Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Halftime as OD and cutting the Rice Victory Tree

45,667 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aeon-ag
BQ2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I actually don't think this story is good bull at all. How would you feel if some ******* cut down the century tree?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
v1rotate92
AG
Great story. If you don't like it you suck
unmade bed
I'm not really digging that story. Maybe it was a different time, but trespassing and stealing and destroying/desecrating other's traditions isn't really what I think of when I think about what Texas A&M is all about.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool story and when I was 20 I probably would have thought it was awesome, but I'm not so proud that behavior now. Feel free to mock me and tell me I don't understand the time period or how terrible it was that the Rice band acted like Germans, celebrated the guy that shutdown our ***** house, and made a fire hydrant joke about Rev. I know they had it coming and all, but something tells me if we had ended up winning that football game, that would have been the end of it.
TERRY L
I remember the story of stealing both Baylor bear cubs. They got to fighting in the backseat of the car so the guys put one out on the street in downtown Waco and took the other one back to college station. Brought it out during the game.

Dad did day that A&M was once known as Gib Gilchrist school for delinquent boys.

To many young snowflakes on here to enjoy these adventures.
ColoradoMooseHerd
So if someone chopped down the Century Tree and made picnic tables from the wood, Would that be a great story too?
TERRY L
Nope
Back then it would have been war
Do you not know about the seige of Baylor?
papagoose
AG
Nice post. Though the tongue weighs very little, few are able to hold it.

It's a shame these young buck whipper snappers don't understand and appreciate real history. I find it funny to hear some posters comment as that behavior doesn't belong now. Albeit, true, I beg to see how your current behavior would fair back then...."why I outta"!
phatbeast
AG
quote:
quote:
the Ags also kidnapped the Rice Owl and every other SWC mascot at least once back in the day. That's how we rolled.

Isn't kidnapping essentially stealing?

"An Aggie does not Lie, Cheat, or STEAL, nor tolerate those who do"

I'm not tolerating you right now...
It's BORROWING!!!
Big_Russ
Post removed:
by user
Meximan
TAMU: Terror of Mascots
skins74
AG
For all of you trying to compare that tree to the Century Oak, I should have made it clear that the tree was where the Rice football team would gather before the games to get pumped up and motivated. It was not on campus and it was not special to anyone other than Coach Conover and his team. The camp is not there any longer and an HEB grocery store now sits where the tree was at one time. I doubt any Rice student that was not on the team ever saw or knew where the tree was.
oil_fielder
AG
Good Bull. I was at the game and saw it all. Times and people have really changed. Bottled water, cell phones, calculators, seatbelts, remotes, cable, hand cleaner, steral life.
Bird Poo
AG
quote:
Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about y'all cutting down their tree. Definitely a version of the story never told.

I bet you're one of those BQs that kisses everyone's ass and your buddies do not enjoy your company. Please find a redass bone in your body.
Bird Poo
AG
quote:
So if someone chopped down the Century Tree and made picnic tables from the wood, Would that be a great story too?

Go back to playing minecraft.
BQ2014
quote:
quote:
Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about y'all cutting down their tree. Definitely a version of the story never told.

I bet you're one of those BQs that kisses everyone's ass and your buddies do not enjoy your company. Please find a redass bone in your body.

I bet you're one of those Ags with a tiny pecker
chipotle
lol dead auburn trees
VA_Ag94
AG
I wonder if OP would have considered it good bull if he had poisoned the trees at Auburn the night after they beat us? I mean they had it coming cuz of the horse collar right? I guess it's too bad someone beat him to it. Would made for a great story I'm sure.
PastrySquirrel
bunch of titty baby aydyns up in here
Post removed:
by user
lb3
AG
BT1395
AG
This is hysterical to watch all the Millennials talk about how they "feel" about this. Here's a clue...we don't give two craps how you feel about it. Grow some testicles and realize that this was good bull - period. It's just that simple.
musket
AG
This story is ground truth. I know the trainer in question (Hey Rick!) and they pulled off a great coup.......
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:
This is hysterical to watch all the Millennials talk about how they "feel" about this. Here's a clue...we don't give two craps how you feel about it. Grow some testicles and realize that this was good bull - period. It's just that simple.

What's hysterical is a bunch of nerds thinking cutting down a tree is epic.
Dark_Knight
AG
You little New Army pukes need to change your diapers.
WhiskeyBusiness
biobioprof
quote:
Little too Harvey Updyke for my liking.

+1
RAMF 95
AG
quote:
Exactly.
unmade bed
quote:

Almost as hysterical as reading a bunch of olds talking about how rice band nerds made them "feel" when they made fun of our band and ***** house?
agnerd
AG
For new army, this would be like the Rice band marching into Kyle on Saturday dressed as Muslim terrorists, forming the shape of the world trade towers on the field with their announcer stating "The MOB will now honor the Aggie Band, group of muslim terrorists that they are, by blowing up the world trade center."

They form an airplane, it flies into the building and the building falls. Announcer: "Thanks for nothing Aggies" as their band leaves the field.

Would that be acceptable? It wasn't 40 years ago and it's still unaccpetable today. I would hope a bunch of their trees would be cut down if they pulled a stunt like that...
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:

Almost as hysterical as reading a bunch of olds talking about how rice band nerds made them "feel" when they made fun of our band and ***** house?
He got you there, old fart. I think we're all "feeling" something about this story. It happened, good for you, move on, it wouldn't happen today. You even said it yourself in the OP post.
Lungblood
quote:
jeffk
AG
Cognitive dissonance
Capt. America
AG
quote:
For new army, this would be like the Rice band marching into Kyle on Saturday dressed as Muslim terrorists, forming the shape of the world trade towers on the field with their announcer stating "The MOB will now honor the Aggie Band, group of muslim terrorists that they are, by blowing up the world trade center."

They form an airplane, it flies into the building and the building falls. Announcer: "Thanks for nothing Aggies" as their band leaves the field.

Would that be acceptable? It wasn't 40 years ago and it's still unaccpetable today. I would hope a bunch of their trees would be cut down if they pulled a stunt like that...

Except they wouldn't do that today. They have already proven improvement in their show content through the 1980's from what I've seen on this thread, so I see no problem with them performing. I may be just a "dumb millennial new army punk" and that "you just don't understand", but I don't necessarily agree that degrading someone's tree is an acceptable avenue. Does that really make you any better for responding in that fashion? I was always taught to take the high road about things. Go ahead and flame on me if you want, but the last time I checked, Retaliation was not a core value at Texas A&M.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SGWAsbY.png[/img]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.