Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Baylor graduate judge brags about issuing JFF speeding ticket

47,398 Views | 270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Red Skye
DM44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bye-Bye eager.
eAGer
AG
quote:
The real issue is that this judge has caused members of the public to doubt the fairness of Texas municipal/justice court judges in general.

Oh...my God.

quote:
in a manner which suggests to a reasonable person the judge's probable decision on any particular case

So you're telling me I've been discussing this with unreasonable people? You guys are acting like he said he robbed a bank and will surely be convicted. He was stopped for speeding and told to slow down/grow up. There may not BE a case! But by all means, let's make a mountain out of this molehill.

TexAgs gonna TexAg I guess.

[This message has been edited by eAGer (edited 1/17/2013 2:32p).]
Johnny Z
AG
I don't understand how the Bush Turnpike, which plows through heavily populated parts of Dallas has a speed limit of 70 mph while that stretch of highway in Ennis is 60 mph.

Biggest.
Trap.
Ever.
DM44
Eager, You must be a civil litigator. Why are you on here blogging instead of making money...hmmm.

I'm really impressed that you think TexAgs bloggers have the power to remove judges. You're funny.

Or you and your buddy must realize he's really screwed up and he doesn't want a reprimand.

You've made your point. Now save your text for a free meal next time you're in Ennis.

olarmyaustinag
AG
This is just sad
Munsoned Ag in Austin
AG
Seriously people...I have recieved more speeding tickets in my life than I care to talk about. This judge might be an idiot for posting this on facebook, but JFF does need to find out quickly that he is not above the law...just like the rest of us.
swc93
AG
quote:
I might have time for a visit and photos afterward.
jml2621
The judge should be reminded that he is not above the law either. Oh, snap.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
Seriously people...I have recieved more speeding tickets in my life than I care to talk about. This judge might be an idiot for posting this on facebook, but JFF does need to find out quickly that he is not above the law...just like the rest of us.

When has anyone (JFF included) implied that he is above the law? I guess all judges will now start telling people in traffic court to 'grow up and quit speeding'...
eAGer
AG
quote:
I'm really impressed that you think TexAgs bloggers have the power to remove judges.

Not the power to remove judges, just the power to make Aggies look like idiots. I mean, some of you really filed complaints about this. Sorry that I care about our (my) image a little. And we're not buddies. I said I have appeared before him. I just began by saying this was a dumb pursuit and folks kept talking back to me, so I stood up for my position, as did everyone else toward me. Sorry I'm the only one who doesn't try to form a mob at the drop of a hat.
4L Aggie
AG
Disappointed in our justice system if a judge has to boast over busting someone. My guess is he doesn't have a family or kids.
PsychoAg98
AG
Dude, eAGer, it is unprofessional conduct of a judge. If I posted on Facebook about stuff going on at my job that I wasn't supposed to, I would get fired, too.

A judge is an administer of justice. Knowing that said administerer takes to social media to comment sarcastically on cases he will be trying shows that he is not fit to be trusted with the job, no matter how much you like him.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
OH! I didn't know till now that this f***face was a Baylor Bear. Oh, oh.......this makes the story sooooooooo much better......yes. Eat sip crap, Baylor boy.
eAGer
AG
I never said I liked him either. My point is, there may not even be a case here for him to be commenting on. Even if there is, it's for speeding. What's the worst that can happen? And Johnny CAN and SHOULD use this to get out of it if necessary - I've said as much - but these little "questionable" things happen all the time. They are not always indicators of a bigger issue. He wouldn't still be on the bench after so many years if he was such a terrible person and unethical judge. How is that missed on all of you? Are you all 18?
PsychoAg98
AG
I am double that.

So 2 x awesome
Come Out Roll
AG
(laughing/crying emoticon)
thanks for these whoppers:
"..for a facebook post that he made "privately"..."

you really don't know much about the interweb, do ya? If there EVER was an oxymoron, brutha, this is it!!!!

and another:
"..insulted anyone or insinuating anything.."
I don't think the words 'insulted' or 'insinuating' means what you THINK it means here....

Please don't tell me you're a counselor, pup.....if so, my God....now wonder we have an Oboingo playing POTUS
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
He wouldn't still be on the bench after so many years if he was such a terrible person and unethical judge. How is that missed on all of you? Are you all 18?

Bernie Madoff would never have continued to earn people's trust and money after so many years if he was a such a terrible person and unethical businessman.
Come Out Roll
AG
eager-
STOP already....
please remember the rule of the hole: IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN A HOLE, STOP DIGGING.
water turkey
He should be fired for being a grown man posting on Facebook.
eAGer
AG
Ok, so now I get to defend myself against fellow Ags. I'll play.

quote:
thanks for these whoppers:
"..for a facebook post that he made "privately"..."

you really don't know much about the interweb, do ya? If there EVER was an oxymoron, brutha, this is it!!!!

You search for his facebook page then. It's "private".
See, I put it in quotations because I know it's still the internet and nothing is truly private. Leave it in context. Thanks for trying.

quote:
"..insulted anyone or insinuating anything.."
I don't think the words 'insulted' or 'insinuating' means what you THINK it means here....

Again, leave it in context. It's easy to see how "insult" was relevant considering lots of folks have referred to this as a personal attack, and "insinuate" was in reference to the aforementioned TNT announcer "insinuating" improprieties on an NBA broadcast. IIRC, when called out by the other announcers, he said "I'm not trying to insinuate anything...". Reading comprehension, try it.

Honestly, I guess I just thought we were above this. There are better ways to handle these kinds of things (you know, like Aggies - class and dignity come to mind). I hoped there was one with sense among you. Clearly, I have underestimated you.
wacarnolds
AG
eAGer-
a wise man once said, "you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em; know when to walk away and know when to run."

think it might be time you get to steppin, before you make yourself look any worse.
DM44

[This message has been edited by DM44 (edited 1/17/2013 3:46p).]
TxAgswin
AG
quote:
I guess all judges will now start telling people in traffic court to 'grow up and quit speeding'...

Yep. That's their job.
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
Honestly, I guess I just thought we were above this. There are better ways to handle these kinds of things (you know, like Aggies - class and dignity come to mind). I hoped there was one with sense among you. Clearly, I have underestimated you.

How's the weather up on that high horse you pompous ass?
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
Yep. That's their job.

I guess I was unaware that only 'young' people receive speeding tickets.
TSHIRTAGWANNAB
'Christ almighty it's like I'm setting here surfing the web with my brother's kids or something, nerve racking sons of *****es! Ya'll have got to be the biggest bunch of dimwits around. Getting ya'lls panties all bunched up over some stupid facebook post. Trying to get someone removed because of a half-witted attempt at humor. How many of yall would be out of jobs if you applied the same "rules" towards yourself.
Dobre casy
AG
hello judge!! what took you so long?
DM44
I'm just seeing how long it takes for eager to realize his buddy's topic will stay on the first page of the football forum as long he keeps writing.
MD20/20
AG
anybody find a picture of judge starr?

Cooter Brown is my designated driver
AnalogyAg
I still say Johnny follow my 3-step plan above.

Have fun with it, and enjoy beating the rap!
MaroonPlatoon
Z Team
AG
That Johnny boy is slippery, when it looks like he is sacked, BOOM he is gone.
Silver Taps
Poor Judge. He doesn't have enough to do -
TAM85
21,110 views on this thread, is that all?
VonDaMan
AG
Idiot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.