Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen

78,802 Views | 277 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmellba99
LEJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cam Newton is a thief. Woof!
Stat Monitor Repairman
You make a good point.
zephyr88
AG
Looking at the official NFL 2019 stats, Kyle ranks as follows:

The Good:
#13 with 252.3 yards passing per game (#12 is Brady)
#17 with 3,027 passing yards
#20 with 17 passing touchdowns (tie w/ Tannehill, Trubisky, Goff, Mayfield, Donald, Murray & Minshew)
#21 with 62.1% completions

The Bad:
#4 with 15 interceptions (tie with Jared Goff)

The Ugly:
#1 with 393 sack yards lost
#2 with 45 sacks
#28 in RTG (but better than Mayfield, LOL)
#30 in QBR
Dr RC
Flashdiaz said:

Sherman would not have started Manziel in 2012 and Johnny Football would have gone somewhere else.

There is no real way to know that is a fact or not. Johnny didn't even win the starting gig until fall practice.
vander54
S
Keep in mind he wasn't starting from week 1.
Sponge
AG
Re-signs with Panthers for another year.
BMX Bandit
$585k. league minimum. surprised that low

but as exclusive rights free agent, he had no negotiating power
ccatag
AG
zephyr88 said:

Looking at the official NFL 2019 stats, Kyle ranks as follows:

The Good:
#13 with 252.3 yards passing per game (#12 is Brady)
#17 with 3,027 passing yards
#20 with 17 passing touchdowns (tie w/ Tannehill, Trubisky, Goff, Mayfield, Donald, Murray & Minshew)
#21 with 62.1% completions

The Bad:
#4 with 15 interceptions (tie with Jared Goff)

The Ugly:
#1 with 393 sack yards lost
#2 with 45 sacks
#28 in RTG (but better than Mayfield, LOL)
#30 in QBR

Where does Kyle rank at QB fumbles? I live in NC and the Panthers are my team and who is broadcast here. I know Kyle had fumbles along with the interceptions but those turnovers get jumbled up together. Also, how many turnovers returned for 6 points? I seem to recall some of that too.

Not meant as a bashing of Kyle. I want him to do well as long as he is a Panther.
infinity ag
Shame on you Sumlin,
Philip J Fry
AG
infinity ag said:

Shame on you Sumlin,

Cannot be repeated enough.
Gil Renard
AG
Kyle Allen had his opportunities. While sumlin was to blame Kyle was to blame too
Gil Renard
AG
This wasn't Reggie Fran as much as the Kyle affluenza crowd on TexAgs would like to think
BanderaAg956
Kyle Allen was injured and sent back o to the field when doctors should have never let him back onto the field! That isn't on Allen....
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
. . .
zephyr88
AG
Well, the magical year is over... kid played hard. Still living his dream. Maybe the Redskins' opportunity will be good for him. It's not like there's anyone there who's solidly leading the team.
Southlake
Geez, he's still very young. This is a great opportunity for him.
Viper16
AG

Kyle's back with Coach Rivera now.
OKC~Ag
Viper16 said:

Kyle's back with Coach Rivera now.
Dwayne Haskins better QB than Allen?
Maybe not. Rivera hedging his bet.
ironmanag
AG
Kyle Allen lost his job at A&M, got benched at UH, got benched with the panthers, and is now third string with the redskins.

Rivera needed a QB familiar with his system.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
schmellba99
AG
ironmanag said:

Kyle Allen lost his job at was never given a real shot at A&M, got benched at UH, came off the bench when the starting QB quit on his team mid season and played well, then got benched with the panthers, and is now third string with the redskins.

Even with all of that - he's in the NFL. Probably making more than the NFL minimum, which is $720,000 for a 3 year guy. I'd say that even with everything - he's doing pretty solid compared to the overwhelming majority of the country. And you.

I really don't get the hate for a kid like Allen, who was 100% screwed over by the staff at A&M and did what 100% of the people looking to further their career would have done and find better opportunities elsewhere. I just don't get it.
Southlake
Both Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray were severely mismanaged at Texas A&M.

This is the main reason Sumlin was fired after his success which was hugely based on Johnny F.

Ironically, this enabled Texas A&M to wind up with Jimbo and be relevant again.

