Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field Renovation Ideas

129,332 Views | 434 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by bigangrytexan
mynameishowardbender
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sexy. How long would such a reno take?
txaggiemp
Awesome. Just make the box around the scoreboard smaller.

"Assist, Protect, Defend"
Sugarwater
Really like the ideas, probably better than any others that I've seen. Good job.

I know that the exterior is the least of our concerns (as far as facade goes) when dealing with the functionality of an expanded & remodeled Kyle.

With that said, I do like this quote:

"- New facade on all sides (brought the arches back from the 20's)"

Is that done with brick or what is your idea for the material on that? I do like the idea of a new/matching facade.
lb3
AG
dabo man
AG
There are no lights?!? Are we stuck with all day games as the new kid in the SEC?!?
J.D.
AG
Am I the only one that doesn't like this at all?
BearkatRunner88
AG
this is awesome!
StrangeLuv
AG
Nice job, but...
quote:
I'd rather see a mirror image of the Zone on the South end and the video screens in the corners...

I like symmetry in stadiums. I don't like the rise in the bottom deck of the south end zone. I prefer more seating to sky boxes.
TennesseeVol
Coming over with us is going to be a great imputus for upgrading Kyle. Mr. Engineer, what's the seating capacity on that?
toooombs
AG
FAIL! Goal lines aren't yellow!
rcb05
AG
quote:
I like symmetry in stadiums. I don't like the rise in the bottom deck of the south end zone. I prefer more seating to sky boxes.

The waiting list for suites and our years of not selling out regular seats disagrees with you.
TennesseeVol
They are taking out from 4,000-5,000 seats in Neyland for 'special' seating. Said they can make some good revenue from the nose-in-the-air folks. I don't see how we will ever be able to put 109,000+ in there again.
aggieband 83
AG
South end zone needs as many seats as North end zone. Capacity is 100,000+ that way.
halfastros81
AG
Greta job OP. One suggestion. Close off the opening between the zone and the east and west stands to keep the noise bouncing around in the stadium.
Fabius
AG
No. 4th deck or nothing.
RedRider
Very cool. I like that it's not completely closed in which could restrict air flow and make it even hotter.
wagnermoblie
AG
Awesome, very good job OP. Epic post for a rook!
SwampFox
Best I've seen so far.

For all the "close the corners" folks... You do realize that the E and W side decks aren't level with eachother, right? There are W side suites between the decks so there will never be a uniform wrap-around look on the N side.
Blanco Ag
AG
Looks great! I hope something like this happens!

How many will this design fit?
hatchback
AG
Don't like it.

I don't like the GIANT walls between the original first deck and the added first deck. There's got to be a better way to make that transition.
ghlc93
Unless they implode the east and west stands and raise an entirely new stadium , don't waste the money... Just gold plating a turd. The original 1920s first deck structure was beautiful, but the add ons look like *****
HeadGames
AG
wow, amazing! Where can I donate to the cause!
STAGGIE
SchizoAg
AG
Wow, that looks like it was a lot of work. Great job. Looks much better than the current stadium.

The walls in the corners containing the arches look artificially tacked on. They have no clear purpose.

Instead, you could
  • Increase the height of the corner arches to match the other arches.
  • Extend the arches all the way to the ground, so it looks like an aqueduct.
  • Run the concourse over the aqueduct.
  • Maybe curve the aqueduct instead of using a straight 45-degree angle.
KDM 99
Looks great!
Touchdown There!
AG
Nice work!
aggiehawg
AG
WOWZA! That is magnificent! If money were no object, I'd go for that.
BrightAg13
AG
First of all, we dont need a replicated zone in the south endzone, we need more suites because that is where the money is made, also that looks like a 95000 seat stadium, which is right where it should be. Personally, I like everything about it.

edit: capacity said at ~105000+

[This message has been edited by BrightAg13 (edited 10/10/2011 9:47p).]
maroon man
S
like alot of it but something about it feels a tad claustrophobic? Not sure how to put my finger on it. Also, the outside corner areas (4) things look weird.

Scoreboard/screen needs to be bigger-looks closed in. And more color around screen. Too generic.

Sublette County
AG
Very cool. I like the walkways connecting the East and West stands to the Zone. Makes the Zone look less out of place than it presently does.
Gap
AG
awesome
monarch
S
Lets get the fund started to build this thing.

I'll put 50.00 in to start; next ?
Scotch
AG
A lot of good things with this plan, keep up the very nice work!

A few questions/comments:

Why not extend the lower bowl to the south as opposed to the raised seating?

I assume this is a total demo/rebuild of the east and west seats? I'm all for that but I wonder if some commenting realize this.

Is the track kept solely for march-in? I'd think we could adapt that tradition, borrow from Army and do a march-on or some other way to showcase the Corps.

If removing the tunnels and having a main concourse works north, east and west, why not south?

[This message has been edited by Scotch (edited 10/10/2011 10:34p).]
BQZip01
AG
I offer the following:

1. Make an overhang that provides shade in the brutal early fall games and redirects sound down onto the field. I will happily donate my time as an engineering grad to help design such a feature.

2. Do NOT make "the wall" as depicted. It looks awful. Run the seats right up to the edge of the field like in the zone.

3. Connect the seating in the corners to provide MORE sound retention.

4. Light the friggin' letters!

quote:
There are W side suites between the decks so there will never be a uniform wrap-around look on the N side.

Screw uniformity on the connection. Just connect them! Somehow we managed just fine on first deck

Oh, #5!

5. Put in the luxury suites above third deck and make them wrap around completely. I see no reason we can't make the stadium seat 120-140k+

Edit: add

[This message has been edited by BQZip01 (edited 10/10/2011 10:05p).]
ChrisTAMU
AG
I love it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.