Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Marcus Buckley

106,213 Views | 326 Replies | Last: 19 yr ago by
HuntPublic02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Come on you guys, everybody knows it Marcus Buckley who knocked out the TCU receiver. Coryatt was the one who dislocated both of Ty Detmer's shoulders against BYU in the Holiday Bowl.
All Flats 64
I'll never forget the year when R.C. led the team to a 4-6 season capped off by a 0-77 squeaker against ou!
BQ93
AG
After the Oilers cut Buckley didn’t he play in the preseason for the Cowboys? I remember how much the fans loved it when he was under center at Kyle. I can still hear the chant ringing in my ears

“Buckley!!!Buckley!!!Buckley!!!”

Good times man. Good times.

[This message has been edited by BQ93 (edited 2/6/2004 4:09p).]
old-Rudyjax
After Buckley was cut by the Oilers, he went to the Giants to play soemthing like an "A back." But, Parcells didn't have room for him and cut him. He then went to the Cowboys for a week, played a pre-season game, made a tackle on a kick off, and then was cut.
3rd Platoon
AG
I loved it when Marcus Buckley won the Lombardi Award. He's the son of refugees and was born in Arkansas. He overcame a lack of size and became an All-American, and led the Wrecking Crew to a Big XII Championship. I'll never forget Buckley #9!
AggieDruggist89
AG
Who can forget when Kevin Murray deep in our endzone passed to bucky who ran it out to 35 yard line and then as he was tackled, a lateral to Dat who took it and ran over Bo Jackson at the other endzone for the winning touchdown against University of Miami..as the Boz watched the game on the sideline..

Dang that's screwed up..
BQ93
AG
Remember when Buckley showed up at halftime and the Ags won the Bourbon Bowl?

Oh, and RC’s nipple rings – a mental scar I carry to this day.
chris93
AG
Geez, how can somebody not know Marcus Buckley? There's a statue of the guy right in front of the Zone.

What would an Aggie game be like today if Marcus Buckley hadn't come down from the stands at halftime of the Dixie Classic all those years ago?
war hymn aggie
AG
t.u. coach Mark Brown even talks about the Buckley hit that Coryatt put on that TSU receiver McFearsome.....AWESOME BABY!!!!
skrangeo
there was never a meaner duo in the backfield than our FB/RB combo of Patrick "Freight Train" Bates and Sam "Wheels" Adams...
Pooh Ah
AG
Quentin Coryatt made The Hit. Here is the move from Stigray:

http://stingray.tamu.edu/athletics/football/movies/TheHIT_shut_em_down.wmv

Right click and save it to your computer.

Last of The Old Army Non-Regs! '93
Mameluke
AG
Username: CU@Kyle
Number of Posts: 82
Account Created: 8/8/2001 7:34:30 AM

*sigh*

three years of hard work down the drain
DayAg!
S
quote:
I think the hit you're referring to was made by Quentin Coryatt on a TCU receiver...
but hey, you're on a roll

roflmao... you guys are brutal...

sack brothers = wallace and roper...
BQ93
AG
You guys need to get your facts straight.

It was 1990. Everyone knows that Buckley chose A&M over Southwest Louisiana because we agreed to let him play QB and they wanted him on defense. When Brandon Stewart transferred it kinda threw things into an uproar. RC decided to give Stewart a shot at QB so Buckley was moved over to defense for that game. Since #7 isn’t a DB’s number Buckley wore 44. It is true that John Roper normally wore 44 but he was suspended for parking in handicapped spaces or something.

Are you guys freshmen? You need to do some research before you start spoutin off like you know what you are talking about.
44 "THE HIT"
Suit papers are on the way.

The Hit

Quincey P. Morris
AG
The s**t hath hiteth the faneth.
Sgt. Hartman
AG
You guys are really confused.