* I feel good saying this.
rollingwoodaggie
Kyle Allen played well for the Panthers. He will not be third string at Washington. He will probably be their day one starter.
jsmc71
AG
Southlake said:

This is the main reason Sumlin was fired after his success which was hugely based on Johnny F.

Were they? Not trying to be snarky, but back when this was going on, I was in the middle of life stuff (end of marriage/divorce and winning/taking on primary custody of my son). I didn't contribute or even lurk on any boards then and I'm wondering what the consensus is on what actually happened with them?

I've had more than one sip and boomer give me grief over Murray.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Were they?

Yes
Unemployed
AG
jsmc71 said:

Southlake said:

Were they? Not trying to be snarky, but back when this was going on, I was in the middle of life stuff (end of marriage/divorce and winning/taking on primary custody of my son). I didn't contribute or even lurk on any boards then and I'm wondering what the consensus is on what actually happened with them?

Yes per Jake Hubenak.

https://texags.com/s/28049/qb-chaos-an-inside-account-of-the-tumultuous-2015-texas-am-season
Win At Life
AG
Southlake said:

No. The main reason Sumlin was fired was because we lost too many games. We could have burned every 5-star recruit in the country in one season, but if we win the national champion that year, the coach will not be fired.
northeastag
AG
schmellba99 said:

ironmanag said:

Kyle Allen lost his job at was never given a real shot at A&M, got benched at UH, came off the bench when the starting QB quit on his team mid season and played well, then got benched with the panthers, and is now third string with the redskins.

Even with all of that - he's in the NFL. Probably making more than the NFL minimum, which is $720,000 for a 3 year guy. I'd say that even with everything - he's doing pretty solid compared to the overwhelming majority of the country. And you.

I really don't get the hate for a kid like Allen, who was 100% screwed over by the staff at A&M and did what 100% of the people looking to further their career would have done and find better opportunities elsewhere. I just don't get it.
I'm with you. I don't get the hate either. At this point he's proven that he can be a quality backup in the NFL. He may just end up with a long and lucrative career doing just that (after all, look at Chase Daniel). Good for the kid.
samhoustonag
jsmc71 said:

Southlake said:

Allen for sure. He was having a great season, then got injured (not just banged up a little, an injury). He suddenly went from a great completion percentage to struggling. Sumlin chose not to give him time to heal before putting him back on the field.
agz win
AG
RealTalk said:

jsmc71 said:

Southlake said:

Yes per Jake Hubenak.

https://texags.com/s/28049/qb-chaos-an-inside-account-of-the-tumultuous-2015-texas-am-season

Who's a nice guy but wasn't privy to all that was going on behind the scenes with the coaching staff.

Still, had we won more more games, Sumlin may still be on our sidelines.
Quad Dog
AG
I've thought more than once that a movie set in the QB room with Sumlin, Allen, and Murray would be really interesting.
BostonAg74
Quad Dog said:

I've thought more than once that a movie set in the QB room with Sumlin, Allen, and Murray would be really interesting.
Kevin Hart as Sumlin
Jayden Smith as Kyler and Will Smith as his daddy
And Kyle Allen as himself, because in all honesty, he's probably going to need the work about then.
schmellba99
AG
agz win said:

RealTalk said:

jsmc71 said:

Southlake said:

Yes per Jake Hubenak.

Who's a nice guy but wasn't privy to all that was going on behind the scenes with the coaching staff.

Still, had we won more more games, Sumlin may still be on our sidelines.
Guarantee you that Hubenak was just a tad bit closer and more involved and educated on the coaching and player handling situation than anybody on this board was.

He laid it out in his op-ed, and didn't leave anything really to the imagination with respect to abject failure by the coaching staff. Seriously, arguing otherwise is just being silly and stubborn.
BMX Bandit
has there ever been a situation in NCAA history where the two people fighting for starting job both transferred within a month of one another?

how can anyone still argue the situation was not handled horribly?
schmellba99
AG
BMX Bandit said:

has there ever been a situation in NCAA history where the two people fighting for starting job both transferred within a month of one another?

how can anyone still argue the situation was not handled horribly?
They can't, logically. It's 100% a case of wanting to blame somebody other than the actual source of the problem, or the inability to admit being wrong. I'm guessing the latter is the majority of it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.