Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen

78,828 Views | 277 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmellba99
Deputy Travis Junior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggie-master said:

Is Cam still going to be the starter when he heals up?

I'm thinking they'll put Cam back in but they will be quick to move on from him if he's not winning.
You have to think Cam is coming down the homestretch of his career. He is 30 years old and has been sacked ~300 times, rushed the ball ~1k times, and taken a ton of absolutely crushing hits. Yes he's big and has always been durable, but that beating would have forced a mere mortal to retire years ago.
IDaggie06
AG
Quote:

Huh. McCaffrey with 31 yards today and they still won.

It does help when the other team has 7 turnovers but Kyle played good today.

Ironic that we call Kyle "pick-six Allen" and he is on the verge of breaking the all time NFL record for most pass attempts without an interception for a rookie. Dak Prescott holds the record who took it from Tom Brady a few years ago.
Deputy Travis Junior
Quote:

Ironic that we call Kyle "pick-six Allen"
I get that the pick-sixes sucked, but if we're being honest, a throw downfield that results in a pick-six is on the entire offense, not just on the QB. That is, the picks were on Allen, but at least 2 of those return TDs were due to the offense not tackling the returner.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
ironmanag said:

Kyle Allen is not 4-0. Christian McCaffery and the Panthers are 4-0.

Allen is more like a participant.

They are winning in spite of him not because of him.
I don't like using "lol", but it applies in this case.
Schrute Farms
At some point the Panthers will realize that Kyle Allen is nothing more than a QB who helps them win NFL games.

Fools.
Sponge
AG
Loyalty
AG
Good for Kyle. Wish him the best.
jeepdriver54
AG
why do you care? history
Loyalty
AG
jeepdriver54 said:

why do you care? history
You talking to me? If so, I think Kyle got screwed by Sumlin. Treated horrible during his time here. With that said, I like to see guys realize their dream to play in the NFL.

Why does this bother you? What do you care?
gamedrunk
AG
I come here every week to check on this thread.
monarch
S
I'm glad Kyle is doing fine; maybe if Sumlin hadn't F'd him over, he could have done better for us.
bbry81
This thread and the kyler Murray haters are the best on texags
Muy
AG
The Kyler/Kyle screwup is grounds for never forgiving Sumlin.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
My favorite teams: 1. Ags. 2. whoever is playing tu. 3. whoever is playing Arizona.
FCBlitz
Round Rock AG said:

jeepdriver54 said:

why do you care? history
You talking to me? If so, I think Kyle got screwed by Sumlin. Treated horrible during his time here. With that said, I like to see guys realize their dream to play in the NFL.

Why does this bother you? What do you care?

Completely agree with Round Rock. KA was absolutely abused by Sumlin. Glad to see him doing well.
FriscoKid
AG
gamedrunk said:

I come here every week to check on this thread.
You know he's going to lose eventually and people will jump at the chance to say

"See I told you so".
schmellba99
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Quote:

I get that the pick-sixes sucked, but if we're being honest, a throw downfield that results in a pick-six is on the entire offense, not just on the QB. That is, the picks were on Allen, but at least 2 of those return TDs were due to the offense not tackling the returner.
And at least one of them was a blatant PI that wasn't called because Alabama was our opponent.
Artorias
AG
schmellba99 said:

Quote:

And at least one of them was a blatant PI that wasn't called because Alabama was our opponent.
The first INT was a short field return.

The other 2 were 55 yards and 93 yards. The INTs were on Allen, but the last 2 resulting in TDs was on the whole team.

Mort Rainey
ironmanag said:

Kyle Allen is not 4-0. Christian McCaffery and the Panthers are 4-0.

Allen is more like a participant.

They are winning in spite of him not because of him.

Post removed:
by user
gamedrunk
AG
Here again. I'll check back next week.
shihitemuslim
AG
He looked like Kyle Allen vs Alabama 2015 today
Sponge
AG
I doubt Cam would have looked any better.
Artorias
AG
Pretty sad how obsessed some people are
ironmanag
AG
Oops looks like he played a real team that McCaffery couldn't bail him out from.

The obsession with a kid that couldn't start at Uof H is mind boggling. He will disappear soon enough.

Good for him on the record.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
jja79
AG
Obsession noted.

Kid is living his dream. Are you?
Artorias
AG
ironmanag said:

Oops looks like he played a real team that McCaffery couldn't bail him out from.

The obsession with a kid that couldn't start at Uof H is mind boggling. He will disappear soon enough.

Good for him on the record.
You are the obsessed one. HTH.
schmellba99
AG
mugwurt said:

schmellba99 said:

Quote:

The first INT was a short field return.

The other 2 were 55 yards and 93 yards. The INTs were on Allen, but the last 2 resulting in TDs was on the whole team.

You are right, i'm thinking of another game. All 3 of those were bad throws by KA in that game. Must be thinking of 2014 game against Alabama or at least another one where there was blatant PI that wasn't called because...well, Alabama.
FriscoKid
AG
KA with another win.
gopitt
Kyle Allen IS the real deal. Can have done so much for A&M if Sumlin had not jerked him around. The kid is becoming a top flight NFL QB much to the chagrin of some envious Ags.
Nice going Kyle! The kid is a winner.
gamedrunk
AG
This is the first game I saw Allen play and only the 2nd quarter. He is very good.
gopitt
The Ags pissed at Allen for leaving should direct their anger at Sumlin who forced him to play hurt among numerous other things. Bozo Sumlin ran off two 5 stars in a week and Allen always handled it with class. Love the success he is having and deserves.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Happy for Kyle Allen. I want him to do well for a long time.
Unemployed
AG
Kyle Allen is 2-0 against former Aggie QBs.
West Point Aggie
AG
gopitt said:

Kyle Allen IS the real deal. Can have done so much for A&M if Sumlin had not jerked him around. The kid is becoming a top flight NFL QB much to the chagrin of some envious Ags.
Nice going Kyle! The kid is a winner.

Could have sunshine...could have...
Let’s Go Brandon!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.