Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Halftime as OD and cutting the Rice Victory Tree

45,509 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aeon-ag
Btron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now it's tree killer
oldord
AG
I am going to spray 500 acres of trees with Triclpyr tonight just to piss all the metro sexuals off.

I will then find a person under 16 and give them a smoke.

The outrage from the non-males with testes will be glorious.
PDLPc/o2005
AG
Lot of limp wristedness in this thread.
agnatgas
AG
Skins, that was one helluva great story. Best thing I've seen on the boards in awhile. '80
puryearag85
AG
Excellent Bull! Way too many gutless wonders in this thread
Rick Burns
AG
Great story.
Chickenhawk
For above poster... T&P.
HBCanine08
AG
I'm class of '08 and a so called millenial. I loved that story. Different times. wish I had been a CT back then. Although I will say that stuff like that wouldn't fly today and piss A LOT of people off. But different times.

Good bull
daryl gersch
AG
BQ14. You are an embarresment all the old Army BQs prior to your exsistance. I am a BQ. Class of '74. A Bad Ass Bass Player. Apparently, you son, are not a bass player. And apparently don't mind when someone forts off the TEXAS AGGIE BAND. It is named THE FIGHTING TEXAS AGGIE BAND for a reason. Old Col. Adams would have set you straight or ran you ass out. Or in my day you would get a visit around midnight. Unbelieveable. And I am not sorry for the poor spelling, I was only good at kicking someone's ass.
Capt. America
AG
quote:
BQ14. You are an embarresment all the old Army BQs prior to your exsistance. I am a BQ. Class of '74. A Bad Ass Bass Player. Apparently, you son, are not a bass player. And apparently don't mind when someone forts off the TEXAS AGGIE BAND. It is named THE FIGHTING TEXAS AGGIE BAND for a reason. Old Col. Adams would have set you straight or ran you ass out. Or in my day you would get a visit around midnight. Unbelieveable. And I am not sorry for the poor spelling, I was only good at kicking someone's ass.

Personal Best
AG
^ wow that's a post from a 62 year old man. You band queers ever consider the possibility that you take your time blowing that horn and walking in lines a little too seriously?
NorCal
quote:
For all of you trying to compare that tree to the Century Oak, I should have made it clear that the tree was where the Rice football team would gather before the games to get pumped up and motivated. It was not on campus and it was not special to anyone other than Coach Conover and his team. The camp is not there any longer and an HEB grocery store now sits where the tree was at one time. I doubt any Rice student that was not on the team ever saw or knew where the tree was.
NorCal
quote:
The Rice tree was good bull and appropriate for the times. Way earlier, the t.u. Longhorn was stolen barbecued and served to a t.u. Group with an informative mid-meal announcement. I was in school the year of the mascots roundup. By the time we got close to Turkey day, the anticipation was palpable on whether Bevo could be "borrowed". Then one night in the early morning, the Corps Quad came alive as a pickup truck with a livestock trailer containing Bevo made several circles inside the Quad before heading off to a secure location. The next morning the papers said the Texas Rangers had been called out about this case of rustling. To show how progressive the Ags had become, Bevo was not barbecued and was eventually returned unharmed.

Now all you new age sensitive Ag wussies can moan some more.
aeon-ag

skins74

If you'll think back, Mr. Jerry Mainord who was was in charge of all Corps Dorms and Yell Leader and OD advisor, told you and all other OD's for the game "Do Not Draw Your Saber under any circumstances". Correct?
The year the idiot drew his saber on the SMU cheerleaders was the year Mainord had moved on.
robdobyns
AG
Good bull and totally redass. The mob was indeed a bunch of Berkely posers. Their humor got old. The only thing better than cutting down their damn tree would have been kicking their ass.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
For all of you trying to compare that tree to the Century Oak, I should have made it clear that the tree was where the Rice football team would gather before the games to get pumped up and motivated. It was not on campus and it was not special to anyone other than Coach Conover and his team. The camp is not there any longer and an HEB grocery store now sits where the tree was at one time. I doubt any Rice student that was not on the team ever saw or knew where the tree was.

It's funny to me that the tree's special meaning was the impetus for your trek in the middle of the night to cut it down, but is then downplayed to fade criticism. Which is it?
ag-bq-seventy
AG
quote:
Wouldn't the century tree need to be located at some random park in Bryan for this to be a valid comparison?
Actually, since Friendswood is 25 or 30 miles from Rice, the Century Tree would have to be in Navasota, 5 miles from the highway, and never seen by the students.
spanky
AG
Both
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:
Good bull and totally redass. The mob was indeed a bunch of Berkely posers. Their humor got old. The only thing better than cutting down their damn tree would have been kicking their ass.

So the MOB does something to piss Old Army off right in front of them and they do nothing about it. Instead, in an act of passive aggressiveness, they cut down a tree.

Yeah, totally badass.
spanky
AG
Yeah, there were fights. Read the article dumbass
8T2
quote:
This was less than 30 years after the end of WWII. I remember my daddy telling me that the worst insult you could throw at someone when he was a kid was to call them a Nazi or a Jap.
I grew up during this time and have never ever heard this story. Your dad made up that story.

Sorry to be the one to have to tell you.
fishinaggiegirl
AG

techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
This was less than 30 years after the end of WWII. I remember my daddy telling me that the worst insult you could throw at someone when he was a kid was to call them a Nazi or a Jap.
I grew up during this time and have never ever heard this story. Your dad made up that story.

Sorry to be the one to have to tell you.

It was insulting. Especially to Americans of Germanic heritage.
Personal Best
AG
But definitely only if you have incredibly thin skin.
spanky
AG
I dunno, plenty of outrage when somebody is called Hitler or uses the swastika still this day. Maybe the Nazi term has been watered down because of internet usage (thread-Nazi, etc.), but this was pre interwebs days
Personal Best
AG
That was nearly 3 decades after WWII.. It would take thin skin to be offended.

We have been involved in wars since 2001 and I have a difficult time drawing a parallel for something similar that someone would be that offended by today.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
PB, the wars we were involved in did not involve anyone who was trying to (and very nearly did) take over the world, while systematically eliminating millions of people that didn't meet his standards of perfection. It was a different situation man just let it go.
spanky
AG
quote:
We have been involved in wars since 2001 and I have a difficult time drawing a parallel for something similar that someone would be that offended by today.

Donald Sterling says hi
VanZandt92
Good bull!
Personal Best
AG
Guess I'm just starting to see where the PC culture that everyone complains about is coming from..

Regardless. I think the OP is a really funny and good story. Just think all the double standards are interesting.
VanZandt92
quote:
Excellent Bull! Way too many gutless wonders in this thread

Truth
fav13andac1)c
AG
This thread is awesome
RTB Ag
AG
A lot of people in my generation don't understand how mean and awesome the SWC was. Cutting the tree down was good damn bull.
VanZandt92
I loved the SWC!!
Bajan
AG
this thread IS TexAgs

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.