Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Football (Manziel) Arrested

55,151 Views | 344 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bodhi
TexasAggiesWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
When other players from other teams do this... they are pathetic and should be punished!

When Aggies do this... Oh well, we all did it. This isn't a big deal!

Double standars are awesome!
Frederick Palowaski
AG
No biggie. Move along. Nothing to see here
Kentatm
Ragnar, are you saying you wouldn't find it suspicious if Case McCoy was arrested for fighting and the Austin papers ignored it?

[This message has been edited by Kentatm (edited 6/29/2012 10:35a).]
chase128
AG
I still don't get why Aggies have to tweet and re-tweet this stuff.

Yes, let's it it trending that one of our QBs got arrested.
aggiegreg93
AG
My only question is why weren't a couple OL there to "mitigate the circumstances"?
AggieDusty
AG
I think they have to realize that they are under greater scrutiny as Aggie Football Players (especially when you're a popular/well known one). If you don't want "negative news" reported about you, stay out of trouble. Don't fight in a highly patrolled public place, and don't hand a cop a fake id. They didn’t make anything up or exaggerate the truth... they just reported what happened.
BoxingAg84
quote:
I wonder who he was fighting.

Showers?
deadelephant98
AG
Silver lining is that Johnny Football will come out of prison so huge and ripped that we'll have to start calling him simply "John Football."
Ragnar Danneskjold
If they never published the blotter as the usually do I would.

If they chose not have a separate write up on their sports section with the write up "Longhorn QB gets arrested" I get that. . .

If their fans and longhorn sports news blogs/websites didnt blow up twitter with a link to that story and the hashtag #Longhorns, I get that as well.
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
Silver lining is that Johnny Football will come out of prison so huge and ripped that we'll have to start calling him simply "John Football."
AggieDave02
AG
I think Showers was going to start anyway, but this is plain stupid ... I'd give him a pass on just a fight, but the fake ID? Come on, man!
Kentatm
chase

You do not understand why Aggies would tweet this news? You don't understand why people would want to discuss this with each other and inform other interested people that it happened?

Should we only text eachother when negative news occurs?

[This message has been edited by Kentatm (edited 6/29/2012 10:38a).]
aggiegreg93
AG
BTW, from the picture, looks like JFF won the fight...nice work

[This message has been edited by aggiegreg93 (edited 6/29/2012 10:38a).]
TX scallywAG
AG
quote:
He’s 19 years old.
Police said he did not look 21 years old, and when asked his age on several occasions, he kept confusing the year he was born. Police said a short time later officers found two other driver’s licenses, one fake and one real, in Manziel’s wallet.

... guy can't subtract,not smart enough to play QB, much less make through 4 years of TAMU classes lol!

________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________
"Where do you want your statue Dr. Gates?"
A&M Undergrad - Dec '09
A&M Master of Health Administration (MHA) - May '12
02skiag
AG
T and P for his opponent who is probably recovering in the ER as we speak.
clintron
AG
bad decision making isn't something we want to translate on the field.
Citizen Reign
Did he think the cops would know his DL was fake?

aggiegreg93
AG
Anyone notice the shhit on JFF's forehead? Looks like he used a cheese grader on it....lots of weird stuff going on there.
Ragnar Danneskjold
Should have gone with Muhammad. Its the most common name in the world..
Chughes88
AG
Shows toughness. Johnny Football is obviously ready to handle the brawlers in the SEC. START JOHNNY FOOTBALL!
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:
You mean this kid made some of the same mistakes most of us made in college?

Burn him at the stake!

All of us who were top rated national recruits, Division 1 quarterbacks at one of the highest profile schools in the country, fighting for a starting position, please raise our hands.

^^This is the point people.

Hell, I used my friend's fake for a solid two years before turning 21, but you've got to have some prudence when to pull that **** out and try to use it. Some bars I knew I could get away with with it, or that it was worth trying. Other times I knew better than to even try.

But you can't ignore the fact that these guys have a spotlight on them 24/7 these days - they aren't the typical anonymous college coed. So they can't afford to act like one. Coming out against this is not an issue of being on a high horse, this is just an issue of common sense.

[This message has been edited by FL_Ag1998 (edited 6/29/2012 10:43a).]
TexasAggiesWin
S
Georgia Player in Jail

I'm sure Georgia fans are not tweeting and re-tweeting anything about this, right?

[This message has been edited by aggiesrul8 (edited 6/29/2012 10:43a).]
ElephantRider
AG
I think the take-home message in all of this is that Lukin is a tranny.
CDub06
AG
quote:

why is this big news? a backup QB for a non-title contender got in to a fight and had a fake ID.

It's not that he just had a fake ID. It's that he used it to falsely identify himself to the police. That's a dumb move and makes this more than just a simple fight.
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Police said he did not look 21 years old, and when asked his age on several occasions

Profiling

Harassment

Shouldnt need an ID just for existing. Shouldnt be asked to provide evidence against yourself.
merc
AG
Rofl, mclovin fake
ElephantRider
AG
Lot of Romney supporters in this thread, from the looks of it. I didn't realize that we were this far down the path to Police State. Let's all have ID cards that we have to show at every turn.

[This message has been edited by Elephantrider (edited 6/29/2012 11:00a).]
Flaith
AG
quote:

Sex Panther
AG
They put them wieners on the glass at the Alano Club... while the ladies were rehearsing the Christmas pageant.
The Lost
quote:
I still don't get why Aggies have to tweet and re-tweet this stuff.

Yes, let's it it trending that one of our QBs got arrested.

It happens at every bcs school, not just here... Football players are news regardless of what you think
Chief 12
quote:

SEC
Showers was the qb before this... if JF was looking at a starting role he wouldn't have been acting dumb and probably would have had some people to fight for him
OilFieldIRI
S
Johnny Football shows his swag at the 6 sec. mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udw0xJuIgDk
Ragnar Danneskjold
DAMN

but people are going to think thats what happened last night

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 10:53a).]
aggiebones
AG
He was vying for the Starting QB spot at A&M. After Tannehill and Johnson, he would have big shoes to fill from a public leadership position and he's not started out on the right foot.
I partied my arse off in college. But I paid the price and never bothered with a fake ID. If I had one, I certainly wouldn't be stupid enough to show it to a police man!

He's got TONS of time to mature and step up. Its just a mistake. But as leader of my team, he'd sit for a game or so. And would start out the Fall practice the last string QB, dummy for the defense. Make him work up the ladder again. He won't likely catch Showers, but he may never catch Davis either. And the line grows longer next year with Hill and Stewart.
This BETTER be a shot in the buttock to get him focused. I'm not against anyone sneaking some beers, but if you are the starting QB for our football you WILL be held to a higher standard and he knows that going in. Though maybe now, he'll actually understand it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.