Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field Renovation Ideas

128,959 Views | 434 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by bigangrytexan
SEC-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
...I think Populous has a pretty good handle on stadiums. They've got a bit more experience with them than say, oh, users on Texags.

Populous knows stadiums, but for the project really succeed they also need to learn a lot about Aggies. I'm sure they would be the first to agree). Yes they know what they're doing, but this thread would still be worth their time to read.

The give & take here (from passionate Ags who have been going to games here for many years), actually surfaces lots of subtleties about Kyle and our gameday that we really appreciate (or take for granted), and nuances about the stadium that may contribute to the sum being more than its parts at Kyle. It's good for Aggies to dissect what is really special, versus what we can take-or-leave. That kind of stuff isn't obvious, especially to outsiders who may have never even been to a game at Kyle.

By the way, are you still out there Kceo?
AGAZ03
AG
Yeah but remember what happened to the last guy that " got" A&M.
Barnacle
AG
SECAg,

I feel pretty confident in saying that their staff will probably be at several games this year.

Now, more to your point, I hope that they get out of the fat cat sections and go stand with the students, sit with the band, fire the cannon with Parsons, etc, and actually "experience" Kyle Field from many different perspectives.

...and if they could figure out a way to get us old Ags participating more that would be a huge bonus

quote:
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

- Jack Handey

Raggy09
superunknown
AG
quote:
Populous knows stadiums, but for the project really succeed they also need to learn a lot about Aggies

I didn't even realize you were quoting an old post of mine at first, but I'd still like to respond.

Imagine hearing (while Populous/HOK was working on, say, Heinz Field) "They need to learn a lot about Steelers." Or while working on TCF Bank Stadium "They need to learn a lot about Gophers."

Seems kinda silly, right?

While I love our strength and loyalty as an Aggie culture, it sometimes bothers me that we think to succeed, we have to "get Aggies" or someone needs to "get A&M" and I'd rather have someone that "gets stadiums" or "gets football" than someone who "gets A&M" especially when our recent track record* isn't so good in some of those areas.

*Not our literal track record, which is quite good under Coach Henry.
85AustinAg
AG
I don't think some of you guys realize what a small % of the A&M alumni / fan base is represented in the zoo. Populous doesn't need to look at this thread to figure anything out.
Knightag06
AG
What we need to dore more than anything is: BUILD FOR SOUND.

We have one of the loudest fan bases in the nation (at least out student section, anyway). We need to construct the stadium to hold resonate that sound down onto the field so that it deafens people. I'm tired of hearing about Oregon's stadium being on of the loudest in the nation... pack 30K A&M students into a stadium built for sound and I bet it blows everyone out the water.
TyHolden
AG
pac-northwest teams like to cheat and pump sound from their boom-boxes!
terata
AG
Not sure why so many of you think "openings" at the corners of the field is a good idea. The sound from the student sections could be enhanced if you enclosed the open corners.

[This message has been edited by terata (edited 9/26/2012 4:23p).]
BearkatRunner88
AG
Sumlin told populous that the only thing he cared about was making the place as loud as possible
Raggy09
AG

This looks similar to some of the designs the OP posted. Maybe he knew...
Dr RC
Populous dumps our Soviet era architecture!!!

This cannot be!!!
Scotch
AG
I still like these plans. I hope New Kyle is at least as good as the plans the OP had.
AgsWin2011
AG
I wonder if beating Bama and some of our university officials seeing Bryant-Denny in person this weekend will have any effect on the direction we go! I really hope we tear down and build new from ground up and also hope for 100k plus! I don't see us tearing down the zone, but build around it! Cannot freaking wait for the future of Texas A&M football! Big thanks to Bowtie and Sumlin! And not to mention Johnny Football! The future is FINALLY bright!

[This message has been edited by The Lopper (edited 11/11/2012 11:06p).]
Beveille
AG

bigangrytexan
AG
I like it Freek!

------------------------------
But I'm really such a nice guy!

хороший бык

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.