***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,662,084 Views | 32884 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by AggieMD95
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Dude was a .250 hitter for 3 seasons, with an OBP of .300, SLG of .400 and OPS in the .600 range... I'm glad that something is clicking, and that the team saw something in him, and i'm very happy to be very wrong about him if this new Jake is the real Jake. But it's not like he didn't legit suck for a lengthy bit.

I'm sitting here miserable from a ribeye coma but I'm still pretty sure .300 + .400 = .700. And he's closer to a .700 OPS for his career than .600
Farmer1906
AG
.500 & .640 xBAs for outs.
Beau Holder
AG
Muller about to go 5.1 innings on like 35 pitches.
W
AG
hit #3 for Altuve
iBrad
AG
Hell, I predicted Jake to hit around .250 with 25 HRs and thought it would be an outstanding season for him. He'll probably finish closer to .250 than .300, but I wouldn't mind seeing his average stay up where it is.
Beau Holder
AG
Three hits for Tuve
RED AG 98
AG
Serviam said:

RED AG 98 said:

Dude was a .250 hitter for 3 seasons, with an OBP of .300, SLG of .400 and OPS in the .600 range... I'm glad that something is clicking, and that the team saw something in him, and i'm very happy to be very wrong about him if this new Jake is the real Jake. But it's not like he didn't legit suck for a lengthy bit.

If he had a SLG of 400 and an OBP of 300 his OPS should have been right around 700 by my rudimentary calculations
Yeah, my eyeball averaging was very bad and I didn't add that up well. I was just trying to visually exclude 2024 and failed miserablly. Should be ,700 OPS not .600.
Farmer1906
AG
iBrad said:

Hell, I predicted Jake to hit around .250 with 25 HRs and thought it would be an outstanding season for him. He'll probably finish closer to .250 than .300, but I wouldn't mind seeing his average stay up where it is.

That quite the prediction for a guy who didn't have 20 career HRs and wasn't going to be an everyday player.
Twisted Helix
I wonder if we work on base running during the spring.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Does Altuve realize he's not contractually obligated to TOOTBLAN every game
iBrad
AG
Farmer1906 said:

iBrad said:

That quite the prediction for a guy who didn't have 20 career HRs and wasn't going to be an everyday player.

I had faith. And it might have been 20 HRs. Someone can search my posts.
Beat40
RED AG 98 said:

Serviam said:

RED AG 98 said:

If he had a SLG of 400 and an OBP of 300 his OPS should have been right around 700 by my rudimentary calculations
Yeah, my eyeball averaging was very bad and I didn't add that up well. I was just trying to visually exclude 2024 and failed miserablly. Should be ,700 OPS not .600.

If he is a .250 hitter with 20 bombs and plays an elite CF, he's absolutely your starting CFer and a guy you are looking to keep around.
Beat40
Twisted Helix said:

I wonder if we work on base running during the spring.

These are my favorite posts.
redline248
AG
I personally don't consider it a tootblan when you're attempting to steal on 1st move off a LHP and are picked off.
RED AG 98
AG
Beat40 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Serviam said:

RED AG 98 said:

If he is a .250 hitter with 20 bombs and plays an elite CF, he's absolutely your starting CFer and a guy you are looking to keep around.
He is, but he has 6, 1, and 10 (17 TOTAL) prior to 2024 which is kinda my point. I don't see people calling out .900 OPS Jake. It was the crappy Jake that wasn't good, maybe partially due to injury or youth or whatever...
W
AG
A's push 1 across vs. Abreu
W
AG
Singleton singles off the wall
BadAggie
AG
Epic…single
Daddy-O5
AG
Bat flipped that single.
W
AG
Yainer singles
Beat40
Hoping Chas can play one or two here and old T. Scott gets into the game.
Beau Holder
AG
I'm not sure I've ever seen more first pitch outs in one game.
SW-14
AG
Would have rather seen Loperfido there
Mathguy64
AG
I am really worried that the Chas treatment is just a prelude to the Captain Lou treatment upon his return.
Beau Holder
AG
Hard not to think that.
Silent For Too Long
Chas flashing the leather.
spadilly
S
Have yourself a night in the field, Chas!
linkdude
AG
Chas with the world series flashback?
W
AG
Chas getting a workout in left field
Twisted Helix
Dang Chaz.
agdaddy04
AG
Theres Chazzy Fizz
Silent For Too Long
Did ya'll see we have the best bullpen era in the majors in May?

Huge turn around from the dick slapping that was April.
Hornbeck
AG
That catch by Chas was gold
Jackal99
AG
Little Stoner
redline248
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I am really worried that the Chas treatment is just a prelude to the Captain Lou treatment upon his return.
Chas at least hit it hard twice, tonight
First Page Last Page
Page 687 of 940

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.