Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Football (Manziel) Arrested

55,138 Views | 344 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bodhi
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gary Johnson 2012
diehard14
AG
The law is different in Texas. That's not the point though.

That's like someone calling the police and saying that they just passed a car driven by someone that looks really young.
Trickydick
stupid frat ***s prob started a figyt they couldn't win
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
a figyt they couldn't win

and then they went to the inerwebz and tried to find out what the hell they started.....wtf is a figyt?
Lateralus Ag
AG
Jokes man, jokes.....calm down...
ATL Aggie
AG
quote:
The Officer did not randomly contact this dip stick he responded to a call of a citizen. If a citizen reports suspicious activity the Officer will investigate such activity.

Even if the cop was telling the truth and someone actually did call to complain about someone carrying a gun there is nothing illegal about carrying a gun in Oregon so the cop still had no right to detain the guy. On the other hand, if someone called and told the cops that someone was running around threatening to shoot people with this gun the then cop would have had the right to detain the guy. But we know that is not what happened because the cop couldnt detain him.
cords12
OP, why would you compare this to the sips??? This wouldn't even make the news at tu!!! We hated on the horns because they were carrying semiautomatic weapons, large backpacks full of drugs and stealing flat screen TV's.... Comparing it to getting in a fight is laughable.
Knightlight
No, we just dont have open carry and rightfully so. Police need a "No Call" list so that people who are anit-police cannot call for help when the **** hits the fan. Idiot
Bonfire96
AG
What's not being addressed here, wtf is with his receding hairline?!
Knightlight
There is noting illegal about carrying a TV down the street in Texas....bet your ass they would be detained until the officer had time to investigate. Reasonable Suspicion....that is all.
Sex Panther
AG
I think it's pretty petty and shortsighted to call people ****ing idiots because they disagree with that video, and then claim they don't know their rights which is why America is going to hell... because poozies won't stand up for themselves etc...

The officer was responding to a concerned citizen because a guy was walking around in PORTLAND, OREGON with a gun. Hell, I'd be nervous if I saw a guy walking around with a gun in downtown Houston. Kent is right, this is not the Wild West.

I'm a supporter of gun rights. I'm a supporter of liberties and understanding your constitutional rights. I do not like most cops ZMurda, and I was arrested in college for something almost identical to your situation.

However, I NEVER brush in broad strokes because I realize that is a foolish attitude to have. Not all cops are incompetent, although I know why the stereotype exists, and agree with it.

When I was arrested and getting processed, the cop going through my wallet and belongings (not the one who arrested me) stumbled upon my fake ID which I kept hidden. He looked at me, looked at his supervisor who wasn't paying attention, and then placed it back in the wallet, and said nothing... I thought that was pretty cool.

Not all cops are out to get you and infringe on your rights. A lot of them are hard working and really just trying to uphold the law because they believe in it.

I understand what the kid was doing in that video, and to an extent I agree... but I have dealt with plenty of tools like him, and I would hardly take his side in that situation. If he would've handled it without the self-righteous attitude, I'd agree with it more.

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 6/29/2012 1:04p).]
Cromagnum
AG
Someone tell that dumbass you are supposed to hand a fake ID to the bouncer, not the cops.
AG
Interesting, could the guy Johnny Football faught be a 47 year old black male?

http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=14479

http://justiceweb.co.brazos.tx.us/Scripts/UVlink.isa/bodreaux/WEBSERV/JailSearch
Cromagnum
AG
He could be this guy though:

[This message has been edited by Cromagnum (edited 6/29/2012 1:05p).]
ATL Aggie
AG
quote:
If he would've handled it without the self-righteous attitude, I'd agree with it more.

He could have been a little more polite and say things like "I respectfully decline..." etc. But for all we know maybe this guy gets harassed by the cops everyday and is getting a little fed up with it. Without knowing the full story it not fair to call the guy out for being a jerkwad.
Verne Lundquist
AG
why are people fighting this stuff on that video

the dude was correct to state all those things and was just questioning why he was being stopped

the cop was doing his job and trying to protect the community.

he was told that he had no reason to stop him and was educated on the law by the dude.

did the dude come off like a dbag? yes but he was right.

who cares stop arguing about stoopid ish and lets post some hotties and funny gifs
Verne Lundquist
AG
video from the fight

ATL Aggie
AG
I still want to know why he took off his shirt.
NoHo Hank
AG
quote:
PORTLAND, OREGON with a gun. Hell, I'd be nervous if I saw a guy walking around with a gun in downtown Houston. Kent is right, this is not the Wild West

Who cares where he was. It's not illegal. It's fine that citizens were concerned, but at the end of the day, the cop stopped him illegaly. That matters.

