Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*****FIRE SUMLIN Thread*****

61,947 Views | 484 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cdowl38
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kyz.aggies
AG
Good news!!! Just looked at next year's schedule and you will see there is about a 12% chance Ags can have a winning record with Sumlin's coaching ability. There is no way the BMAs will keep him after a losing record, so just one more year of Sucklin!
4ZORRO
AG
valvemonkey91 said:

He shouldn't even be allowed on the bus back to CS. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE
I think only the student Athletics should be allowed too ride the bus. Everyone left, cash your last paycheck. And walk.
Blanco Ag
OldArmy91
AG
Cancelled my season tickets at the end of '14 and the last 2 years were expected. We've got the most overhyped overpaid staff in college ball and it showed yet again. You guys are just late to the party.
Scotty Appleton
It is all trending downward.

Up until Miss St this year, Sumlin at least beat teams when he had a talent advantage. Now he closes with a 2nd loss to a lesser team on paper.

After he loses game 1 next year, he will have no feathers left in the cap.
Claud
Bumping thread because this is all we should be talking about.
BRAVEAG
jml2621
Drain the swamp.
Joeboo01
Fook him.
dixichkn
AG
I gave this guy every chance in the world. I like him. I think he's a pretty good dude.

But he's got to go. It's obvious at this point that he has no answers. None. The whole barbershop/DJ mentality of this team, while good for bringing in the talent, contributes nothing toward developing it. I'm at the point I'd almost rather have 400 year old Grandpa Snyder and his motley collection of juco's and 2 stars who at least look like they've been coached up a little bit. Up to f'ing here with Booger McFarland and his ilk constantly bagging my team for being a bunch of soft ass pansies. And being right.
Sea Gull
AG
Lol Staff. Is this thread not deleted?
Triple-T
AG
FIRE
HemiAg03
HemiAg03
TMF
AG
Sumlin doesn't care. He got his money and will bolt town when he gets all of it. He is a born loser who played us very well. We are suckers for losers and can't recognize any resemblance of a winner. 100% loser.
Post removed:
by user
caseyab
So done with him.
PJ Fleck>Summy
Frederick Palowaski
AG
OldArmy91 said:

Cancelled my season tickets at the end of '14 and the last 2 years were expected. We've got the most overhyped overpaid staff in college ball and it showed yet again. You guys are just late to the party.

Are you going to predict 5-7 every year until it actually happens?
crunchyo
PabloSerna
AG
Will reserve judgement until Mazzone gets another year to input his system with young QB Martel or/ QB Mond. Also want to see Chavis have some talent at LB.

Don't agree with the masses that change is good just for the sake of change. We need stability at HC. Rome wasn't built in a year. But he doesn't have much time.
zephyr88
AG
Claud said:

Bumping thread because this is all we should be talking about.
bumping this thread after it sat idle for 4 minutes... damn right!!!
zephyr88
AG
PabloSerna said:

Will reserve judgement until Mazzone gets another year to input his system with young QB Martel or/ QB Mond. Also want to see Chavis have some talent at LB.

Don't agree with the masses that change is good just for the sake of change. We need stability at HC. Rome wasn't built in a year. But he doesn't have much time.
Do you even foosball... Martel???

GTFO
RAB83
zephyr88
AG
The difference I saw last night...

When a power coach like Saban gets mad, he does it with a purpose and he pulls together his team with focused anger. Last night, Sumlin looks like a whiny little ***** who was angry out of desperation.
Ag4coal
PabloSerna said:

What have you been watching? Sumlin is building anything. If this was the construction crew in charge of building Rome, Sumlin is the project manager that shows up, tells everyone their doing a great job, gives them terrible direction, and then tells them to go home half way through the project and we'll pick it up next year.
zephyr88
AG
*****.. forgot this backwards thumbs up/down bull*****..

FIRE HIM
Ridge14
PabloSerna said:

Lmao

Clueless, just like Sumlin.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Fire his ***
ftworthag02
AG
Done

I will be the first to say that I'm no expert and I did not play high school football. I do watch a ton of college football on Thursdays & Saturdays . Sumlin definitely knows how to recruit the 4 & 5 star talent in the state but he & his coaches do not know how to coach these kids and get them to give max effort (do whatever it takes to make a tackle or get that extra yard= sacrifice yourself). We all watch teams all over the country that recruit guys w/ fewer stars and then coach them up into amazing players that give 110%. Look at Bill Snyders teams over the past 20yrs. Look at Gary Patterson over the past 20yrs.

Also worried that we've created another country club atmosphere just like those people to the west of us.
DPTaggie
It's past time ....
BanderaAg956
PabloSerna said:

LMAO - way out of touch - is that you Jim Wilson? Martel was gone once Spav was gone!

I'm sure a lot of Rome was built in 5 years!
DM44
Coaching up players is the fundamental weakness in Sumlin's program. Another weakness for Sumlin is management of an SEC program. Sumlin came to A&M and to the SEC unprepared. Sumlin was extremely lucky in 2012 that: (1) he had Sherman's recruits - including Manziel and (2) he had Kingsbury.

Last night was a great example. Snyder/KSU will never recruit top 10 classes, but Snyder and his staff can put a team on the field that wants to win.

Consider the talent available for each team. A&M should have dominated. A&M should have been in a higher ranking bowl.

Here are the team's rankings for the last 5 years from #s.

A&M / 16
KSU / 75

A&M / 9
KSU / 61

A&M / 5
KSU / 49

A&M / 11
KSU / 55

A&M / 18
KSU / 75

No Spin Ag
No Spin Ag said:

Have nothing left to hold out hope for.

Fire

And I was right after a loss to an also ran big 12 team.

Fire, just get it over and done with already.
Joe Exotic
AG
If you lack authority to make change you're just whining.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.