Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Allen

56,883 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ebag02
Rascal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think I have ever specifically claimed he would be drafted but I have always defended him from the malicious childish attacks and the inaccurate and unfair "evaluations" or opinions about his college performance. That has always baffled me.

I do think he has NFL potential (and I thought that after his Soph year) and a chance at success there if he can channel his efforts and get in the right situation. I wish him well.

Threadbare
Sponge said:

For everyone hating KA for quitting on this team, how did you feel about tra carson, keith ford and didnt yall want stidham as well?
I don't really care that much one way or the other, but I guess I missed the part where all those guys walked out on the team before a bowl game to go sit the bench for a year (at least) for a program of lower prestige...
500,000ags
AG
In 10 SEC games, Allen had 15 TDs and 8 INTs.

Not bad for a FR and SO having to deal with Spav's ridiculous play calling, but its not exactly proof he'll be even a career backup in the NFL.
Rascal
AG
500,000ags said:

In 10 SEC games, Allen had 15 TDs and 8 INTs.

Not bad for a FR and SO having to deal with Spav's ridiculous play calling, but its not exactly proof he'll be even a career backup in the NFL.
Your last point is especially correct.

Honestly, the sample size on KA was very small in college (and skewed within a negative environment), but given that sample size, there is enough there to form an opinion that combined with his physical skills, a shot at the NFL is more than warranted.

and 10 SEC games split over two different seasons, both wrought with similar and different circumstances.

Gigem713
I'm real happy for AK-47. He kinda got a raw deal here with Spav calling the plays and Houston just was not set up for him. I think he makes the Panthers squad and sees some real playing time. Cam will be a great mentor for him.
AggieLitigator
Gigem713 said:

I'm real happy for AK-47. He kinda got a raw deal here with Spav calling the plays and Houston just was not set up for him. I think he makes the Panthers squad and sees some real playing time. Cam will be a great mentor for him.
zephyr88
AG
3rd string at Cougar High...
Threadbare
Gigem713 said:

I've never seen him demonstrate the will to fight for and hold a contested position on the depth chart.

If he somehow does what you predict, he will be showing us something we really haven't ever seen from him before.

If he can do that, hey, more power to him...
Schrute Farms
ag94ag said:

**** that kid. He and Kyler both ditched us at the same time to make a statement. Typical teenager BS that neither one thought through.

When you turn your back on us, good riddance!!! Hope he gets to work at nice menial job soon. He made his choice and he can live with the consequences.

His consequences seem to be finishing his degree and entering the marketplace with a potential $400k salary. Guess your anger really showed him.
ag94ag
AG
Schrute Farms said:

ag94ag said:

**** that kid. He and Kyler both ditched us at the same time to make a statement. Typical teenager BS that neither one thought through.

When you turn your back on us, good riddance!!! Hope he gets to work at nice menial job soon. He made his choice and he can live with the consequences.

His consequences seem to be finishing his degree and entering the marketplace with a potential $400k salary. Guess your anger really showed him.

You mistake a point of view for anger; however, there are some things that you need to consider with your post.

"If" is a mighty big word. Anyone drafter after round two or three is pretty much a gamble. An undrafted free agent is facing an uphill run from day one. If one does make the cut, the average NFL career is 3.5 years.

$400K for 3.5 years is far from a "homer" in the financial game. The point I was attempting to make; which obviously you confused with anger, was that his rash decision to leave us in a bad way only seemed to hurt him in the end.
illegitima non carborundum
Artorias
AG
Good luck KA.

The continued obsession some here have with hating the kid after all this time is pathetic.
Dennis Reynolds
ag94ag said:

You sound like a whiny *****.
Schrute Farms
Allen's Contract Amount is Listed:

3yrs / $1.7m

$480,000 this season.

I think most of us would've loved graduating college and walking into a $480k opportunity.
DallasAg 94
Schrute Farms said:

Allen's Contract Amount is Listed:

3yrs / $1.7m

$480,000 this season.

I think most of us would've loved graduating college and walking into a $480k opportunity.
Laughing his butt off at all TexAgs hate, all the way to the bank.

Good for him.
rugger74
AG
Not guaranteed, so not much cash unless he makes the 53 man roster. Practice squad money would still be nice.
Schrute Farms
rugger74 said:

Not guaranteed, so not much cash unless he makes the 53 man roster. Practice squad money would still be nice.

Correct. Trevor Knight had a similar contract and cleared $122,000 on the practice squad last year. Not a bad living.
Aston04
AG
rugger74 said:

Yes, he went into camp as the 4th qb on the roster. Probably not time yet to pound chest about clearing the 400+k he would get if he somehow makes the active roster (would need to be in the top 2 or 3- depending on how many they dress each week).
FishingAggie
ag94ag said:

You guys need to go read the jake hubenak story posted here a month or so ago.
You'll think differently about kyler amd Kyle.

Jake explains it all. Sumlin was a ****** to both those kids. Kyle was hurt. Read it. It'll change you point of view. I'm not good at the search on here or I'd bump it. Sorry about that.
Deputy Travis Junior
ag94ag said:

Allen was immature and had a diva complex here. In addition, his benching at Houston indicates that he hasn't moved beyond the "shows promise" stage; he's got some talent but still hasn't done anything with it.

That said, if your coach, in an effort to cover up his own disciplinary screw-ups, leaves you on the field to play through an injury that's bad enough that even your screen passes look like wounded ducks, and you DON'T transfer, you're a complete dolt.
BoxingAg84
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Jake explains it all. Sumlin was a ****** to both those kids. Kyle was hurt. Read it. It'll change you point of view. I'm not good at the search on here or I'd bump it. Sorry about that.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/05/07/former-texas-am-quarterback-cites-lack-communication-one-reasons-qb-fiasco-2015
TX scallywAG
AG
FishingAggie said:

ag94ag said:

Can someone link this? I missed this some how.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Loyalty
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/05/07/former-texas-am-quarterback-cites-lack-communication-one-reasons-qb-fiasco-2015
Agree. When you read it, the unfair judgements on this kid will stop.
yardwhisperer
AG
The only thing the article gets wrong is that the separated shoulder occured in the second half of the Miss St game.
TX scallywAG
AG
Ah... Hube's post was premium article
https://texags.com/s/28049/qb-chaos-an-inside-account-of-the-tumultuous-2015-texas-am-season
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
agz win
AG
Round Rock AG said:

ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Depends. Jake's opinions are a valid view point but just a part of the whole story. He wasn't privy to all that was going on - at the least from the coaches' level.
DallasAg 94
agz win said:

Round Rock AG said:

ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Depends. Jake's opinions are a valid view point but just a part of the whole story. He wasn't privy to all that was going on - at the least from the coaches' level.
Thank you Mrs Sumlin. Could you help fill us in on the coaching information?!
FishingAggie
Lol. Jake was there. He saw all this go down. I'll take his word for it.
ebag02
AG
Why are people still talking about the 2017 Houston 3rd string QB? He threw a pretty pick 6 I guess.
DallasAg 94
ebag02 said:

Why are people still talking about the 2017 Houston 3rd string QB? He threw a pretty pick 6 I guess.
And... there goes the belief that "once an Ag, always an Ag." I guess we are like everyone else.

Kid brought in more revenue to A&M than you've likely brought.

Alumni beware.
Dennis Reynolds
ebag02 said:

This probably sounded better in your head.
ebag02
AG
Cougar high fans are out in full force!!! Former students Beware!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.