Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

***2023 Weight Loss Thread***

24,711 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by aggiegolfer03
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gained way too much weight over the last two years. After transitioning from Active Duty to the reserves, it has been quite the lifestyle change as far as physical fitness. I'm ready to get back in shape and have no more excuses.

January 1st, 2023: 230lbs
Goal Weight: 190lbs by December 31st

I think I can lose 40 pounds sooner that that however I struggle with consistency. So my goal is to be truly down to 190lbs going into 2024.

Lets get it Ags!
Corn Pop
Good luck

Highest weight ever was 530 lbs. When I was playing ball in college I was 300 lbs. My healthy weight is around 250 lbs. I got down to 350 from my heaviest right before Covid in 2020 then **** hit the fan and I've been trending in the wrong direction since. Highest I saw after regaining weight was 470 lbs.

Wife lost 85 lbs last year and is looking damn good. I need to get myself in gear.

Current weight: 440 lbs
June goal weight: 365 lbs
End of year goal weight: 320 lbs
southernboy1
AG
I've been following these threads for a couple years and this year y'all have me inspired. Currently 192 goal to 180. I know that's not a lot but I've tried this before and hit 184 only to hit a wall. I was 205 before health issues. I'm in!
aggiederelict
I started early this year to get a jump start at the beginning of December. All of this done with almost exclusively diet changes and reducing alcohol.

Dec 1st weight: 225
Jan 1st weight: 215

Goal weight: 200 lbs by end of March. Will begin to add in some resistance training as well.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I guess I'll join in on this thread. I've been on the roller coaster for 20 years, so why not see if I can start a downslope again. I went keto at the beginning of 2021 and ended up losing almost 60 pounds. I got in much better shape so I could go climb a mountain and not die. Of course, I fell back off the wagon and ballooned back up over the last year to where I was at the beginning of 2021.

As much as I've tried, I've never been able to reach my goal weight, but here's to getting back in the fight. I started back at the gym last night and I'm going to try to transition back to keto because it worked really well for me when I stayed on the regimen.

1/2/2023 weight: 250
Goal weight: 185
swampstander
AG

I'm in. In Jan of 2014 I weighed around 290 eating the SAD diet and consuming about a case of beer a week. I knew I needed to lose weight and started trying with no real plan but managed to shed a few lbs. In March of that year I came across Mark Sisson's website. His program made sense to me so I started loosely following it. The fat melted away and by Jan of 2015 I was under 200. I leveled off at about 190 in the spring of that year with my lowest measured weight being 188. I felt great but my GP told me he thought I needed to add a few lbs back. I bounced around 200 for the next few years then old habits crept back in and the weight slowly started coming back. It's back to Sisson's website for me.

Current weight: 225
Goal Weight: Under 200 by June 1... wish me luck.
MarathonAg12
How often are you guys weighing your self and what time of day?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
In, again. I stayed between 168-172 during the spring and fall running season but fell off the wagon over the holidays. Weighed 186.8 yesterday.

My goal for my spring marathon is 155 (I'm 6 foot, so going for the Kipchoge look, lol.)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Generally daily, first thing in the morning, because I don't have the willpower not to look. (Depending on your body size, water weight can easily make you fluctuate 2-5 pounds.)

Usually people would post weekly on Monday in previous years, but you do you. Whatever motivates you.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
swampstander said:

The fat melted away and by Jan of 2015 I was under 200. I leveled off at about 190 in the spring of that year with my lowest measured weight being 188. I felt great but my GP told me he thought I needed to add a few lbs back.
Huh? Unless you're over 6'8", 188 pounds is a normal BMI.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Gained 20 lbs last year. Even more considering the muscle mass that was lost due to not being able to lift.

201 to start the year.
Take the trash out staff.
Ryan the Temp
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

I weigh myself every morning when I get up, but after I pee. This generally assures that I'm weighing myself under the same conditions each day.
KidDoc
AG
207 after Las Vegas trip, I was running 199-201 after stopping Wegovy in November. Down to 205 already this morning..Back to the grind!

And if you are BMI > 30 please please ask your PCP about Wegovy or Mounjaro- they legit work nearly miraculous.

ETA: I was about 240 prior to starting Wegovy 11/2021.
BadMoonRisin
AG
same stats as you OP. Up about 15lbs in the past year, looking to get back to where I was in march 2020, sub200. Dry January underway.

Shooting for <215 by Memorial day
Ryan the Temp
AG
KidDoc said:

207 after Las Vegas trip, I was running 199-201 after stopping Wegovy in November. Down to 205 already this morning..Back to the grind!

And if you are BMI > 30 please please ask your PCP about Wegovy or Mounjaro- they legit work nearly miraculous.

What did you end up paying for Wegovy? It's seems insanely expensive at about $400 per week.
swampstander
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

swampstander said:

The fat melted away and by Jan of 2015 I was under 200. I leveled off at about 190 in the spring of that year with my lowest measured weight being 188. I felt great but my GP told me he thought I needed to add a few lbs back.
Huh? Unless you're over 6'8", 188 pounds is a normal BMI.
I did'nt say that I agreed with him. I'm 6'4" btw.
KidDoc
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

KidDoc said:

What did you end up paying for Wegovy? It's seems insanely expensive at about $400 per week.
$25 a month with insurance.
Ryan the Temp
AG
My insurance doesn't cover it.
KidDoc
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Ours changed this year from covering Wegovy to Mounjaro. I would ask your doc to try both and they will likely have to do a prior authorization which a lot of docs are too lazy to do.

