Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen

57,103 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ebag02
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Makes sense if he's just going to ride the bench next year, can't transfer again so might as well try to get drafted I guess
If he were a grad transfer, he could. Apparently he loaded up on hours and could graduate. With the Kendal Briles hiring, the handwriting was on the wall that Kyle wouldn't be the starter. But I would have expected him to put out feelers about being a grad transfer. Maybe there were no takers??

I'd be surprised if there were no schools that would take a former 5 star qb that could start immediately, maybe he's just tired of bouncing around and just wants to move on from college

Either way I don't think he makes it in the NFL but I'm sure he'll be at a training camp somewhere
monarch
S
Kyle had NFL QB written all over him back in HS. Here, he was a drop back, NFL style guy in a hurry up, run & shoot, spread offense. Then Kyler comes into play and he is the opposite type of QB than Kyle, more of a JFF type, but not a drop back, NFL guy. Sumlin didn't due either one of these guys good at all. Two different types of QB's in two different, opposite systems.

Bottom line, I wish the guy well. I think if KWS and his staff had designed the offense around Kyle's skill set, we might have had a stud monkey at QB for a number of years and a hell of a lot record to show for it also.
Schrute Farms
ironmanag said:

Schrute Farms said:

It's not a bad move at all. If he impresses at the combine, he can leverage that into a six figure salary or higher. A nice option at age 21.
He won't be invited to the combine.
The combine normally hosts 15 to 20 QBs.

This year's class is pretty rough following the top 10. If they choose to take 20, I believe Allen receives an invite.
valvemonkey91
AG
3 pick 6's... that's all I got.
CatmanBoo
sincereag said:

Another Tom Brady in the making? Has all world talent but gets beat out in college as starter. You never know...
Brady won a Rose Bowl, but sarcasm is noted.
Maroon from the womb.
shihitemuslim
AG
He probably talked to speedy noil on what to do.
shihitemuslim
AG
I bet he seems like the rookie that would be open to taking the veterans out to dinner and paying for their large tabs
Aggie Joe 93
AG
He needs to contact a California based QB guru for workouts and get the hype machine started.
1876er
AG
Schrute Farms said:

ironmanag said:

Schrute Farms said:

It's not a bad move at all. If he impresses at the combine, he can leverage that into a six figure salary or higher. A nice option at age 21.
He won't be invited to the combine.
The combine normally hosts 15 to 20 QBs.

This year's class is pretty rough following the top 10. If they choose to take 20, I believe Allen receives an invite.

Did Gilbert get a combine invite? I can't imagine he did. Gilbert first two years at Texas we're similar to Allen's at A&M, but Gilbert went on to start at SMU and put up some respectable numbers.
annie88
AG
I think he's getting some very poor advice, again, but I don't wish the kid ill. Good luck to him.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
1876er
AG
shihitemuslim said:

He probably talked to speedy noil on what to do.

He probably was talking to Arizona and then found out Sumlin might be their coach and said F it
Schrute Farms
1876er said:

Did Gilbert get a combine invite? I can't imagine he did. Gilbert first two years at Texas we're similar to Allen's at A&M, but Gilbert went on to start at SMU and put up some respectable numbers.
He did not. 2014's combine invited 18 Quarterbacks and Gilbert was not one of them. Gilbert became a sixth round pick following a solid Pro Day.

Supposedly the selection committee is not predictable. It all depends on scouting numbers and potential.
JustisWalkert
AG
Mr Pick 6 at A&M and third string QB at Houston skips his final year of college eligibility because he thinks he might get drafted? What am I not seeing here?
dcAg
He wont get drafted. He'll be a free agent.
Arthur Stilwell
annie88 said:

I think he's getting some very poor advice, again, but I don't wish the kid ill. Good luck to him.
It's probably the best decision for him since he probably won't be the starter next year at UH. And transferring to another school won't be a good look for him since it'll be the 2nd time that he will do that.

So might as well try his luck and see if he can get picked up by a team either as a late draft pick or as an UFA. I'm sure a team will bring him in to camp to see what he got.
HoustonAg2106
AG
JustisWalkert said:

Mr Pick 6 at A&M and third string QB at Houston skips his final year of college eligibility because he thinks he might get drafted? What am I not seeing here?

