Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Baylor graduate judge brags about issuing JFF speeding ticket

47,424 Views | 270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Red Skye
Fiddlesticks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Then you should let him know what a dewsch he is!
NOBEVO
AG
Damn.Read what the judge says on Page 1 of this thread:"While he was speeding on the 287 bypass".

If Manziel sets this ticket for court, this is the judge who will consider guilt or innocense. He is to be a neutral entity; a "judge".

This judge has declared the party cited guilty before trial. He has already put thought into his lecture statement from the bench to the accused upon rendering verdict. All this is in writing and made public.

That is a clear violation of his public oath and assigned duties. It's a serious violation. It goes way beyond dismissal of the citation. Manziel holds the guys gonads in his over-sized hands.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(10) A judge shall abstain from public comment about a pending or impending proceeding which may come before the judge's court in a manner which suggests to a reasonable person the judge's probable decision on any particular case. The judge shall require similar abstention on the part of court personnel subject to the judge's direction and control. This section does not prohibit judges from making public statements in the course of their official duties or from explaining for public information the procedures of the court.

[This message has been edited by NOBEVO (edited 1/17/2013 2:58p).]
eAGer
AG
Folks, he didn't say he got a ticket either. Maybe the "gift" was just a warning. Maybe it was a pat on the back for winning the Heisman. I'm pretty sure if you wanted to, you could find the info about the stop on public domain. This is nothing more than good-natured ribbing and you are making us look like fools. You can't even find a link to his facebook page, so he clearly didn't air this for the world to see. The police chief happens to love the Ags and took some heat for it at Lion's Club yesterday. You're trying way too hard to be insulted.
Happy Kuykendahl
Whether or not he got a ticket is inconsequential. This judge acted inappropriately. And if it's all just good natured fun in your mind, than surely you have no problem with the judge taking flak.
eAGer
AG
Taking flak is one thing. And he'll catch plenty of that from his thicker-skinned Aggie friends in town. Hell, if I ever have to appear in front of him again, I might mention his "bias" as a joke. But some of you are personally attacking him and want him to lose his job. Not the same.
Gone
Very unprofessional. Does he brag about every ticket he issues? Or is it just JFF? Definitely poor professional judgement on this "judge."
AgLaw06
quote:
Taking flak is one thing. And he'll catch plenty of that from his thicker-skinned Aggie friends in town. Hell, if I ever have to appear in front of him again, I might mention his "bias" as a joke. But some of you are personally attacking him and want him to lose his job. Not the same.

He isn't at the bar with his buddies, he is posting on the Internet. Unless the judge is a 12 year old girl he should know the difference.
skipper_ag06
hope he loses his job over this. shouldn't be a judge. i don't give an f' if he takes old ladies to church. Ennis is p.o.s. speed trap town. I've never been pulled over but see the ****** bag cop hiding out on 45 all the time.
Post removed:
by user
Ag 11
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
quote:

He isn't at the bar with his buddies, he is posting on the Internet. Unless the judge is a 12 year old girl he should know the difference.
Dobre casy
AG
quote:
But some of you are personally attacking him

So your buddy the judge can personally attack an A&M student, but it shouldn't work the other way around? Ok...

Btw, if my son got a speeding ticket, and I found out the judge was making fun of him behind his back in public...wow.
JoeyB11
AG
As an Ennis native, this is the only claim to fame that the town will have...
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Folks, he didn't say he got a ticket either. Maybe the "gift" was just a warning.
IIRC Warnings don't make it to the Judge's desk.

AnalogyAg
How to beat the rap:

1. Ask for jury trial
2. Put on his defense and be nice.
3. Conclude with "Thank you. Depending on the length of your deliberations, I might have time for a visit and photos afterward."
TMartin
The professionalism of Baylor grads knows no ends....something to be proud of and gives you a lot of confidence in the Texas courts.
SoBeMiami_AGgal
AG
I'm from Waxahachie so we already have the hate for Ennis as our big rival, this just adds on...
The Catalyst
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folks, he didn't say he got a ticket either. Maybe the "gift" was just a warning.

...or the officer shared his celebrity sighting/citing story with the judge.....
eAGer
AG
I'm surprised none of you idiots questioned the lack of references to hair, ankles, or Subway.
r2row23
AG
Judge and his 3G phone.

