***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,523,858 Views | 30590 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Project Gemini
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WTF, TK?
Twisted Helix
The stoner conversation is quite interesting.
Breggy Popup
AG
Jackal99 said:

WTF, TK?

I am loving this
Bonnettecj1
Lil Stoner was a phenomenal story.
Ag4life80
AG
When Jake was first called up, he earned starting in CF for the best team in baseball. That was no fluke. A torn labrum is no minor injury. That injury ended Brantley's career.
I'm not sure what switch flipped on for him, but he has gone from a deer in the headlights fringe player to a confident, aggressive line drive hitting machine. Pretty crazy, but my point is, the talent was there.
W
AG
Hader to close
W
AG
Bregman had his OPS up to .652 -- the night the derecho blew in

now it's back down to .601
Silent For Too Long
W.
Twisted Helix
Whoop!
Harry Dunne
Ag4life80 said:

When Jake was first called up, he earned starting in CF for the best team in baseball. That was no fluke. A torn labrum is no minor injury. That injury ended Brantley's career.
I'm not sure what switch flipped on for him, but he has gone from a deer in the headlights fringe player to a confident, aggressive line drive hitting machine. Pretty crazy, but my point is, the talent was there.
] He definitely did not suck…but he was a 28 y/o with a career .675 OPS, where a league average OF is .750. I was only ever upset that he ate into my guy Chas' playing time, although now he's starting to show why.
Daddy-O5
AG
Nice
Mr.Bond
AG
That's the 95 million dollar closer we paid for
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Harry Dunne
JV now only 40 wins away from being the last man to ever win 300 games.
agdaddy04
AG
The postgame show is now available on mlb.tv??
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agdaddy04 said:

The postgame show is now available on mlb.tv??

It started in the angels series, both pre and post. This is the first time I've ever seen them so it on purpose
Twisted Helix
23-28
3.5 back
This division sucks. Thankfully.
agdaddy04
AG
Nice to see. Astros had been one of the few teams where it would just shut off after the last pitch.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Nice to see. Astros had been one of the few teams where it would just shut off after the last pitch.

In a few games earlier this year, it actually cut off for me before the final pitch. Glad they got it all sorted out
Beau Holder
AG
Hader ERA down to 3.91
Mathguy64
AG
I said 12-4 was the mark to hit.

We are now 10-4. 2 more to go.

We can still hit 12-4.
AggieMD95
AG
Ag4life80 said:

Y he alway had a nice up side
The Porkchop Express
Must be a great team, only 1/2 game behind the Champs!

RED AG 98
AG
Potential. That was the word for Jake. You could tell he had tools for a higher ceiling than some of our other options but he never came close to consistently playing up to the visible talent. Whether lost or hurt or whatever, he's definitely playing now at a level unlike he's ever done. Over +.200 in 2024 versus his career OPS.
Marvin
AG
I listened to the game on the radio while replacing the touchscreen in Mrs. Marvin's Cadillac. It was looking bleak early- on both sides- but it worked out in the end. Here's to easing past the Rangers tomorrow on the way to first place!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
Abreu was 0-3 in Sugar Land tonight. He will arrive DOA at MMP just as he left. It's only a matter of Crane accepting reality.
Prosperdick
AG
iBrad
AG
Marvin said:

Abreu was 0-3 in Sugar Land tonight. He will arrive DOA at MMP just as he left. It's only a matter of Crane accepting reality.

I'll give him a few more games at AAA before sticking the fork in him. Though, if he fails to perform for SL, does he still get his ABs at the big league level?
W
AG
the Astros have the 12th best record in the American League

and only 3 games out of 1st place
txags92
AG
iBrad said:

Marvin said:

I'll give him a few more games at AAA before sticking the fork in him. Though, if he fails to perform for SL, does he still get his ABs at the big league level?
What is the realistic hope for him at this point? Big Mike is more than holding his own at 1B compared the expectations and seems to be getting better as he gets more regular playing time. We don't need another boat anchor in the middle of the order with Bregman already superglued into the 4 spot. It sounded like he was mediocre in actual game action at Palm Beach and was 0-3 in SL. So why bother bringing him up? There are a lot of other guys I would rather give a few ML at bats to than waste time letting him prove to us that nothing has changed with him.
The Porkchop Express
iBrad said:

Marvin said:

Abreu's the new Jake Meyers Just give him 2 ****ty seasons and then he'll get good!
Marvin
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

iBrad said:

Marvin said:

Abreu's the new Jake Meyers Just give him 2 ****ty seasons and then he'll get good!

Abreu isn't even new to AARP.
BCEDAg
AG
After the Cubs series the Astros' record was 7-19. Since then they have a 16-9 record - complete turnaround. Nice!
BCEDAg
AG
txags92 said:

iBrad said:

Marvin said:

What is the realistic hope for him at this point? Big Mike is more than holding his own at 1B compared the expectations and seems to be getting better as he gets more regular playing time. We don't need another boat anchor in the middle of the order with Bregman already superglued into the 4 spot. It sounded like he was mediocre in actual game action at Palm Beach and was 0-3 in SL. So why bother bringing him up? There are a lot of other guys I would rather give a few ML at bats to than waste time letting him prove to us that nothing has changed with him.

Cut bait with Abreu and keep big Jon at first and give Loperfido more at bats by giving Singleton some off days.
tjack16
AG
Nice win to wake up to
AgSportsFan89
AG
Nothing like playing the A's to cure all your woes
First Page Last Page
Page 688 of 875

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.