Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Football (Manziel) Arrested

55,065 Views | 344 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bodhi
70JACK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hate the stupidity but love the fact he will fight!!!
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Lot of Romney supporters in this thread, from the looks of it. I didn't realize that we were this far down the path to Police State.

Oh jeeezzz.
westtexasfarmerag
"when asked his age on several occasions, he kept confusing the year he was born"

Oh come on JFF! memorize everything about the Fake! You should know better
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
quote:
Silver lining is that Johnny Football will come out of prison so huge and ripped that we'll have to start calling him simply "John Football."
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chosin
AG
He needs to go. Pattern of misconduct. This offseason crap is the reason we went 6-6 last year with a top 10 team. I called it before the season last year, and any other fool could have if we didn't have such a head-in-the-sand fan base.
BoxingAg84
Jim Rome's take....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrerho9Nx9A
TyHolden
AG
johhny, i got friends that can do better than this. holla.

Aggie_Journalist
AG
When something happens involving a potential starting football player and it is likely to impact whether he plays or not it's a story, especially if it's a qb, rb or other high-profile position. Most folks want to know that stuff. If nobody read it, papers wouldn't bother writing it.
W
AG
this is a very bad sign. He had incidents with the police back in high school. Apparently it was not just a one-time deal or "he'll grow out of it" thing
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
Shouldnt need an ID just for existing. Shouldnt be asked to provide evidence against yourself.

So how else do you think liquor stores should verify the age of customers? How should police handle identifying who they arrest/question?
WhiteYaloo
Yea this really isn't a big deal people, hes a young freshmen right out of high school trying to have some fun and made a poor decision, hopefully he"ll learn from this mistake and move on. I'd much rather this happen now and he learn from it instead of it happening 2-3 years from now when he's possibly starting and fighting for national championship
Token
AG
johnny football is a soph now...
aggie_2001_2005
Having a fake ID is the gheyest thing. Purposefully misrepresenting who you really are? Pathetic.

Don't care about the fighting or failure to comply with police directive to identify. Fake ID is just dumb though.
AudaciousAg
AG
Nah, never been close to being arrested.

When will, "I'm a college kid" stop being an excuse to be a dumb a$$?

Hopefully he is suspended.
BrightAg13
AG
Seriously?

It's college, some of you guys need to cool it, everyone has a fake id
OTredux
Did not read the whole thread, but did anyone ask...WHY IN THE NAME OF BLAZES IS HE NOT WEARING A SHIRT??????
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
So how else do you think liquor stores should verify the age of customers?

Thats voluntary for the customer buying liquor as well as the liquor seller. The store owner is trying to avoid being charged for violating an arbitrary law. No one HAS to show or request ID.

quote:
How should police handle identifying who they arrest/question?

Lots of people dont carry ID. How to they work around that? What business of the police is it who I am, where I am going, what I am doing unless they have already arrested me?
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Having a fake ID is the gheyest thing. Purposefully misrepresenting who you really are?

We have discriminatory laws that make this necessary for millions of people the government can force to die in war but can not get a drink.

Drinking age is arbitrary.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 11:12a).]
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Having a fake ID is the gheyest thing. Purposefully misrepresenting who you really are? Pathetic.

Wow, what a blast you must be... Do you realize what the point of one is? Who the hell didn't have a fake when they were under 21? Now showing it to a cop... pretty stupid.
InternetFan02
AG
Pussification of America continues. This only makes me respect Johnny Football more and adds to his growing legend
GetThoseKeysMilo
I did not have a fake ID. Most people don't have fake IDs.

And Johnny has been in trouble multiple times, both in high high school and at A&M. Unfortunately this is a pattern.
Brock Sampson
AG
He let the cop catch him? Guess our conditioning needs to pick up
chosin
AG
Rag - are you more pissed because people found out about him getting arrested, or that you just hate the government?
AudaciousAg
AG
Not everyone has a fake ID, not everyone wants one, not everyone does alot of things that you think everyone does.

There are some people who have alot more maturity than that because it is demanded of them. You're QB has to be held to a way higher standard than everyone else if you're going to be a good team.
EliteZags
AG
quote:
Did not read the whole thread, but did anyone ask...WHY IN THE NAME OF BLAZES IS HE NOT WEARING A SHIRT??????

you haven't been in very many fights have you?
LaurAg
Hey, this isn't Arizona. How dare those *******s make him produce identification. The fact that they didn't think he LOOKED 21? That's just profiling pure & simple.

Laura
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Rag - are you more pissed because people found out about him getting arrested, or that you just hate the government?

Man, I just hate everything.
aggiegreg93
AG
Apparently JFF ripped his shirt off right before the fight...ala WWF..........anyway, that's what I'm going with
FL_Ag1998
AG
chosin, You don't know Ragnar much, do you? Don't get him started....

[This message has been edited by FL_Ag1998 (edited 6/29/2012 11:16a).]
InternetFan02
AG
I would guess that back in the 80s when Sumlin was a badass linebacker in the Big 10 these kind of fights happened every weekend without fanfare
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Not everyone has a fake ID, not everyone wants one, not everyone does alot of things that you think everyone does.

That's fine and dandy, but I'm still gonna laugh at the holier than thou attitude that having a fake ID is "ghey" and "pathetic"
Ragnar Danneskjold
AgBQ07
AG
If you are detained for fighting, the procedure for officers is to determine cause of violence and possible substance abuse. All pockets are checked including going through personal effects, including wallets. JF probably didn't give them the fake ID, they just found it while checking his wallet.

Not being able to identify yourself gives the officer a reason to search you. If you are not acting like a jackass and act respectful to the officers, they are more likely to slap you on the wrist.
TexasAggiesWin
S
You do realize that the police wasn't going around randomly asking people for their ID's right, Rags? If they would not have been fighting, none of this would have happened. This is not the 'big bad governments' fault. This is the fault of the people fighting.
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Not being able to identify yourself gives the officer a reason to search you. If you are not acting like a jackass and act respectful to the officers, they are more likely to slap you on the wrist.

What's the reason? A cop is just a guy, why do I have to tell him who I am?

More likely? I dont like those odds.

The info posted earlier said he was asked for his ID "because he didnt look 21".
I apologize if I was misinformed.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 11:24a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.