At the end of the day, we have liberties which the government is allowed to restrict. It doesn't matter whether the kid was looking for a confrontation, which he certainly was. The point he made was a good one. The government is perfectly willing to restrict any right you are willing to not fight for. Not all cops will do that, and it's not evenly applied, but it's worth being aware of. Just because a government official tells you that you have to give him your ID, or that you aren't allowed to keep your weapon, or that you cannot sell happy meals with toys or buy large sodas, doesn't mean that official is legally right. As a population, we're letting our apathy erode our rights.
zmurda
quote:
I realized something the other day...the reason our rights are being utterly destroyed is because this country is full of vaginas walking around claiming to be men.

seriously...if people just realized that their inaction and brushing aside of these types of things only hurts us more, then we wouldn't be in such a different place right now.
aggieangst
JFF was celebrating his last days as a Big XII football player.

We are soon to be in the SEC.

By God, it is SEC football.

If you do not have criminals on your team and cheat like a mofo you will not win in the SEC.

Get used to it.

BrightAg13
AG
I'm confused. If the cops were called by concerned people, wouldn't that give the right for a cop to stop someone?

[This message has been edited by BrightAg13 (edited 6/29/2012 1:20p).]
ATL Aggie
AG
quote:
If the cops were called by concerned people, would that count as suspicious activity?

Not if the concern was that someone had a gun because there is nothing illegal about having a gun.
BrightAg13
AG
^ok thanks
zmurda
quote:
Not all cops are out to get you and infringe on your rights. A lot of them are hard working and really just trying to uphold the law because they believe in it.

I agree SP. I'm friends with several where I live now, but I wish the smart ones with good intentions were the majority. Unfortunately they are a small minority these days. Case in point, I've been pulled over 3 times in the last 2 years and had the charges dropped every time for a cop's failure to adhere to procedure and individual rights.
chosin
AG
quote:
No, we just dont have open carry and rightfully so. Police need a "No Call" list so that people who are anit-police cannot call for help when the **** hits the fan. Idiot

Your mistake is thinking the police are caped crusaders. They show up to clean up the mess and write reports. You are responsible for your own safety and security.

"when seconds count, the police are only minutes away."
Trickydick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAVYFRM5Tl8

Well being someone who has been both to cstat, and bryan lockups (I know a Champ) even told by the judge "If you haven't had an alcohol related incident you didn't graduate from Texas A&M"

The local 5-0 are mainly a bunch of dbags with few exceptions
BrightAg13
AG
I got pulled over for making an illegal u-turn in dallas, it was in the middle of the night, no one was behind me, and i had a green arrow

cop was an ag, and she let me off, but still, why was I pulled over for an illegal u-turn on a half deserted street still beats me
oldjohnny
I can't believe some of you are even attempting to defend the dumb actions of this guy. Football abilities aside, he broke the law and should pay for it. Only idiots and illegal immigrants carry fake I.D.s, and he sure don't look like a day laborer to me. So which is it?
ATL Aggie
AG
quote:
why was I pulled over for an illegal u-turn on a half deserted street still beats me

Are you serious? You are asking why a cop would stop you for doing something illegal?
Lance Uppercut
AG
New goal: See if we can get to 50 people resolving this issue with a "Boys will be boys" post.

BrightAg13
AG
because i can drive however i want

[This message has been edited by BrightAg13 (edited 6/29/2012 1:42p).]
moocow2024
AG
I have zero objections to anyone asserting their rights or defending them from anyone who attempts to infringe upon them.

I just don't like people with an obvious sense of superiority. He was a dick to that cop, but I have also been a dick to cop.

I was stopped by a cop at 3 in the morning, in a church parking lot as I was leaving to go home. I had snuck out, picked up my gf and we went and had some "quality time."

The cop wanted to search the car. I told him no. He said if I didn't cooperate, they would call the drug dogs. I told him to call two just to be safe. We got to go home around 5 after a dozen local, county, and state officers decided that I hadn't done anything wrong and let me go.

I was 18 and felt like a self-righteous badass for months. I might have been rude to those cops, but I hadn't done anything wrong and they were holding me illegally.
El Nino in Londontown
AG
How hard is it to not get arrested in college? I partied and drank with the best of them but never found myself in the pokie. What a dumb ass.
dunn1373
rabble rabble rabble

and boys will be boys

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.