4G or GTFO!!!!
eAGer
AG
quote:
....JFF needs to lawyer up, and sue the dude for slander

Um, if that was slander, what exactly have all of you been doing this whole time? I'd say there's a little bit of libel scattered around here. All he said was that he was speeding (quickly corrected to say "allegedly") and needs to grow up. How often is that called slander? He most likely was speeding, but that doesn't exactly sway public opinion about somebody. Do you think less of Johnny now? How many on these very boards have said Johnny needs to grow up? Hell, almost every sports writer has said it in the last month!
eAGer
AG
quote:

What The Catalyst said. Police radios would still pick up the stop, plus small-town gossip likely would make it there very quickly. What cop wouldn't brag to everyone they know that they stopped Johnny Fkn Football?
WolfPack14
AG
Someone ask Swim to settle this!
eAGer
AG
quote:
So your buddy the judge can personally attack an A&M student, but it shouldn't work the other way around?

I didn't say we were buddies, but THAT was a personal attack on an A&M student?! Speeding and needs to grow up?! Damn, some of you must be the most fragile bunch of...oh sorry, you all must really be fantastic people.

quote:
Btw, if my son got a speeding ticket, and I found out the judge was making fun of him behind his back in public...

That's the only thing that I can agree with except I still don't read it as making fun of anyone. Just bragging about a celebrity sighting in a small town...someone else's sighting, no less. But it's still a matter to be handled between Johnny and the judge, not a bunch of internet tough guys that want to show a Baylor grad he can't call TAMU a "college" on facebook and get away with it. If the Fkn Footballs (Manziels) want to get offended, let them take care of it. They apparently have the means.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

Congressman Joe Barton (the one who always advertises on Aggie football radio broadcasts) is from Ennis. So you've got that.
Goose
AG
It's certainly not unreasonable to expect a Judge to exercise better judgement.
eAGer
AG
quote:
Congressman Joe Barton (the one who always advertises on Aggie football radio broadcasts) is from Ennis. So you've got that.

Also a family of Aggies.
Sweetums09
AG
quote:
Unless the judge is a 12 year old girl he should know the difference
eAGer
AG
quote:
It's certainly not unreasonable to expect a Judge to exercise better judgement.

As I have generally agreed, so ask him to exercise better judgment. He doesn't need to lose his job, nor does he need to be called a d-bag.
eAGer
AG
quote:

You forgot Graham Harrell

...and the National Polka Festival
wacarnolds
AG
methinks eAGer doth protest too much
skipper_ag06
He's a ****** bag. He went to baylor which is probably where he got the chip that rides so high upon his shoulder. Dbag needs to be put in his place.
DM44
To eager, the lawyer who sometimes appears before this judge in Ennis...

The real issue is that this judge has caused members of the public to doubt the fairness of Texas municipal/justice court judges in general. The purpose of the Canons of Judicial Ethics is to stop behavior that damages the credibility of the judiciary in Texas.

Granted, this municipal judge was probably just trying to be cute with his friends, but his behavior is something any judge KNOWS he is to refrain from. And you, if you are an attorney, trying to minimize his comments is just adding to the appearance of unprofessional conduct in the legal community. So do us all a favor and stop posting on this topic. You may also want to show the municipal judge some law the next time you appear before him.

quote:
(10) A judge shall abstain from public comment about a pending or impending proceeding which may come before the judge's court in a manner which suggests to a reasonable person the judge's probable decision on any particular case. The judge shall require similar abstention on the part of court personnel subject to the judge's direction and control. This section does not prohibit judges from making public statements in the course of their official duties or from explaining for public information the procedures of the court.
P.C. Principal
Baylor gonna Baylor
eAGer
AG
quote:
methinks eAGer doth protest too much

post padding

But really, several folks addressed me directly or comments I made, so I responded. I guess that's what happens when you're the only one who dares to stand against TexAgs. I love the power of TexAgs when it's unleashed properly - dominating polls, calling out announcers for suggesting impropriety, etc. but questioning a man's ethics and rallying for him to be fired for a facebook post that he made "privately" that in no way insulted anyone or insinuating anything, to me, is an abuse of our power.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.