Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Baylor graduate judge brags about issuing JFF speeding ticket

47,357 Views | 270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Red Skye
str8shot1000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agree with tarletontexan...tolar with keene a close 2nd
Bajan
AG
Selma
CT'73
AG
I got stopped in Diboll once by an East Texas hick cop. Don't get me wrong, I like E Texas. But this guy came right out of a Hollywood movie. It wasn't for speeding but for weaving in and out of my lane. Total BS. I guess he knew it wouldn't stick because he had a dashboard camera and I stayed directly in front of it as we had our chat and the camera did not catch me weaving. I think he was just looking for something suspicious along the US 59 drug corridor. He finally found that I had an expired sticker so I got a ticket for that and was on my way. Back to the original topic: I recently served on a jury and the judge was very respectful and professional -- to the counsel, parties to the suit, and jurors. I was very impressed and appreciated her demenaor and respect for our judicial system. After the trial was over she introduced herself to me and said she was an Aggie (she saw my ring). I can not see this judge going on FB with a sniping snippet about a sports figure that was generated out of petty jealousy. I think the Ennis judge is a clown and a disgrace.
bam02
AG
I don't think this thread is about everyone's favorite speed trap anecdote.
eAGer
AG
Edited for completely missing the joke.

quote:
Everyone needs to relax...his post wasn't and isn't a big deal...JFF was speeding...pretty cool right now to be any what associated with JFF. Chill out people. Judge is probably a decent guy....no need to flip out and be a pain about it.

Bingo. We'll look pretty petty if we really make this into something it's not. And do we want him in the public eye or not? Take the good with the bad. We also know he got arrested last spring. If it's ok for that to be public, no reason a speeding ticket is worse, even if a judge said it. I still don't think it's great that he did it, and there is a bit of smugness in his "advice", but I can't see where he did anything illegal (that story from bam02 reads completely different than this story), and certainly not worth losing his job.

[This message has been edited by eAGer (edited 1/17/2013 10:05a).]
The Shank Ag
Keene is the worst. You know you are a small town when you are a Suburb of Cleburne
The Shank Ag
Keene is the worst. You know you are a small town when you are a Suburb of Cleburne
jake405
Somebody make sure that judge knows that an aggie engineering firm, is building the new Baylor stadium.
Marcus Pollio
AG
quote:
We'll look pretty petty

we'll look petty? did you not see the post a freakin JUDGE made about a student athlete and university on facebook?

but since you know the ******r its cool...
VeterinariAg
AG
eAGer, the fabrication line was clearly a knock on Te'o's woman problems.
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
and certainly not worth losing his job

He deserves to feel some heat and get called out for his unprofessional actions.
ladyag10
AG
Wow.

Childish.

All I have to say.
texag84
AG
Get this guy out of office! We shouldn't have judges like this
JalapenoKolache
AG
Poor form by the judge. Not professional.
timoteo
Would he have posted the same news about his own son or daughter?
Buck Turgidson
When is this dbag up for reelection? Lets campaign to have every Texags poster donate to his opponent...
Flashdiaz
AG
what would happen in his court if any defendent was wearing an ATM shirt... or worse yet, a #2 jersey ?
eAGer
AG
quote:
eAGer, the fabrication line was clearly a knock on Te'o's woman problems.

Oops, fail. I had somehow completely blocked that out while I was in this thread.
Born Maroon
AG
SEC TEXAS PRIDE, can you please post a link to his facebook?
eAGer
AG
quote:
did you not see the post a freakin JUDGE made about a student athlete and university on facebook?

Uh, yeah I read it, and my feelings weren't hurt a bit by it. I took it as a fan of one of our old rival schools taking a jab at one of his old rivals, the same way I would if any of my close friends from "Baylro", or "Tceh", or "t.u." or anywhere else tried to give me **** about anything else. But I'm not a fragile ***** who gets my feelings hurt every time someone refers to my university as an unnamed "college", quotations or not. And I never would have even seen it, and I suspect no one else would have, if someone hadn't run here to post it. I'm not friends with him on facebook. This isn't the same as someone insinuating NCAA violations on a nationally televised NBA broadcast.
Should OU be pissed that he took a jab at them? He actually named them. Most likely he's got a lot of friends from a lot of "unnamed colleges" and enjoys some friendly smack talk now and then. The only one who should be remotely upset by this is Johnny, but he'll just get out of the ticket anyway, either because of this or because the judge might just think "how often do you get to forgive a Heisman trophy winner's ticket?", so what's the point? We'll look much more petty than a guy who just talks a little smack to his friends on facebook or brags about a celebrity passing through his jurisdiction, whether he should have or not. For a bunch of folks that like to call everyone else "butthurt" so quickly, some of you sure are thin-skinned.
MD20/20
AG
Wow, city court judge since 1987. Probably wears his robe to traffic court.

