Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*****FIRE SUMLIN Thread*****

61,941 Views | 484 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cdowl38
eric.cartman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree that coach salaries are paid by BMAs. But, if you don't think that empty seats would make an impact then you are an idiot. It is not going to happen though because majority of former students will still renew season tickets.
aggieaviator
AG
There is a difference between having big donors who influence coaching hires and having big donors who only hire within their good ol' boy network. It's not who is paying the bills that is up for debate, it's the process. The process is flawed and other top programs hire the best candidates for the job; A&M hires the best candidate who fits their agenda.
strbrst777
Sorry, max but you've got it all wrong. Read the terms of use agreement that you signed on to and tell me about "rights." Sure, you have the right to post things that violate the agreement but staff has the right to suspend or ban those who violate. Wrong again: I do have the best interests of all things A&M!
Rectitude
ChickenAndWafflesAg
AG
Fire
BanderaAg956
strbrst777 said:

Sorry, max but you've got it all wrong. Read the terms of use agreement that you signed on to and tell me about "rights." Sure, you have the right to post things that violate the agreement but staff has the right to suspend or ban those who violate. Wrong again: I do have the best interests of all things A&M!

If you are pro Sumlin, I don't agree you have the team or universities best interest in mind!
Class of 65
AG
FIRE
lee19
AG
PabloSerna said:

Will reserve judgement until Mazzone gets another year to input his system with young QB Martel or/ QB Mond.
Martell isn't coming buddy
brotheraggie
There is a double standard everywhere this day in time.
strbrst777
956, I said nothing about being pro-Sumlin. When I wrote that this thread is not productive and that the terms of use agreement are violated I was saying just that. I agreed to terms of use. Put another way, I will not knowingly violate the agreement. About this time last year, the Football Forum was a cesspool. Honoring an agreement is basic! I've read it and I understand it.
brotheraggie
maxnow21 said:

strbrst777 said:

I read a post that said staff should delete this thread. Agree 100%. It's not productive; and such threads as this may be counterproductive. But staff won't delete this thread...and staff won't bother to enforce terms of use agreements. Too bad that those who pay good money to sponsor (including A&M Foundation, 12M and Association of Former Students) won't confront the owners of TexAgs with one simple request Enforce the terms of use agreement...or else. Implicit with sponsorship is acceptance if not approval. How can that be?

1. SUMLIN indeed is a garbage coach who deserves to be fired based on his performance. It's at the point where if you disagree with this, you either have pathetically low standards for this team or you have your head in the sand.

2. We have a right to voice our opinions and express our frustration with this football staff's, & team's incompetence

3. No one gives a **** about how much money you donate, especially if you don't have the program's best interests at heart. Which you don't.

4. You sound like a whiny little *****. Go to your safe space. (Not here) and shut the **** up

5. Go **** yourself
Amen Brother!!
Brutal Puffin
Next Year is the Year
AG
Fire
ABATTBQ11
AG
maxnow21 said:

strbrst777 said:

I read a post that said staff should delete this thread. Agree 100%. It's not productive; and such threads as this may be counterproductive. But staff won't delete this thread...and staff won't bother to enforce terms of use agreements. Too bad that those who pay good money to sponsor (including A&M Foundation, 12M and Association of Former Students) won't confront the owners of TexAgs with one simple request Enforce the terms of use agreement...or else. Implicit with sponsorship is acceptance if not approval. How can that be?

1. SUMLIN indeed is a garbage coach who deserves to be fired based on his performance. It's at the point where if you disagree with this, you either have pathetically low standards for this team or you have your head in the sand.

2. We have a right to voice our opinions and express our frustration with this football staff's, & team's incompetence

3. No one gives a **** about how much money you donate, especially if you don't have the program's best interests at heart. Which you don't.

4. You sound like a whiny little *****. Go to your safe space. (Not here) and shut the **** up

5. Go **** yourself

Not enough stars in the sky...
jml2621
The Swamp.

Drain it.

Jarrin' Jay
AG
How do I post 15 million thumbs up emojis?!?!
Tamu2000
Lateralus Ag
AG
strbrst777 said:

Let me help you out.

Most threads on this board are counterproductive in some way. It is called the Zoo for a reason.

They enforce the terms of use agreement as they see fit. Which is their right because they own the site. If you want to strictly enforce the rules of a website's use agreement, start your own site and have a damn fine day.

The sponsors of this site are sponsors for one reason: they want some of the discretionary (and sometimes non-discretionary) income of lots and lots of people. This site has lots and lots of unique visitors everyday. Ergo, they pay this site to out their name on it and offer their services to the lots and lots of people that visit this site every day.

Further, one of the most viewed pages on this site by unique visitors every day is this forum. There are a lot of reasons that there are a lot of unique viewers of this site every day. One of those reasons is because of the way this forum is moderated. This leads to more viewers which leads to more sponsors which leads to more revenue for the site. It is called a business and it's singular purpose is to generate revenue for its owners.

The sponsors won't confront the site owners to "enforce the use agreement" for two reasons. One, the site doesn't belong to the sponsors, it belongs to the owners. They realize that they wouldn't want Texags telling them how to run their business. So, they don't tell Texags how to run theirs. Which leads me to tge second reason. The sponsors are on this page in part as a result of how this forum is moderated. As we have already seen, sponsors want lots and lots of views of their ads. This forum has those viewers for the reasons we have already covered. By telling the site to limit the number of visitors by changing the way the forum is moderated the sponsor would be hurting their own purpose for being on this site in the first place.

