Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field Renovation Ideas

129,315 Views | 434 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by bigangrytexan
OhMyGracious!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just think it needs a big screen on each end, for the difficulty of seeing from the endzone. or maybe a huge one on one end and smaller one on the other
DevilD77
AG
I remember seeing some renderings and discussions about having video screens at all four corners after they build the South Zone.
TexasAgs
"Rebuild Kyle Field in Place, in Stages."
TexasAgs
nm

[This message has been edited by TexasAgs (edited 1/28/2012 1:23p).]
Yell Practice
The Indigo rendering on this thread is the very best I have seen yet! Very good plan, IMO.
ConfidentAg
AG
I can dream...
J.D.
AG
JoniG
AG
More please!
Sharpshooter
DevilD77
AG
Good try JD but how does the Corps march in to that field?
J.D.
AG
They enlarge one of the corner tunnels to accommodate it?
MontanaAg11
AG
Bump! Paging OP
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Ok this may or may not be a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyways.... IS there even enough room to build up in the south end zone? The Bright Football Complex seems in the way IMO.
clintron
AG
They built Bright with the intention of adding a south endzone. There are pictures on one of the earlier pages with a drawing of the future plans when the zone and then bright were built.
deceptivespeed14
AG
can't decide what I'm looking at in JD's pic.
deserteagle
JD, put it in the golf course.
txf15crewchief
AG
I think the A&M Foundation building would have to go for JD's plan to work. At least he tore down G Rollie...
swingandawhiff
AG
"No ramps between the east/west sides and the Zone. Keep students and low lifes out of the Zone!"
ramps would most likely bring some life to the zone since as of its building it has been as dead as a doorknob...
fat_cat_ags
AG
jd's plan won't work. they just started construction on the player development center and they will soon begin reconfiguring the entrance off George Bush to the foundation so it will lead right up to the statue of Crow in front of bright and adjacent to the development center.
BrightAg13
AG
I would love to watch track from the nosebleeds
C-ya @ the Chicken
AG
WOW for that Photoshop with a new stadium south of Bright. I'm guessing that it is showing the idea to keep the old Zone for soccer and/or outdoor track. That is really cool. It's STILL Dean Kyle's land and it could still be called Kyle Field.
BQZip01
AG
thread bump
Raggy09
AG
OP WHERE ARE YOU?
BrightAg13
AG
Does anyone else think it is stupid to use the zone as a track stadium?

Nevermind this is the zoo.
KC Aggie
AG
Need a space for Bonfire!

"There's a force in the universe that makes things happen; all you have to do is get in touch with it. Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the ball."

Ag8086
AG
If their going to play in it for 100 years like Miles Marks of 12th Man Foundation said, then tear down the sides and build from scratch, connect it to the Zone and have a large bowl that seats 100,000+. With wider seats and all of the clubs / suites needed for revenue, this is what it will take. End result should be the best stadium in the country, oh, I forgot it might cost 1/2 billion or more...
Aggies
Looks Good!

lukin8878
That stadium is not gonna happen. That is just lipstick on a giant turd bucket.
Mike88Ag
AG
quote:
If their going to play in it for 100 years like Miles Marks of 12th Man Foundation said, then tear down the sides and build from scratch, connect it to the Zone and have a large bowl that seats 100,000+. With wider seats and all of the clubs / suites needed for revenue, this is what it will take. End result should be the best stadium in the country, oh, I forgot it might cost 1/2 billion or more...

I'll be very disappointed if the renovation/rebuild doesn't cost at LEAST a half billion bucks.
2wealfth Man
AG
Need to make sure that Populous gets a look at this thread and some of the good concepts herein. One of the issues I am having with the process is that they are going to have design renderings and options in the early fall timeframe. I would think it would be necessary for Populous to see Kyle Field as it is during gametime. You have to experience something like that live to get an order for the magnitude of the noise and characteristics of Kyle.
ConfidentAg
AG
Build it and they will come..
superunknown
AG
quote:

Need to make sure that Populous gets a look at this thread and some of the good concepts herein

...I think Populous has a pretty good handle on stadiums. They've got a bit more experience with them than say, oh, users on Texags.
SeaAg010607
What about swapping Kyle Field with Spence Park? That would only involve relocating two houses and Pat Henry would have one heck of a track and field complex.
91AggieLawyer
AG
> > Does anyone else think it is stupid to use the zone as a track stadium?<<

Why would it be stupid? You could also make it a soccer complex and leave things open to add field hockey/lacrosse if that ever came about.

However, I don't think it works due to the space between Bright and G Bush.

Nice try, JD.
BrightAg13
AG
quote:
I would love to watch track from the nosebleeds

[This message has been edited by BrightAg13 (edited 4/20/2012 12:27a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.