Cooter Brown is my designated driver
Dobre casy
AG
eager - judges are not supposed to show bias. would you want this guy hearing your case if he knew you were an aggie?

this judge is a moron for putting something like this out in public.
careerchange05
AG
quote:
He deserves to feel some heat and get called out for his unprofessional actions.

That's fine. Let JFF do that if he wants to. You idiots emailing the judge and the ethics committee are making yourselves (and other Aggies) look like absolute fools, though.
Womackster
AG
Whoa! Tap the breaks!
Atty_Ag
Folks, we hold judges to higher standards. That's why we have extra rules for them regarding ethics. Want to be a ******bag attorney? Hey that's great, we got a lot of them. Want to be a judge? Well, there are higher standards. The link has already been posted on Canon #2. It's not simply impropriety, it's the appearance of impropriety.
zomvito
AG
quote:

eager - judges are not supposed to show bias. would you want this guy hearing your case if he knew you were an aggie?

this judge is a moron for putting something like this out in public.

This^ x eleventy billion..... it's okay because he's Johnny football? What if it was just a post about Joe Schmoe Aggie that was speeding? Why should it make any difference? Ridiculous.
Marcus Pollio
AG
taking jabs at a&m football or the university would be innocent smack talk.

using information gained as a public servant, commenting on a private citizens legal matters, showing bias in their position of power, all in order to take a jab at a&m is not innocent smack talk.
Marcus Pollio
AG
dp

[This message has been edited by Marcus Pollio (edited 1/17/2013 11:05a).]
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
quote:
did you not see the post a freakin JUDGE made about a student athlete and university on facebook?

Uh, yeah I read it, and my feelings weren't hurt a bit by it. I took it as a fan of one of our old rival schools taking a jab at one of his old rivals, the same way I would if any of my close friends from "Baylro", or "Tceh", or "t.u." or anywhere else tried to give me **** about anything else. But I'm not a fragile ***** who gets my feelings hurt every time someone refers to my university as an unnamed "college", quotations or not. And I never would have even seen it, and I suspect no one else would have, if someone hadn't run here to post it. I'm not friends with him on facebook. This isn't the same as someone insinuating NCAA violations on a nationally televised NBA broadcast.
Should OU be pissed that he took a jab at them? He actually named them. Most likely he's got a lot of friends from a lot of "unnamed colleges" and enjoys some friendly smack talk now and then. The only one who should be remotely upset by this is Johnny, but he'll just get out of the ticket anyway, either because of this or because the judge might just think "how often do you get to forgive a Heisman trophy winner's ticket?", so what's the point? We'll look much more petty than a guy who just talks a little smack to his friends on facebook or brags about a celebrity passing through his jurisdiction, whether he should have or not. For a bunch of folks that like to call everyone else "butthurt" so quickly, some of you sure are thin-skinned.

He violated the privacy of a citizen. He is out of line. You're the butthurt one.
Sgt Awesome
AG
That stretch of highway is crap. The road is 3 lanes across and the speed limit drops from 75 to 60. Half the people I know have been pulled over there.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
This Lee Johnson f***head needs to be held accountable for clearly inappropriate behavior.
Czechs Out 03
AG
quote:
That stretch of highway is crap. The road is 3 lanes across and the speed limit drops from 75 to 60. Half the people I know have been pulled over there.

Thank the EPA for this brilliance.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
SO dumb. Should be 75 all the way to I-30.
Fiddlesticks
AG
quote:
But the worst is Franklin. I've been pulled over twice there, and nearly every time since that cop is always sittin there beside the railroad tracks waiting to get the next loser.

Used to work in Franklin... just need to know when to slow down. They are always out there.

I think the worst is Riesel or Alvarado.

P.S. this story is bull. We need to get rid of this Judge. Definite ethics violation here.
Simplebay
AG
fiddle the gf is old friends with judge's daughter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.