Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Baylor graduate judge brags about issuing JFF speeding ticket

47,360 Views | 270 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Red Skye
AgPediRPh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The story is now in dallasnews, cbsports and USATODAY.

That judge is an idiot/fake tough guy. Why not just tell your friends as a funny anecdote instead of leaving an evidence trail that can bite you in the ass?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Ha ha, eAGer's bff is making the news now.

Thank goodness so many reporters count on the Zoo as a news source.
eAGer
AG
Awwww... you guys miss me...
LukeDuke
AG
Johnny should come to this judge's defense...some kind of a joke and shout out on twitter.

That would be the right thing and brilliant PR.

He has a chance to be the ANTI-Lance Armstrong here.
LukeDuke
AG
I'm in the eAGer camp. That old fart judge prolly thought he was only addressing his 7 facebook friends.

The bigger man doesn't jump to ruin or squash another just because he can.

In fact, by showing mercy in a position of power he gains allies rather than enemies.

[This message has been edited by LukeDuke (edited 1/17/2013 5:29p).]
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
Johnny should come to this judge's defense...some kind of a joke and shout out on twitter.

That would be the right thing and brilliant PR.

He has a chance to be the ANTI-Lance Armstrong here.

Actually the judge should be issuing JFF a formal apology for violating his privacy
ccolley68
AG
In response to those saying that the information regarding tickets, Johnny's previous arrest, mugshots, other legal matters is public knowledge and can be found on the Internet; yes that is true, but that's where the whole innocent until proven guilty aspect plays in. Plus, they are only reporting the facts.

If you get arrested, yes most counties post mugshots and the 'charge(s)' on their website. In that instance, the arrest cannot be debated, it happened. The charges are just that, charges and not convictions. The charges are fact, and cannot be argued, but you are still not guilty. That is for a judge and/or jury of your peers to decide. The charges can be debated for validity by the court of public opinion, but the judge is the neutral body to hear the facts and rule based off them.

This judge crossed that line, and deserves the repercussions. If I am representing my employer in a matter and post info regarding private issues or trade secrets on Facebook, I would be fired. The fact that he has been a judge since 87 does not exempt him from this, and in actuality should make him more liable. That long on the bench he should well know what he did was wrong.

This judge deserves every bit of scrutiny, and deserves to lose his job and be disbarred.

If I were JFF's dad, on top of the judge losing his job, he'd have to deal with me personally.

A regular citizen drives by and posts a pic of JFF getting a ticket on Facebook? Mind your own business. The cop issuing the ticket posts about ticketing JFF on his own Facebook? Bad form in your profession, shame on you. The judge presiding over the case does it? Lost job.

This is why they interview and weed out jurors before trial to ensure a neutral body of your peers who will not bring their pre established conclusions with them. In this case, the head of that room, the true neutral party presiding overall has proven his bias.
whitewing
What gets me about this is the guy was wrong for being a judge and saying this. Anyone else no big deal. What gets me is the talk about speed traps and such those are everywhere. One even said that why is the speed limit 60 and not 70. That 287 bypass is not a speed trap but is a death trap. I would almost bet that there have been more deaths on that by pass than most of Ellis County. Most in the area will go through town to avoid it.
oldarmy1
AG
ennisadmin@ennis-texas.com

I am ashamed that a City Official would bring their personal feelings into the execution of their sworn duties. Your comments regarding Johnny Manziel were unprofessional and reflect poorly on Ennis. Growing up in a small town I was always offended when someone called it a “Hick Town”. You have earned that distinction for Ennis through your thoughtless postings, and I might add the term “kangaroo court” for good measure.

Sincerely,

[This message has been edited by oldarmy1 (edited 1/17/2013 6:20p).]
CaddoAggie96
AG
CSPD gave me a speeding ticket in 1995 for doing 52 in a 45.

I am so ashamed.
Bucketrunner
The CBS article is on the front page of TexAgs now. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.
GoneGirl
AG
How did I miss this for 2 days?
Texas Tide
AG
Extremely unprofessional from an ethics standpoint. Hope the state bar drags his ass across the coals for this.

Let's remember Texans, your judges are elected and there are far far far more Aggies than Bears. I don't know the demographics of that county but I hope the next time this jagweed is up for election we send his unprofessional ass back to private practice.
NOBEVO
AG
If this judge is municipal as it appears he is, he is not elected; he is appointed by the Ennis city council assuming that Ennis is a home rule city.
Texas Tide
AG
Ah, I thought he was county, not city. My bad.
GoneGirl
AG
Nobevo is correct, though in Ennis' case, it appears he's hired by the City Manager.

quote:
The City Commission is responsible for hiring the City Manager, the City Secretary, the Tax Assessor and Collector, and the City Attorney. The City Manager is responsible for appointing the heads of the City's departments.

http://www.ennis-texas.com/City%20Government/Form.html
bthotugigem05
AG
Also, what judge would have a grumpy cat meme as his profile pic?
dixichkn
AG
I can just picture this guy as the stereotypical redneck, "you in a heap of trouble boy!" Buford T Justice on the bench. Loser. Hope that made you feel kinda like a man, "Judge"......
DM44
dixichkn, I respectfully disagree.

1. He went to Gaylor.
2. He has a cat photo on his profile pic.

That sounds more like a jealous nerd man.

dixichkn
AG
hmmm. Point well taken.
FriscoKid
AG
Good times
ImWhatTigersDreamOf
AG
I believe he has since committed suicide
The Collective
AG
Yea, this guy died a year ago as of tomorrow. Pretty sad.
p-wonk01
AG
Seriously?
aggiebrad94
AG
Lee Johnson Obit

Apparently, Richie Martinez liked him less than Aggies.

[url=http://www.ennisdailynews.com/obituaries/lee-johnson/][/url]
Wes97
AG
quote:
Lee Johnson Obit

Yikes. Really? On an obit?
Red Skye
AG
quote:
Lee Johnson Obit

That's cold as ****.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.