Howard Roark
AG
I'm in! I've gained 25+ pounds over the last 16 months. Currently at 27.5% body fat, looking to get to under 20% by June if that's even possible. I'm 38 and this is the first time in my life I've ever been considered overweight.
Ryan the Temp
AG
KidDoc said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Ours changed this year from covering Wegovy to Mounjaro. I would ask your doc to try both and they will likely have to do a prior authorization which a lot of docs are too lazy to do.

Mounjaro is covered with prior authorization.
MarathonAg12
Just finished my run and boy was this a wake up call.

I am doing a 7 Week Program designed by Mountain Tactical Institute. I have done other plans by them for military training and prep. Good stuff.

It will be tougher before it gets better.
KidDoc
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

KidDoc said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Mounjaro is covered with prior authorization.
Good because the weight loss data with Mounjaro is even better than Wegovy!

Wegovy, Ozempic & Mounjaro: Newest Weight Loss Drugs - Dr. Richard Lipman M.D. (richardlipmanmd.com)
double fault
I wish to join in. I'm looking to lose about a 100 total.
Current: 280
Goal: 180

I am 6'1" 37 years old. I'm thinking this effort could take me the better part of 2 years, though with discipline could be shorter. I'd really like to be under 240 by August, I feel that should be doable. Going to have to make some big changes. I've really done terribly the last couple years. I have probably written checks that can't be paid and that will show up sometime soon. No stranger to exercise, but my diet is pretty awful

I usually weigh in on Saturdays in the morning. See ya for the next check in

Bunk Moreland
Started 2022 at 279. Got as low as 248. Finished the year at 258.

June Goal: 230

EOY Goal: below 220

Getting back exercising with more consistency. Weights & cardio. Reducing alcohol & diet soda consumption, increasing water.

Not going to go back full keto but basically stripping out carbs anywhere and everywhere outside of a couple meals a week. Time to finish off the last 7 beers in the fridge from the holidays and have a clean start. I usually post Monday mornings.

LFG.
Diggity
AG
double fault said:

I wish to join in. I'm looking to lose about a 100 total.
Current: 280
Goal: 180

I am 6'1" 37 years old. I'm thinking this effort could take me the better part of 2 years, though with discipline could be shorter. I'd really like to be under 240 by August, I feel that should be doable. Going to have to make some big changes. I've really done terribly the last couple years. I have probably written checks that can't be paid and that will show up sometime soon. No stranger to exercise, but my diet is pretty awful

I usually weigh in on Saturdays in the morning. See ya for the next check in

I'm an inch taller and my heaviest was closer to 260 but I had a very similar goal a couple years ago.

It can be done. I got down to 185 or so and fluctuate around 190-195 these days.

I've mentioned it before, but reading "Bigger, Leaner, Stronger" by Mike Matthews was a big help for me. It's not rocket science but I liked the way the info/advice was presented so it resonated well for me.

If you want to see real progress, tracking your calories in is critical. You'll need a food scale at the beginning so you can figure out what your portions really are vs. where they need to be. Silly things like how much dry cereal is a "serving" can be eye opening.

Once you hit your target, you won't have to be as religious about weighing food and keeping a strict diet (as long as you have a good weight/cardio routine backing you up) but during the initial period, you need to be all-in.

Good luck to you! I look back at old pictures now and don't recognize myself. It's a good feeling being on the other end now. Wish I had done it sooner.
yippee2
AG
I came to this thread hoping to see if anyone is using ozempic? Four people in my family are on it including me. Everyone is loosing with relatively few side affect except me. The side affect for me is diarrhea and that's not fun
Buck Compton
AG
Somehow got back to 250 lbs this year. Yikes. Work and a lack of discipline sure can be a *****.

Target back to 200 this year and back to 185 or so to be back at my ideal weight. Will try to update once per month or so and keep up with this thread.

Hawaii trip in July and want to have a lot of it off by then. In my experience I'll plateau from a number perspective for about 6 weeks around 220 as muscle builds back up.
KidDoc
AG
yippee2 said:

I came to this thread hoping to see if anyone is using ozempic? Four people in my family are on it including me. Everyone is loosing with relatively few side affect except me. The side affect for me is diarrhea and that's not fun
Wegovy and ozympic are the same drug just different dose. I haven't seen many reports of diarrhea more constipation so hopefully not related.
Ryan the Temp
AG
yippee2 said:

You might try adding Metamucil or another psyllium fiber supplement. I'm taking Ally (Orlistat 60 mg). One of its side effects is oily or loose stools. When I started taking it, it was recommended that I take a double dose of Metamucil regularly to help with that problem. In my experience, that has solved that problem. I just chug it down before bed every night. fwiw, I personally prefer the store brand over Metamucil.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
In. Trying to get down to 200. Will weight myself in the am to get a good starting point.
StringerBell
AG
Started 2022 at 224

Weighed in at 189.8 today

Goal is 16% body fat

Let's get it. This is the damn year we get this **** done.
TexAgs1992
Current Weight: 210

Goal: 185 by July 4

Been working out 5-6x/week for the last two years but built much more muscle which has kept my weight at 210. Benching 225, squatting 315, and deadlifting 315 at this point. Cutting out carbs for the first two months of the year to see if that helps with the belly fat loss to get down to 185 and I am very lean everywhere across my body other than my belly.
txaggie_08
AG
Currently 205, hoping to get back down to 185 by summer.

Since sophomore year of college, I have always been a steady 175 pounds. In 2019-2020, got up to 185, and then got married in '21, baby in '22 and added on another 20 lbs. Time to get that all back off.
kbw01
AG
I have been on this thread for a few years and I peter off. I have been too heavy for too long, but after retiring from Active duty in OCT 21 i went from 235ish to 280.

Height 6'1"
Goal Weight: 190
Weight:
26DEC22 - 280

Run Marine Corps Marathon in under 5 hours
Kyle

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.