Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

USC and UCLA to Big Ten

22,500 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiehawg
McInnis80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigDave21 said:

Agreed. Why stop there? Let's bring Miami too for em.
They can have Miami. They don't draw well and seem to be one scandal away from shutting down the program. The only reason they were able get Christobal as coach was due to taking profits from their hospital and giving to build up the football program. I don't know if that's a sustainable business model.
CrockerAg98
AG
So does Texas try to back out of the SEC and join their "equals" in the B1G?
SchizoAg
AG
moldaggie said:

Hey,

If this is true, something to think about for us in the future. Kids would love to play in CA and the likes of OSU, MI, PSU etc..
Haha... Can you imagine leaving the sips in the SEC with all of the rednecks they so fervently revile... If only Bowtie were still at the helm, maybe it could happen. But in that case the SEC never would have accepted t.u. in the first place.
greg.w.h
AG
CrockerAg98 said:

Yes. OU, too. This is a counter to Sankey's dumb proposal to hold an internal playoff and offer to play the best remaining team in the nation. He's awful at strategy.
BMX Bandit
you do realize this is what Sankey wants, don't you?

SEC and Big10 are leading the charge to super conferences that will break away from the NCAA, for football at least.

the internal playoff threat is so other conferences will go along with the expanded playoff the SEC wants. the pac 12 is soon not going to have much of a say.
hunter2012
AG
p8aggie said:

I wonder if tu and ou could change direction and fill the void in the PAC and be the big dogs. Maybe take tech and okie state with them.
Or the B1G, let it be anywhere except the SEC.

davido
AG
True Texan said:

Helps us in recruiting against Oregon.

Think they want Oregon and.. who, maybe Washington also?
Iowaggie
AG
McInnis80 said:

I think that UCLA and USC read the writing on the wall and saw the significant gap in TV money between the PAC 12 and the B1G/SEC. They had to do something, and they are both AAU schools who fit the B1G profile, unlike a certain school in Norman.

The Pac 10 is toast, and I don't know what they remaining schools do. Also this is not good news for the ACC. There will be tremendous pressure at Clemson, UNC and UVa to do something. The ACC can only rdie the Clemson train for so long.

A B12-PAC merger of the top 12 teams with the leftovers being treated like those schools that had just joined the Big East until the Big East decided to go basketball only schools.

Oregon, Washington, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State ...Iowa State, Stanford, Utah?

Maybe the Big Pac-up?
The Ghost of Johnny
AG
Lol at Stanford in that group
Dallasag517
AG
Hilarious! What happened to "The Alliance?" I can't wait for the PAC and Big 10 Commissioners get asked that question.
AG
CrockerAg98 said:

First thing I thought when I saw this. Let's hope.

They are a much better cultural fit with the Big ten anyway. And it's a much weaker conference than the SEC, so they have a chance of going better than .500 there.

Let them destroy that conference.
Iowaggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

the "Alliance" in which they never agreed to anything, and disagreed on the playoff, and even if they did agree on anything, there is nothing to stop any team or conference from changing their position the next day and leave.

its quite a formidable alliance.

A Trojan horse?

TexasAggiesWin
S
JBGoode
AG
IF TRUE….

Lincoln knew all along…

And SEC will snag a couple more, including Florida St.

PAC 12 will snag Texas Tech and should get Boise St. The departure of USC and UCLA will lessen the exclusivity of who PAC 12 invites, if they want to survive.
Dallasag517
AG
BMX Bandit said:

SEC and Big10 are leading the charge to super conferences that will break away from the NCAA, for football at least.

the internal playoff threat is so other conferences will go along with the expanded playoff the SEC wants. the pac 12 is soon not going to have much of a say.
Sankey said the SEC did not want an expanded playoff. He was leading that at the request of the other conferences. I'm pretty sure that was his message. And he was incensed when the plan was rejected by "The Alliance."
EKUAg
AG
Dallasag517 said:

Hilarious! What happened to "The Alliance?" I can't wait for the PAC and Big 10 Commissioners get asked that question.

Iowaggie
AG
The Ghost of Johnny said:

Lol at Stanford in that group
I couldn't get past 9 schools...
Dallasag517
AG
hahahahahah

blue star for posting that!
JBGoode
AG
The "olds" of the SEC think highly of Texas and OU, and they are coming for sure. Besides, again if true, Texas already knew about this anyway.
JBGoode
AG
Dallasag517 said:

What happened to the "gentlemen's agreement"? tu laughs and wants to know.
greg.w.h
AG
BMX Bandit said:

That's not what his strategy is causing. Texas and OU can be convinced to accept more money.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Sankey said the SEC did not want an expanded playoff.
Sankey has said he is okay with 4, but in meetings has pushed 12 teams with 6 auto bids
Nino Brown
Señor Chang said:

USC/UCLA will be three time zones away from half of the schools in the Big 10. This seems like a logistical nightmare.

This was always headed towards 2 major Conferences, it's the end game.
byxaggie00
AG
For football it's a pain but workable but will be a nightmare for every other sport.
Dallasag517
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Sankey said the SEC did not want an expanded playoff.
Sankey has said he is okay with 4, but in meetings has pushed 12 teams with 6 auto bids
agreed. but when the plan was rejected i thought he said the sec wasn't the one pushing for expansion. he developed the expansion plan with notre dame and others to help the other conferences get playoff exposure. and i think i read he said he would not be so amendable to an expansion idea if it comes up again. that was my take anyway.
greg.w.h
AG
JBGoode said:

Dallasag517 said:

What happened to the "gentlemen's agreement"? tu laughs and wants to know.
It was only to deny the SEC setting the terms of the CFP expansion though likely it helped with managing selection committee choices as well. Other than that? Hasn't changed scheduling meaningfully and someone knew that the USC/UCLA move was being considered either when the Alliance was announced or believed more change was likely. Alliances like that and the U.N. usually try to pour concrete on the status quo ante. Which is why they eventually fail. NATO was a likely failure (Trump correctly condemned it for lying about military expense) until Putin reinvigorated it with his special military operation (which can't be a war if you on entry into the UN had sovereignty…just an internal dispute…)

But I digress…
TXAG 05
AG
JBGoode said:

IF TRUE….

Lincoln knew all along…

And SEC will snag a couple more, including Florida St.

PAC 12 will snag Texas Tech and should get Boise St. The departure of USC and UCLA will lessen the exclusivity of who PAC 12 invites, if they want to survive.

Why would tech leave? The new Big12 will be way better than a PAC without USC and UCLA.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Follow the money. The money makes sense for USC and UCLA.

The PAC was falling further and further behind the others in tv money. USC and UCLA were on the brink of not being able to compete. They did this to survive financially. It must be bad for UCLA to agree to leave the commune.

ETA: meaning compete nationally
wbt5845
AG
The Rose Bowl wept.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I still think that Texas ends up in the Big 10, and never plays a down in the SEC. They aren't a fit for the conference, and the conference isn't a fit for them.
papatobe
Showstopper said:

Texas Tech, Okie State, Kansas, and Iowa State (or whomever) call Pac 12: "Yo… we're still available over here… if you change your mind… pretty please"
Actually, the B12 is now in the position of relative strength from an athletic standpoint.
rgag12
AG
Wtf that's a horrible move
monarch
S
Think airports are a problem today? Wait until football season!
Peace for Ukraine!
Olsen
AG
The ACC - Big 10 - Pac 12 conference alliance that was formed last year was all smokescreen and full of ****
JBGoode
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Why would tech leave? The new Big12 will be way better than a PAC without USC and UCLA.

It pains me to say, you make a good point.

LOL at Oregon. Never liked Nike U.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.