It's his only option
Amazing Moves
Deer in headlights when things go bad. That's his career. He should go into the workforce.
lespaul
AG
Am I the only one here that wishes he would've stayed at A&M?

eATMup-Reveille
valvemonkey91 said:

Hmmm...JFF threw 3 interceptions against LSU in 2012, and 2 in 2013, yet I seldom hear anything about that. Granted they weren't pick 6's, but from what I recall, some of those pick 6's against Alabama should not have resulted in TD's...but just like our defense, the offense wasn't too good at tackling either.
Amazing Moves
lespaul said:

Am I the only one here that wishes he would've stayed at A&M?

Kenny Hill should've stayed the starter.
HoustonAg2106
AG
eATMup-Reveille said:

valvemonkey91 said:

Hmmm...JFF threw 3 interceptions against LSU in 2012, and 2 in 2013, yet I seldom hear anything about that. Granted they weren't pick 6's, but from what I recall, some of those pick 6's against Alabama should not have resulted in TD's...but just like our defense, the offense wasn't too good at tackling either.
Terrible comparison
Harry Dunne
HoustonAg2106 said:

JustisWalkert said:

It's his only option
Kyle Allen's future at UH unsure with transfer possible

"Allen loaded up with 51 credit hours last year to be in position to graduate and still have one year eligibility left...By already graduating, Allen has flexibility in any decision; he could play immediately as a graduate transfer if he decides to leave."

Not his only option. Seems like a bad choice.
Olsen
AG
Another bad life changing decision by KA. He'll be really lucky if he got drafted around the 5th-7th rounds. Maybe he's the next Brady Quinn in the league and likely not Tom Brady.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Harry Dunne said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

JustisWalkert said:

It's his only option
Kyle Allen's future at UH unsure with transfer possible

"Allen loaded up with 51 credit hours last year to be in position to graduate and still have one year eligibility left...By already graduating, Allen has flexibility in any decision; he could play immediately as a graduate transfer if he decides to leave."

Not his only option. Seems like a bad choice.

Sorry, his only viable option...if he transfers to another school and gets benched again it's over so might as well see if an NFL team will give you a shot
Harry Dunne
I totally disagree.

If you go to another team, you have a much better shot of playing, proving yourself and improving your stock. As is, it's not like he's going to get drafted high and make a ton of money, so what is he passing up by transferring to Sam Houston...or why not Texas Tech? Maybe he could be the next Josh McCown, who couldn't even cut it for a terrible late 90s SMU program but resuscitated his chances at Sam Houston and has had a nice NFL career.

If he gets benched at another school, he's not much worse off than he is now.
FCBlitz
Wish you well! Will be rooting for you. Anything is better then another year at U of H.
EliteZags
AG
eATMup-Reveille said:

valvemonkey91 said:

Hmmm...JFF threw 3 interceptions against LSU in 2012, and 2 in 2013, yet I seldom hear anything about that.

Hmm interesting point.. did he do anything of significance outside of those games?
Threadbare
Geriatric Punk said:

I'm not always the rah-rah type, but once an Ag, always an Ag. He may be immature, selfish, and/or entitled. He may just have been sold a bill of goods and could not deal with the realities that followed (splitting time with Kyler, transferring to play for Herman only to see him bail for t.u.) and that made him ineffective this past year. Now, he wants to just focus on his career and put his college time behind him.

None of us really know what happened with this kid. Still, he chose us in the beginning and, prodigal or not, he is still a son in the Aggie family. I wish him the best and hope he gets a chance to play pro (even if it is against Johnny in Canada).

I have been assured repeatedly by multiple posters and staff that discussions of he-whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned-on-the-Aggie-football-board are in no way Aggie football related, and probably don't even belong on the OR board. Really, maybe it's not even a discussion for polite company...

So, I'm not sure how to square that with this...
Threadbare
https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/2913122/0
Artorias
AG
Best of luck to the kid.

No clue why some losers on here STILL jump at the chance to hate on him. Get over it.
rocky the dog
AG
C L E V E L A N D B R O W N S.
4L Aggie
AG
Good luck.
NFL is not a friendly league to fragile psyches.
CajunAg97
AG
He won't get drafted
TDub
AG
sincereag said:

Another Tom Brady in the making? Has all world talent but gets beat out in college as starter. You never know...

Lay off the drugs
HoustonAg2106
AG
etxag18 said:

sincereag said:

Lay off the drugs
Don't. Do. Crack.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.