region. That solves most of their carriage issue.

People look at Nebraska's exit from the BDF as an utter failure, too, but with the new contract they're possibly looking at $70 million per year and maybe more with USC and UCLA in baseline media rights. That's a disaster most schools can build on.
Bad Poster
JBGoode said:

This is also a kick in the gnads to Colorado, who middle fingered the BDF.

Good **** that school and their sorry ass fanbase.
Olsen
AG
UNC and Duke to the Big 10

Clemson and Florida State to the SEC

These moves would end the ACC.
MROD92
helloimustbegoing said:

Arizona says another 7 or 8 defections and they're a contender for the Pac-3 title!

It's funny you post this. A co worker is a HUGE Arizona fan. He literally texted me "I hope Arizona stays put, a few more schools leave the PAC and we can dominate the conference"
AgBQ-00
AG
if it is going to completely coalesce into 2 mega-conferences, I hope the SEC grabs Va Tech and FSU.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
LMCane
McInnis80 said:

BigDave21 said:

Agreed. Why stop there? Let's bring Miami too for em.
They can have Miami. They don't draw well and seem to be one scandal away from shutting down the program. The only reason they were able get Christobal as coach was due to taking profits from their hospital and giving to build up the football program. I don't know if that's a sustainable business model.
this is laughably and demonstrably false.

and it's "Cristobal"
CCAD AG
ESPN on top of things as usual. At 6:00 am today they released the following ESPN+ article showing how well the PAC was doing, one year into commissioner Kliavkoff's reign:

Where the Pac-12 stands after one year under commissioner George Kliavkoff, and what's next

From the article:
Quote:

But under Kliavkoff's leadership, decision-makers throughout the Pac-12 are bullish about the future of their conference. A new and improved television deal looms, a critical component as the Big Ten and SEC take steps that are sure to separate them as the wealthiest in all of college athletics.

For some reason, that article link is nowhere on the ESPN front page any longer.

Is the plural of doofus doofi ?
The Lost
What's gonna be funny, is when the sec/big realign divisions and we're back to the original swc/big 12 mash up just with more money

Honestly I wish all the money went into one big pot, had regional divisions with the p5 teams, and an fcs style playoff.
Craigy
Conference of Champions. Bill Walton is still having a good day. Every day he has is a good day
p8aggie
AG
SEC needs to go all in and add an in-state rival for the schools that don't have one:
- Georgia Tech
- Clemson
- Florida St.
- Louisville
- Oklahoma St
- Kansas (for Missouri even though not in-state)
(Arkansas and LSU have each other)
Deputy Travis Junior
Señor Chang said:

USC/UCLA will be three time zones away from half of the schools in the Big 10. This seems like a logistical nightmare.

Yea it kinda works for football since the season is so short, but the other sports are gonna get f*****cked. The basketball teams are gonna get bed sores on their asses from spending so much time on a plane.
KCup17
AG
We are witnessing the death of the Big 12
. . .
TXAG 05
AG
KCup17 said:

We are witnessing the death of the Big 12

You misspelled Pac12. Most people on here won't admit it, but the new Big12 will be pretty salty.
ChemEAg08
AG
Time for payback to all our backstabbing "friends" in the SEC.

GT for UGA
Louisville for UK
Clemson for USCe
FSU for UF
Okie st for Okie
Kansas for tu
KCup17
AG
The Pac 12 is immediately going to look to poach schools from the Big 12. Tech, Okie lite, Baylor and another will probably get offered spots. Cincy, UCF and BYU will be left out to dry.
Blindside05
AG
KCup17 said:

The Pac 12 is immediately going to look to poach schools from the Big 12. Tech, Okie lite, Baylor and another will probably get offered spots. Cincy, UCF and BYU will be left out to dry.

It's who eat who first lol
Actual Talking Thermos
So clearly in a few years we're going to have two major conferences: Fox and ESPN.
The Porkchop Express
MROD92 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

It's funny you post this. A co worker is a HUGE Arizona fan. He literally texted me "I hope Arizona stays put, a few more schools leave the PAC and we can dominate the conference"
My brother graduated from Arizona. I died laughing when he texted me to say they had hired Sumlin. They had their RC moment back in 2000 when they fired Dick Tomey (95-64 in 13 seasons). They are 108-132 since then with one 10-win season, and they've lost 23 of their last 24, including a 20-game losing streak that they broke halfway through 2021.
safety guy
AG
Bison said:

Trying to wrap my mind around this. I can't see the Pac-12 (10) surviving this at all. Too late to grab BYU at this point, and you'd probably need Boise State as well.

Prediction: Zona and ASU to BDF, maybe Stanford and Cal as well. Oregon is probably in an absolute panic at this point --maybe they can get in the BDF before the AZ schools, maybe not. BDF might want Oregon over Cal.

As long as Phil Knight is alive, Oregon will have a seat at the big boy table.
Charlie 31
AG

It appears the Jayhawks were not happy to see increased football competition in the BDF with the sips moving to the SEC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.