Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

USC and UCLA to Big Ten

22,177 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiehawg
Marcus Brutus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maver1ck
AG
Lincoln Riley punching air
_mpaul
AG
Not buying it. That seems like a really dumb move. Of course, I didn't think tu and OU would want to join the SEC, or that the SEC would be dumb enough to admit them.
LostInTheSchloss
AG
Lincoln Riley making the move to Ivy League. Quote "I'm not running from the B1G. There is a great opportunity for amazing football here."
Marcus Brutus
LostInTheSchloss said:

Lincoln Riley making the move to Ivy League. Quote "I'm not running from the B1G. There is a great opportunity for amazing football here."

Nice!
maver1ck
AG
_mpaul said:

Not buying it. That seems like a really dumb move. Of course, I didn't think tu and OU would want to join the SEC, or that the SEC would be dumb enough to admit them.

Makes perfect sense for the B1G

They have to do anything they can to keep up with the SEC these days, and USC and UCLA are pretty big names.
moldaggie
Hey,

If this is true, something to think about for us in the future. Kids would love to play in CA and the likes of OSU, MI, PSU etc..
Ugly
AG
So now Maryland vs. USC/UCLA will be a conference game? That's even worse than the WV travel in the BDF.
Ugly
AG
Also, does this write the obituary for the "Alliance" less than a year into its existence?
greg.w.h
AG
The B1G collecting new Rust Belt states to go with its other declining populations states is brilliant…
jja79
AG
nbaker2022 said:

Lincoln Riley punching air

Next stop Fresno State.
Showstopper
AG
Texas Tech, Okie State, Kansas, and Iowa State (or whomever) call Pac 12: "Yo… we're still available over here… if you change your mind… pretty please"
BMX Bandit
_mpaul said:

Dumb? They are going where the money is in reading the tea leaves on the future of college football. It would've been dumb to stay in the Pac 12.

BMX Bandit
the "Alliance" in which they never agreed to anything, and disagreed on the playoff, and even if they did agree on anything, there is nothing to stop any team or conference from changing their position the next day and leave.

its quite a formidable alliance.
True Texan
AG
Helps us in recruiting against Oregon.
NoahAg
Ugly said:

So now Maryland vs. USC/UCLA will be a conference game? That's event worse than the WV travel in the BDF.

I can see this being used as a recruiting advantage for SEC schools. Asking kids and their families if they really want to endure that kind of travel for games.
Let's go, Brandon!
NoahAg
I am surprised that the state of California would let UCLA and Cal split up. I would think the state would try to stop it if they can.
Let's go, Brandon!
Showstopper
AG
BMX Bandit said:

the "Alliance" in which they never agreed to anything, and disagreed on the playoff, and even if they did agree on anything, there is nothing to stop any team or conference from changing their position the next day and leave.

its quite a formidable alliance.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Iowaggie
AG
It appears Texas broke up another conference, just from rumors of the Longhorns joining the PAC.
Showstopper
AG
NoahAg said:

I am surprised that the state of California would let UCLA and Cal split up. I would think the state would try to stop it if they can.
You mean like Texas legislature stopped either us or Texas? Or Okie legislature stopped OU from leaving okie state?

It's time everyone realized that legislatures aren't getting too involved. Maybe they will have some hearing that doesn't do anything or something.
NoahAg
The difference between UCLA and Carroll, are in the same state system.
Let's go, Brandon!
Jarrin' Jay
AG
No way the power brokers and politicians in Cali. let this happen. USC maybe as they are private with their own $$ and can do whatever they want really, but no way UCLA is able to do it.

It would be a stupid move anyway, and even if there are many benefits for UCLA and USC, I can't see any benefit to the B1G teams by adding these two.

Think there is a minimal chance for this to happen. Also, it doesn't really make sense logistically or for TV, etc. Still with the SEC was not short-sighted in accepting cow and OU but it made a lot more sense than adding two teams in CA to the B1G IMHO.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
whomever the pac whatever commissioner is should be fired twice.
Bison
AG
Trying to wrap my mind around this. I can't see the Pac-12 (10) surviving this at all. Too late to grab BYU at this point, and you'd probably need Boise State as well.

Prediction: Zona and ASU to BDF, maybe Stanford and Cal as well. Oregon is probably in an absolute panic at this point --maybe they can get in the BDF before the AZ schools, maybe not. BDF might want Oregon over Cal.
McInnis80
I think that UCLA and USC read the writing on the wall and saw the significant gap in TV money between the PAC 12 and the B1G/SEC. They had to do something, and they are both AAU schools who fit the B1G profile, unlike a certain school in Norman.

The Pac 10 is toast, and I don't know what they remaining schools do. Also this is not good news for the ACC. There will be tremendous pressure at Clemson, UNC and UVa to do something. The ACC can only rdie the Clemson train for so long.
Señor Chang
AG
USC/UCLA will be three time zones away from half of the schools in the Big 10. This seems like a logistical nightmare.
McInnis80
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

whomever the pac whatever commissioner is should be fired twice.
The new guy has tried some things. He got out of the San Francisco lease, but it may be too late. The only TV slot that they own is the 10:30 EST slot, and let's face it, that's make the 12:00 EST slot look good.
AG
The SEC will move to pick up Florida State, Clemson, NC, Miami, and maybe Va Tech.

I'd bet on it. Super conferences will be here soon.
Panama Red
AG
Love that people who have no clue about the situation, what information has been reviewed etc. can believe they know more about the situation than these school do and say its a dumb idea to move or for the Big 10 to take the schools.
HoustonAg2021
Then on the flip side I could see ND, Duke, wake, and Pitt to the big 10 too
BMX Bandit
McInnis80 gets it.
Showstopper
AG
McInnis80 said:

I think that UCLA and USC read the writing on the wall and saw the significant gap in TV money between the PAC 12 and the B1G/SEC. They had to do something, and they are both AAU schools who fit the B1G profile, unlike a certain school in Norman.

The Pac 10 is toast, and I don't know what they remaining schools do. Also this is not good news for the ACC. There will be tremendous pressure at Clemson, UNC and UVa to do something. The ACC can only rdie the Clemson train for so long.
We should be trying to get FSU in as payback to Florida being part of the clandestine group of schools that were working to bring in Texas behind our back. Seriously. F the Gators.
HoustonAg2021
Agreed. Why stop there? Let's bring Miami too for em.
arlington_ag23
AG
I understand that at the end of the day money always makes the decisions, but one of the things that made college football so passionate was its regionality. Somewhat sad to see the sport becoming more and more similar to the NFL, but after NIL was announced that trend was inevitable.
p8aggie
AG
I wonder if tu and ou could change direction and fill the void in the PAC and be the big dogs. Maybe take tech and okie state with them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.