Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Football (Manziel) Arrested

54,891 Views | 344 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bodhi
Verne Lundquist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only reason its a big deal is because hea on the team

In reality is no big deal since most of us were probably involved in scuffles or shoving matches when we were in CS.
EliteZags
AG
has CSPD never seen Varsity Blues?? you see the (potential) STARTING QUARTERBACK getting into trouble, you buy him a beer and send him on his way, boys will be boys
Bjwink
AG
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video800.php?v=wshh9uupF06WWu97tcLT&set_size=1
should not and did not have to show ID, heres an example of a law student sticking it to a cop, Know your rights!
ATL Aggie
AG
quote:
That's fine and dandy, but I'm still gonna laugh at the holier than thou attitude that having a fake ID is "ghey" and "pathetic"

I agree that its not "ghey" and "pathetic" but it is stupid for someone who hopes to be our starting QB to get arrested for this. Everyone takes risks and makes mistakes, but the decisions of high profile football players will be scrutinized more and they need to understand that certain risks are not worth the potential penalty.

College kids are going to drink. College kids are going to get in fights. But high profile football players are going to be held to different standard because they represent the university in the public eye more than the average student. If you want to be our starting QB, you need to stay out of trouble. That doesnt mean you cant take risks like every other college student, but you do have to stay out of trouble.
Ragnar Danneskjold
bjwink

dont f with libertarian law students

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 11:30a).]
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I agree that its not "ghey" and "pathetic" but it is stupid for someone who hopes to be our starting QB to get arrested for this.

I agree with that.

And that kid in bjwink's video, like most 2-L's, is a ****ing dewsh. I don't care if he was raising a point and correct, he was a tool about it.

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 6/29/2012 11:32a).]
Ragnar Danneskjold
He's a dewsh for asserting his rights when being illegally stopped?

Jeeze

He wasnt "raising a point". He was living his life until a cop hassled him for absolutely no reason.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 11:35a).]
Verne Lundquist
AG
worldstarhiphop is real?

i thought that was just some joke
Sex Panther
AG
Come on Rags, that cop wasn't even being a dick. He was trying to bait the cop and he could've handled it without sounding like a smarmy *******.

I just know a lot of kids like that who after their 1st year of law school are suddenly legal experts and their attitudes are exhausting.
crosas
AG
Seriously, which of you did not get into a few fights while in school. At least he has some fire in his belly.
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Come on Rags, that cop wasn't even being a dick

The cop broke the law, the cop chose to hassle an individual who displayed no suspicious activity for absolutely no reason.

I would be a dick too if a cop just decided to detain me in public and cannot even produce a reason why he is doing it.
diehard14
AG
Do you suspect me of a crime sir? Yes or no?
Texas Tide
AG
What did they put in the water at A&M since I left? I wake up everyday and check TxAgs EXPECTING to see some big news now and it almost always delivers.

That being said I hope johnny football learns and matures from this in the long run.
Sex Panther
AG
I guarantee you he was attempting to have that exact situation arise. The way he had a camera ready and spit out the exact cases he needed (especially dewshy), I wouldn't be surprised if he called the cops himself or had a friend do it.

And the "You're gun was just pointed at me" line was especially queer.

Look man, I'm all for libertarian rights and I've seen plenty of cops who needed to be taken down a peg, but that kid is a tool.
Ragnar Danneskjold
He was walking down the street with his gun. That's not illegal there. How was he trying to have that situation arise.

Its like saying you got pulled over for driving the speed limit but were trying to get pulled over because the mere fact you were driving.

The dude was just living his life until officer can't produce a reason stopped him.

For all we know the kid was being an ass because he gets stopped for not breaking the law all the time.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 11:44a).]
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:

dont f with libertarians

FIFY.

[This message has been edited by Lateralus Ag (edited 6/29/2012 11:48a).]
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
For all we know the kid was being an ass because he gets stopped for not breaking the law all the time.

This.
Amos Moses
quote:
quote:
quote:
You mean this kid made some of the same mistakes most of us made in college?

Burn him at the stake!

All of us who were top rated national recruits, Division 1 quarterbacks at one of the highest profile schools in the country, fighting for a starting position, please raise our hands.

^^This is the point people.

