Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen

57,013 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ebag02
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Skipping his last year of eligibility to hire an agent and enter the draft....I'm sorry, what?

Did he even play this year for Cougar High?
aggie_fan13
AG
wgas?
texancanuck11
That's ballsy
HoustonAg2106
AG
Makes sense if he's just going to ride the bench next year, can't transfer again so might as well try to get drafted I guess
Triple-T
AG
Wow. Wonder what would've happened if he stayed here?

Gig 'em.
amercer
AG
fighterbull said:

Gig 'em.

We would have won more games.

If he has good workouts he'll probably be a late round pick, which is where he would probably be anyway after another season of college ball.
sincereag
Another Tom Brady in the making? Has all world talent but gets beat out in college as starter. You never know...
Jbob04
AG
This is surprising. There isn't much good film of him. Hell he lost the starting job at Houston this season.
cevans_40
AG
sincereag said:

Another Tom Brady in the making? Has all world talent but gets beat out in college as starter. You ever know...

I hope my sarcasm meter is broken
Geriatric Punk
AG
I'm not always the rah-rah type, but once an Ag, always an Ag. He may be immature, selfish, and/or entitled. He may just have been sold a bill of goods and could not deal with the realities that followed (splitting time with Kyler, transferring to play for Herman only to see him bail for t.u.) and that made him ineffective this past year. Now, he wants to just focus on his career and put his college time behind him.

None of us really know what happened with this kid. Still, he chose us in the beginning and, prodigal or not, he is still a son in the Aggie family. I wish him the best and hope he gets a chance to play pro (even if it is against Johnny in Canada).

Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
1876er
AG
sincereag said:

Another Tom Brady in the making? Has all world talent but gets beat out in college as starter. You ever know...

Brady backed up another NFL player in Brian Griese during their national championship season and started his last two years and won 10 games each season. Not quite the same as a backup at a AAC school.

But I do hope he impressed the scouts and gets an undrafted FA spot.
rbcs_2
AG
He has a shot if he corrects his long wind up. He has the arm talent.
TCSD84
Hahaha. His entire college resume consists of what? 7-8 games as a starter. This ought to be awesome. Good thing his parents are rich.
Sbisa Chef
He should've gone to tceh.
Old School Brother
Pats draft him in the 7th.
Womackster
AG
amercer said:

fighterbull said:

Gig 'em.

If he has good workouts he'll probably be a late round pick, which is where he would probably be anyway after another season of college ball.

He won't get drafted. HTH. Best he could hope for is training camp.
PascalsWager
AG
He isn't and was never good. His two wins that Texags touts are wins over mediocre teams. STOP pretending like rankings at the time of the game means anything. That 6-7 Arizona State was not a ranked team and that 8-5 Auburn team wasn't #2. Those were meh wins by a bad QB.
HoustonAg2106
AG
I don't see why a team wouldn't give him a shot as a 7th round pick, there are a lot of NFL teams with bad options at qb on their rosters
S.A. Aggie
AG
Allen Going Pro
DM44
Womackster said:

amercer said:

fighterbull said:

Gig 'em.

He won't get drafted. HTH. Best he could hope for is training camp.
I think you and HoustonAg are correct. Allen realizes he will not start next season and does not want to remain at UH. His options are now limited.

He tries the NFL as a free agent and then he can get on with his life.

Frederick Palowaski
AG
My Dad Earl
AG
I always wonder what could have been with him had we had a better coaching staff. No doubt he had talent, but I think he was the victim of the incompetency of Spav and Sumlin, especially confidence-wise. I don't really blame him for leaving. His ultimate goal was to make it to the NFL and I think he saw Houston under Herman as a better place to develop. Too bad that didn't work out for him either.
ironmanag
AG
He couldn't cut it at UH. Not hating on the kid, but if he can't hack it in that conference he won't hack it anywhere.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Aftermath
AG
Maybe graduating and doesn't want to go to grad school
. . .
TexanJeff
AG
... And Let us NEVER speak of him again.
Leander - Ag
AG
hope he got a degree
Post removed:
by user
Schrute Farms
It's not a bad move at all. If he impresses at the combine, he can leverage that into a six figure salary or higher. A nice option at age 21.
crunchyo
"Declaring for the 2018 NFL..."

Definitely not smart enough to graduate from here. Must have been a graded issue afterall.
Craigy
Did he get his degree? I always remember his story as "How bad it had to be at Texas A&M to transfer to Cougar High to sit a year and knowing your coach won't be there while having PRO aspirations"
Cardswin5
Nick Starkel is 100x's the passer Allen was, why are we talking about him?

I predict Nick will leave aggieland as the all-time leading passer!
Schrute Farms
Leander - Ag said:

hope he got a degree
He completed his undergrad early and had the option to play next season as a graduate transfer.

Following the combine, he should be ranked between 15-20 for available QBs. He's staring at best a 6th Round YOLO or UFA and a minimum $7,200 a week if he makes the practice squad.
ironmanag
AG
Schrute Farms said:

It's not a bad move at all. If he impresses at the combine, he can leverage that into a six figure salary or higher. A nice option at age 21.
He won't be invited to the combine.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
aggiehawg
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Makes sense if he's just going to ride the bench next year, can't transfer again so might as well try to get drafted I guess
If he were a grad transfer, he could. Apparently he loaded up on hours and could graduate. With the Kendal Briles hiring, the handwriting was on the wall that Kyle wouldn't be the starter. But I would have expected him to put out feelers about being a grad transfer. Maybe there were no takers??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.