Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Football (Manziel) Arrested

54,883 Views | 344 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bodhi
aggie_2001_2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To anyone who had a fake ID before 21, you were just too damn stupid to get someone else to buy your alcohol for you.

How helpless can you be to think you needed a fake ID to get alcohol? I partied it up and drank a lot in college, even under age. But I didn't need to be a flaming homo who thought they needed a fake ID in order to get it.
Sex Panther
AG
^ He wanted to go to a bar you dipsh-t.
LaurAg
And how did that work out for him???

Laura
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
And how did that work out for him???

That's not the point I'm addressing. Having a fake ID doesn't make you a "flaming homo" or "helpless". It means you want to go out and drink socially. Against the rules? Yeah, but about every other kid under 21 has/had one.

And yes I agree it was stupid of him to get in a fight and put him self in that situation... He is not the average A&M student. But having a fake ID isn't pathetic and gay like this guy is saying.
justalurkers
At least now people will get off his nuts with the Johnny Football crap for the time being.
Old Wooden Ship
AG
quote:
At least now people will get off his nuts with the Johnny Football crap for the time being.
this
LaurAg
I never had a fake ID & I promise you I didn't miss one iota of fun during college.

Richt took about 2 minutes to jettison Crowell yesterday. Sumlin should've had some sort of comment by now. The whole world is watching...

Laura
The Newbish Enigma
AG
Crowell also was charged with multiple felonies. There is a big difference between these two.
WolfCall
AG
He gets to play at Kyle Field on Saturdays (beginning this fall); he is held to a higher standard. He is a QB; that position requires being at the right place at the right time and avoiding the wrong place at the wrong time - on and off the field.
WolfCall
AG
Also, he has a greater risk of problems with a fake ID than non-football players, so his cost benefit analysis for carrying a fake ID should have precluded he carry one (or two - with!)
Token
AG
quote:
I never had a fake ID & I promise you I didn't miss one iota of fun during college.
jeremyd
AG
Whatever happened to the Aggie Code of Honor? I guess it doesn't apply to athletes.
viva torrente
quote:
Richt took about 2 minutes to jettison Crowell yesterday. Sumlin should've had some sort of comment by now. The whole world is watching..

quote:
Crowell also was charged with multiple felonies. There is a big difference between these two.

Not too mention, Crowell has had multiple suspensions since he arrived at UGA.

Of course, if laurag had to distinguish between the two, then she couldn't engage in her passive aggressive trolling.
Blaser270
zmurda hit the nail on the head. I spent 35 years in the business. Calling most cops losers would be an understatement. No doubt we had some awesome officers who were in it for the right reasons and did their job. But we had more losers and jackazzes than good ones. Most are on a power trip and enjoy jacking up the public. Especially jacking up young people who are defenseless to their actions. Nothing thrills them more than making an arrest that could potentially destroy someone's career.

The slogan used to be "Protect and Serve". Now the new breed might as well adopt one that says "Harass, fine, jail and screw with." I seldom tell people what I did for a living these days. Most are bitter and resent law enforcement because of the officers they've encountered and you can't blame them. The departments promote the harassment attitude by demanding citations (purely a revenue gimmick) and arrest to justify hiring more to do the same. You have to have statistics to keep what you have and to beg the city fathers or administration (if a University) for more people and more equipment. Most of today’s ‘street cops’ couldn’t detect a fart in a paper bag. But they can make your life miserable and cost you a lot of money.

And I didn't even mention the ones that are in it for the women. They are convinced that any woman they lay their eyes on should be theirs for the taking. That is small town hicks as well as their big city compadres...

[This message has been edited by Blaser270 (edited 7/1/2012 12:47a).]
LaurAg
Yeah Viva & there's also a big difference between "jettison" & "some sort of comment".
If you don't think Sumlin should even comment on the situation then say so, but if you think my post stated that the exact same punishment was in order, you really need to read slower or something.

This story has been all over the national outlets, & most coaches comment pretty quickly one way or another in these situations. Being a new coach on the major stage of college football, of course the media is waiting to report whatever he says with much anticipation & my point was that he doesn't want to appear indecisive on this.

Laura
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Must be nothing else going on tonight to keep this thread alive.
gamck
hyman tweet.."no problem ags, i also have experience with this situation. garcia taught me well".
bbigfish
didn't he get in a fight in Austin a few weeks ago on 6th street and got a nice black eye??

Sounds like he just needs to be moved to defensive back so he can hit somebody! If he is still on the team............??

viva torrente
quote:
If you don't think Sumlin should even comment on the situation then say so, but if you think my post stated that the exact same punishment was in order, you really need to read slower or something.

Read your post again.

quote:
Richt took about 2 minutes to jettison Crowell yesterday. Sumlin should've had some sort of comment by now. The whole world is watching.

It seems to me you were either trying to troll or equivocate the two situations.

You were not talking about Sumlin commenting as much as trying to compare the two situations, which are not really the same.

You can try to semantic your way out of that statement but that is how it comes across.
CrottyKid
AG
Sumlin did comment.
KingAgWhami
AG
quote:
But I didn't need to be a flaming homo who thought they needed a fake ID in order to get it.

What a ridiculous statement. I never had a fake ID. I had friends who did though. I partied and had a great time in college. But to consider it gay to have a fake ID is laughable. LOLwut
ConfidentAg
AG
Fake ID's are a means to an end. Stop whining you fun suckers.
LaurAg
You mean that's how you misinterpreted it Viva.
You obviously have some sort of reading comprehension problem. I'm the one that wrote it, so please don't tell me that "it seems to you" it meant something other than exactly what I said. It wasn't that complicated (for most people)

Laura
viva torrente
quote:
You mean that's how you misinterpreted it Viva.
You obviously have some sort of reading comprehension problem. I'm the one that wrote it, so please don't tell me that "it seems to you" it meant something other than exactly what I said. It wasn't that complicated (for most people)

You obviously have some sort of writing problem because I am going to put what you wrote here again.

quote:
Richt took about 2 minutes to jettison Crowell yesterday. Sumlin should've had some sort of comment by now. The whole world is watching.

That is a comparison of actions between the two coaches in two very different situations. Again, you can try to semantic your way out of it but it came across as a troll or something along those lines.

And as someone pointed out, Sumlin DID comment on the arrest.

http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2012/06/qb-manziel-arrested-in-northgate-bar-district/

quote:
“I’ve been made aware of the situation with Johnny Manziel,” Sumlin said in a statement. “We’re gathering all the facts and will handle the situation once we have all of the information. We’re disappointed with his actions and this is out of character for Johnny.”

Take some of that vaunted reading comprehension and read the article, which came out before your trollish little comment.

[This message has been edited by viva torrente (edited 7/5/2012 9:57p).]
Eyebrows of Doom!
AG
This thread is too damn long!
VatoLocoAggie
For the NA guy asking about JFF's minor "non-issue" arrest as a student. Wasn't a big deal. Look at the violent victim crimes of other teams. Heck Fatterson and Gaylor suspend their players for one series against non-conference cupcakes for rapes, DUI's, and violent assault crimes.

Tired of JFF being targeted.
Zip 88
Fluffy!
VatoLocoAggie
quote:
Fluffy!

The comedian? That dude is hilarious. The Fat and the Furious.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Heard from a buddy of mine that he caused all kinds of trouble back in high school. Was always the life of the party and did a lot of stupid things. I hope this makes him a bit more mature.
phatpat21
Ragnar
Bodhi
AG
quote:
damn. Suspend him Sumlin. nip all jackassery in the bud.

Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.