Finally, advertising is not an automatic endorsement or approval of the content of the advertising platform. Cable channels advertise constantly on their competitors channels. The American Cancer Society advertises in media that also advertises cigarettes. The list goes on. Advertisers use media that hits their target market most effectively. Oftentimes the values and opinions of the advertiser and the media outlet align. Oftentimes they are at odds completely. Sometimes advertisers will boycott a media outlet to send a message. Sometimes they will do the opposite.

The real question is how do you not know these things already? And why do you not understand that the requests of a NON-PAYING member of this site have the LEAST effect on the way this forum is moderated?

How can that be?
Captain Caveman
Frederick Palowaski
AG
maxnow21 said:

strbrst777 said:

5. Go **** yourself

Says the midget crying on the Internet.
Boiling Denim
strbrst777 said:

956, I said nothing about being pro-Sumlin. When I wrote that this thread is not productive and that the terms of use agreement are violated I was saying just that. I agreed to terms of use. Put another way, I will not knowingly violate the agreement. About this time last year, the Football Forum was a cesspool. Honoring an agreement is basic! I've read it and I understand it.

Sure thing Dwight

EastTexasDeerHunter
keep him until after signing day
AgFormerlyInIrving
BigRed12
AG
aggieaviator said:

schmellba99 said:

The good old boy network is not unique to A&M. It is literally the system used in every football program in the country. Always has been, always will be.

The idea that A&M is somehow the only school that has this type of hiring process is just fuggin stupid.
What is fuggin stupid is the assertion that I ever said A&M was the only school to have this problem.
What is also fuggin stupid is the idea that every school has this issue. I can assure you they do not. There are plenty of top programs with AD's who actually make the coaching hires.

Name one.
Spinnerag
AG
And...he is still the coach as of this morning. Guy should have been sent home last year and we are keeping him for another?
BigRed12
AG
Sumlin has had one losing season in his career at 5-7 at U of H. Every other season has been 8+ wins over a 9 year career.

Some of you are delusional to the max.

None of you have ever even seen A&M win a national title. Hell, the players who are coming in have never seen A&M win a conference title, yet Sumlin keeps us in the top 10 in recruiting. There is not a coach this year that is available worth firing Sumlin over, this includes Herman before sips hired him.
aggieaviator
AG
BigRed12 said:

aggieaviator said:

schmellba99 said:

The good old boy network is not unique to A&M. It is literally the system used in every football program in the country. Always has been, always will be.

The idea that A&M is somehow the only school that has this type of hiring process is just fuggin stupid.
What is fuggin stupid is the assertion that I ever said A&M was the only school to have this problem.
What is also fuggin stupid is the idea that every school has this issue. I can assure you they do not. There are plenty of top programs with AD's who actually make the coaching hires.

Name one.
Barry Alvarez

Now your turn. Are you suggesting that other top programs consistently hire coaches within their little circle of friends?

Name one.
Spinnerag
AG
BigRed12 said:

Sumlin has had one losing season in his career at 5-7 at U of H. Every other season has been 8+ wins over a 9 year career.

None of you have ever even seen A&M win a national title. Hell, the players who are coming in have never seen A&M win a conference title, yet Sumlin keeps us in the top 10 in recruiting. There is not a coach this year that is available worth firing Sumlin over, this includes Herman before sips hired him.

The very mentality that prevents us from winning anything meaningful with the resources we have and spend
BanderaAg956
BigRed12 said:

LMAO - no wonder our players don't need to execute or play up to a high potential - it's all about recruiting and NOT WINNING!

Let's save a lot of time and money by starting and ending the season on recruiting day. We can cancel the debt on the stadium and tickets because we don't need them!

Just recruit and done!

You are the most out of touch fan/poster on the planet!
Flavius Agximus
AG
Pink slip.
ABATTBQ11
AG
BigRed12 said:

He's not going to deliver a losing season (actually, he might), but he sure as hell won't deliver a great one either. I'd rather take a chance on a coach being a stone cold loser than stick with this lukewarm bull****.
ccf57arl
Marcus Spears analysis on the Paul Finebaum show today as to the reason for TAMU four late season losses to Alabama, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and LSwho:

1. Our extremely talented FOOTBALL PLAYERS who play THE GAME ON THE FIELD.
2. HEAD COACH KEVIN SUMLIN whose vital and critical duty is to MOTIVATE THESE PLAYERS. Sumlin must have his football players ready to give maximum effort (mental, emotionally, physically, determination, blood and guts just like Nick Saban does) to play these four elite teams.
3. Sumlin failed miserably in his duty and our current generation "entitled" eighteen to 22 year old football players followed suit WITH NO DEMANDS FROM SUMLIN FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE. With these decisions, a loss became a reality.
4. Therefore, TAMU should fire HEAD COACH AND HIS ENTIRE HIGH PRICED STAFF, hire a coach on the order of LARRY FEDORA who can resurrect our football program to an elite program which will at least be in the top 15 every year henceforth.

Charles Curtis Felkner
Class of 1957
Arlington, TX 76010-4754
Reinhold72
AG
Lost me with the 'one trick pony' arrogance'
LaTex
Time to go.
Agsrback12
Needed to be gone the Sunday after 59-0

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.