Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Marcus Buckley

106,187 Views | 326 Replies | Last: 19 yr ago by
CU@Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, I'm back you dillweeds. To much of your despair, my computer will not download the video clip that you claim shows Coryatt, so I'll just have to trust my memory on this one. Look, I remember ALOT of awesome plays from A&M games from about '84 to present & alot of those DID involve Coryatt, like the safety against Casey Weldon in the Cotton Bowl, his 20 tackle (14 unassisted) performance against Arkansas which was, I might add, the week after BUCKLEY made the hit on MacPherson in Fort Freakin' Worth!!!
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
This ought to be fun.
Mr Bean
CU@Kyle,

I guarantee you it was not Buckley. It Was Quinten.

Your memory fails, severely. Especially since it was one of the biggest hits in A&M history.

However, I still liked the RAy Childress run back more!! LOL
WC87
AG
CUlater
49erag
Oh Lord, the AssClown is at it again.
bigbear95
I'm thinking you are perpetuating a joke, but in case you are not:

Go to page 2 of this thread, scroll down and take a look at 44 "THE HIT"'s signature. There you will see Coryatt seperating young Mr. McPhereson from his cleats.

For the record, I think we should go ahead and retire the number 9.
49erag
Mr. Bean,

It was actually "Quentin," not "Quinten." I think CU@Kyle has infected us all.
OKG2000
AG
http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xlc=1083248

quote:

Ex-A&M linebacker bemoans fall of 'Wrecking Crew'

By Brent Zwerneman
San Antonio Express-News

Web Posted : 11/12/2003 12:00 AM

HOUSTON — The linebacker responsible for arguably Texas A&M's most famous defensive play — dubbed "The Hit" because it broke a receiver's jaw in three places — has leveled a crushing blow at the current Aggies' defense.
"They've lost a sense of pride of what Texas A&M football is all about," former A&M linebacker Quentin Coryatt said. "They've lost that mystique."

The Aggies endured their worst loss in history on Saturday when they were beaten 77-0 by top-ranked Oklahoma.

"Losing a game 77-0 is not only embarrassing, it just shows the quality of the defense right now," said Coryatt, a first-round draft pick in 1992 who retired from the NFL four years ago.

"If you start losing a game 20 or 30 to nothing, you've got to do whatever it takes to keep them from embarrassing you. If I have to kick you, scratch you or bite you, I'll do whatever it takes to win. I don't think this defense has that in them right now."

Coryatt, who starred on R.C. Slocum's first Southwest Conference championship team in 1991, said A&M's defense has taken a gradual slide over the past four years. Slocum was fired in December and replaced by Dennis Franchione.

Coryatt said he thinks Franchione needs to recruit more players with what he called a "thug" mentality — at least on the field.

"(College programs) don't go into the inner city as much anymore to recruit," Coryatt said. "They all want the 'good guy.' But a lot of times the good guy doesn't want to win as bad. You've got to go and grab yourself a thug every once in a while. I hate to say that, but that's how the game is.

"You need a player who's downright ruthless. A guy who plays physical and is physically intimidating. A guy who's a madman on the field and a gentleman off of it. I feel like that's what this team is missing."

A&M sophomore linebacker Archie McDaniel said he takes no offense at Coryatt's harsh assessment of the Aggies' defense.

"Quentin Coryatt was a great player at A&M and a great player in the NFL," McDaniel said. "He's not saying anything that's not true. We do need to be more physical, but I'm not going to say we're soft, or anything like that."

In 1991, Coryatt hit TCU receiver Kyle McPherson so hard that McPherson wound up with a broken jaw that had to be wired shut for two months. The play still makes ESPN highlight reels.

The 4-6 Aggies have no such highlights to show this season. New defensive coordinator Carl Torbush has even banned the use of the unit's "Wrecking Crew" nickname. A&M is ranked 112th nationally (out of 117 teams) in scoring defense in Division 1-A.

On Tuesday, Franchione said his confidence in Torbush "has not wavered, and will not."

ag1974
AG
Make fun of him all you want, but I'm starting to think you're all wrong and that CU@Kyle is right on this one....
AggieBattleAxe
No, CU is right.

It's all 22,000 of us, documented video proof and written history that is mistaken.

One HELL of a conspiracy, I tell you!!
TrueTechZen
AG
This is unreal.

CU@Kyle... I've got some under water beach property just 2 miles off shore I'd like to sell you. Just the surface rights, no mineral. Fantastic views. Water depth get down to 28 feet when the tide is out.
Mameluke
AG
unreal. he has to be screwing with us.
ZoneClubber
AG
CONFIRMED!!

Here is a picture of Buckley smashing that poor receiver that fateful night.

As you can see, however, the receiver was a sneaky little sap and he changed his uniform # and his name to Vogler. Thus, the confusion.

Hail the TexAgs assclown!

RogueAg
AG
I'm surprised CU@Kyle has survived as long as he has.... normally an assclown of that magnitude is removed from the herd quickly due to darwinism....

... perhaps CU@Kyle is a new form of assclown, a genetic anomaly if you will, not seen before on the plains of Texags.
Pooh-Ah 1996 Chuck
The funny part here is that everyone is practically begging CU to retract and admit that it was a joke believing that no one is that obtuse.

I think the clue might be in the name - "CU" an obvious reference to the thug buffalo rapists in Boulder, CO. I had thought it was a clever abreviation for "See You", but now I'm convinced that he must be a mole from Clown Universtiy (not to be confused with Ass-Clown University, which is in Abilene).
Mr Bean
I accept the correction to my spelling. However, it sounds the same. So for all intentional purposes....... we all know is was not Buckleee.
AG 73
AG
I am glad we have cleared up the misunderstanding that it was Vogler that took the hit instead of McPherson.
TexAgII
AG
And the fun never ends! ttt

"In the long run, we get no more than we have been willing to risk giving." Sheldon Kopp
AggieBattleAxe
Please come back!!!

ttt
ag9496
Haven't commented on this thread yet, but WHAT AN IDIOT!!! Please tell me that you are just messing with everyone CU@Kyle! You are a COMPLETE MORON if you still think that Buckley made that hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was AT THE GAME with the Aggie Band. I WAS QUENTIN CORYATT!!!! BTW...Buckley NEVER WORE #44.....PERIOD! I have MANY video views of "The Hit" to prove it to your dumbass! Here is a view from my website:

ag9496
nm

[This message has been edited by Fran da Man (edited 2/22/2004 5:01p).]
TAMU98AG
Still looking for the assmunchometer.

Would be clicking away on this thread.

Gig'EM!
friend of cheese
Reeling 'em in...

ag9496
ag9496
friend of cheese
Ultimate Aggie
ttt
rbtexan
S
...this thread is the gift that keeps on giving...
TAMU98AG
I think this guy has a bulls-eye on his arse...

C'mon CU, call 'uncle".

Gig'EM~~~~
TexasAggieJTL
AG
Has anyone thought that maybe CU is right.
It is very possible that Marcus was wearing
the 44 jersey that night.

Can anyone prove otherwise?
TAMU98AG
Who's buried in Grants tomb?
superaggie79
If you watch the video on stingray #44 turns around and it has coryatt's name on it and then buckley comes over and gives him a nice slap on th a$$.
Mac94
AG
Must go back to the top becasue there are just to many Planters posts running around.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." The words of Jesus; John 16:33
AggieBattleAxe
Classic.
KA_AG_01
I'm calling bull**** on CU@Kyle. He cannot be serious and I am calling his bluff. There is no way that any human being can be so stupid as to continue to say he is right and not even consider the facts against him. He is just pulling our chain at this point to keep the joke going.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.