It was Coryatt who picked off Gardere on the first play from scrimmage against tu a few years ago and took it to the house.
Mameluke
AG
do yall remember when mark farris lit up OU in 2002? i was there, i remember.

man, good times.
coop84
I think it was Wreckin Crew LB Kyle McPherson who knocked out TCU receiver Quentin Coryatt on that play. That was the game Aggie legend Kenneth Davis ran for about 356 yards, and Bob Lilly made about 20 tackles. I remember it well...
Bullpen Chias
AG
Actually had a class (Sports Psych) with BOTH of them. BOTH were nice, BOTH would have scored a 100 on the final but Buckley "decided to miss a few". Robert Wilson and D-Fray also in the class (both also aced the final
Lord Infamous
Does anyone remember when Dustin Long was freshman and he came in in the second quarter and led us to victory over number 1 OU? Four TD passes, including that sweet bomb to Matt Bumgardner before the half. Totally awesome!
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
Please excuse me since I did not read all of the posts because I was laughing too hard.

Buckley - the Hit?! Um, no.

Coryatt graduated in 90? Um, no.
I was there in '91 and Coryatt was still there and I was in Fort Worth to witness the hit first hand.

this made my night. Sorry Cu@Kyle, but you have really made your mark. I really appreciate the sentiment and the spirit, but man, do you homework first. YOu have been living a lie all these years.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
Poor guy, He will never come back now.
Objective Aggie
AG
I remember when Buckley stood up in Dallas when we played Centre COllege, ready to go in when called.

Of course, we did not use him. Years later, he started the 12th Man kickoff team, and the rest is history.

Thank you, Marcus Buckley.
Mameluke
AG
quote:
this made my night. Sorry Cu@Kyle, but you have really made your mark

mark brown?
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=250514&forum_id=6

[This message has been edited by onearmyag (edited 2/6/2004 10:43p).]
CC97
How about when Detron Smith threw the last second td pass to Edward Jasper to beat Colorado in 95 that vaulted A&M to #1 in the polls on the way to the MNC? That was some team!!!!!!!
Andrew99
AG
All kidding aside here...

I watched Slocum's first game as head coach, and it was against TCU in 1988 (mid-season after Jackie was dismissed). I have it on tape, but don't remember seeing it live. In that game, an Aggie LB nailed a TCU WR going over the middle and laid him out cold. To my surprise, it was not Coryatt, it was someone else (I'd have to go back to find out). It wasn't as bad as Coryatt's hit, but it was still pretty bad.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of Aggie LBs put some pretty good hits on a lot of TCU frogs. It is quite possible that Buckley did in fact drill a TCU player. But THE HIT is solely reserved for the Coryatt jawbreaker, where he actually let up before hitting the TCU WR.

It makes me wonder if the TCU players would look around at each other before playing A&M and wonder who would lose conciousness at some point during the game.
Kendall
My favorite aggie player was Dat Winn when he hit the UCLA QB so hard in the Cotton Bowl that their helmets flew off and they each put on the wrong helmet. They played three plays for the wrong team before they realized it.
Kendall
My favorite aggie player was Dat Winn when he hit the UCLA QB so hard in the Cotton Bowl that their helmets flew off and they each put on the wrong helmet. They played three plays for the wrong team before they realized it.
Kendall
SirGIGalot
AG
I yearn for the good ole' days when Antonio Armstrong and Antonio Shorter shared the backfield and both rushed for 1000 yards.
BQ93
AG
Sir Gig didn't they both wear # 93?

Big Al 1992
AG
I am in tears! This goes in the post-thread hall of fame along with Col. Jessup's "You want me on that sideline! You need me on that sideline!" classic.

I wonder if CU@Kyle will be "seen at Kyle" much this season.

It does remind me of the time Harvey Williams was already signed,sealed, and delivered to LSU but at the last minute changed his mind and committed to A&M and became one of the greatest RB's at A&M.

Man, THOSE were good times.
doc94
AG
"Remember when Dante Hall took the pass from Randy McCown and scored in OT against Kansas to win the big 12?? "He got a touchdown!" "He got a touchdown!"

I'll never forget Dave North's call that night "He got a touchdown. He got a touchdown. Oh professor!"
GoldenTriangleAg89
Laugh it up, young whipper snappers. Anybody old enough to remember Curtis Dickey and George Woodard knows the TRUE meaning of wreckin' crew defense, Aggie style. Those two struck fear in opposing receivers. Even Kenneth Sims was scared to run a slant pattern, and Mike Singletary spent more time flat on his back than he did throwing touchdown passes to Jerry Gray and Steve McMichael.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.