Hell, I used my friend's fake for a solid two years before turning 21, but you've got to have some prudence when to pull that **** out and try to use it. Some bars I knew I could get away with with it, or that it was worth trying. Other times I knew better than to even try.

But you can't ignore the fact that these guys have a spotlight on them 24/7 these days - they aren't the typical anonymous college coed. So they can't afford to act like one. Coming out against this is not an issue of being on a high horse, this is just an issue of common sense.

If this were my college aged son, I would beat his ass for being stupid. If this were my college aged son who was a potential D1 starting QB for that University and should absolutely know better and steer clear of this type of crap, I would beat the ever-lovin' **** out of him for being a complete and total idiot.
AughtThree
AG
quote:
What did they put in the water at A&M since I left? I wake up everyday and check TxAgs EXPECTING to see some holier than thou commentary from people who've never had any fun or made any mistakes in their lives now and it almost always delivers.

FIFY
zmurda
CSPD

I too was taken in for a fake ID...from my own house! We had a party my junior year and this retard of a cop notorious for creepily hiding and sneaking around corners to punish underage drinkers (hello, it's college you effing tool) comes in and searches everyone head to foot. I had a fake ID that I rarely used (because it wasn't even my face) in the back of my wallet and got taken in with 4 other dudes. Case dropped thank goodness...

Cops in towns with little to no crime to actually bust....terrible
oil_fielder
AG
Do all hopeful Aggie championship leaders REALLY need an illegal ID? Why?
OK. Why would the Portland gun carrier not cooperate with his police department, period?

[This message has been edited by oil_fielder (edited 6/29/2012 11:55a).]
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Why would the Portland gun carrier not cooperate with the cop if he is innocent?

He's not innocent. He wasnt accused of anything!

He was illegally stopped and detained

You shouldnt have to worry about being stopped by and having to identifying yourself to police just because you exist. Some sort of law breaking or suspicious activity has to occur.

Its like being pulled over for eating a hamburger. Neither carrying a gun or eating a hamburger is illegal in that state (yet).

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 11:55a).]
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video800.php?v=wshh9uupF06WWu97tcLT&set_size=1
should not and did not have to show ID, heres an example of a law student sticking it to a cop, Know your rights!

Love it.
always gig em
AG
ok people......seriously, not condoning it, but YOU HAVE TO KNOW these guys are like rock stars. when someone who aint you sees you out they prolly wanna take a shot at you ex: damontre awhile back. gives em instant "cred" as the homies would say.

sumlin will run him till he pukes, only johnny effin football doesnt puke. the ground will wither away beneath him instead.

oh, and we're in the SEC in 2 days, people. only tough guys need apply.

StevenMitchell267
Does anyone else think if this were the QB from another school (tu, BU, tceh, etc.), we would be slamming the guy and school like crazy, but in this case some folks here are spinning it like it's no big deal?

Not saying it IS a big deal, but just pointing out the double-standard.
Lateralus Ag
AG
I think if it were a whorn, etc. some dbags would be, well, dbags....but I also think a lot of us would just make fun of them.....

zmurda
that video was awesome.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
Does anyone else think if this were the QB from another school (tu, BU, tceh, etc.), we would be slamming the guy and school like crazy, but in this case some folks here are spinning it like it's no big deal?

I can promise you if this happens at another school, nobody is arguing about the legality of the search and seizure of said fake ID...
Ragnar Danneskjold
I would defend the Constitutional protections and God-given rights of longhorns, if they were people.
oil_fielder
AG
Do all hopeful Aggie championship leaders REALLY need an illegal ID? Why?

OK. Why would the Portland gun carrier not cooperate with his police department, period?

[This message has been edited by oil_fielder (edited 6/29/2012 11:55a).]
SigAg6
AG
Swag!
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Why would the Portland gun carrier not cooperate with his police department, period?

Because he was being ILLEGALLY stopped and detained for no reason. The cop was breaking the law.

I dont know how else to say it.

The way I see it, he did cooperate. That cop was in over his head and the kid stopped him before he did something he was going to regret. It was clear the cop was used to apathetic citizenry who didnt really care about their rights. To meet any violation of your rights with cooperation is abhorrent to me.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 12:18p).]
StevenMitchell267
I hope Manziel texts his attorney:

"schedule release date"
Raptor
AG
It begins...
brotherruss
BJ-

Apples and oranges brah...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.