Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

***2023 Weight Loss Thread***

24,190 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiegolfer03
hbc07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I'm about bottoming out on the amount of change I can make by just limiting booze. There's probably some amount of snacking I could cut, but not sure it would amount to too much. I suppose now I'm just going to try and maintain. Had a physical in the last month. HDL/LDL were 52/87. My train is generally on the right track.

Start: 170.2 @ 5'10"
Goal: 160
Bonus Goal: 155

1/3: 170.2
2/11: 166.8
3/19: 162.0

Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I'll play along.

Started this year seeing 200 on the scale for the first time since 2011. Not a good weight for me and it kicked my ass and put me back in my keeping healthy mindset.

Doing full week meal prep for Mon-Fri on Sunday evenings. Getting lots of my meal prep ideas off of Instagram. Only drinking vodka and bourbon and not nearly as often. No beer or wine. Haven't eaten out at all this year which was usually takeout or eating out 3-5x/wk. Walking 4-5miles/day (I have a cigar on my walks) and also the gym 4x/wk.

I'm fortunate that when I actually get in the mindset I can shed weight quickly. If I behave during Rodeo season, I can probably hit my 2nd goal by April. If not sooner. Getting back into the gym and comfortable is key for me as I ****ed up my shoulder a little over 4yrs ago and I'm still very cautious about getting back into weight training.

Male
5'8"

Starting 1/1 - 200lbs
Goal 1 - 180lbs by 3/16 (35th Birthday)
Goal 2 - 165lbs by Memorial Day

1/12 Wt. - 190lbs

1/22 Wt. - 187lbs

1/29 Wt. - 190lbs

Stupid ****ing conference this week for work.

I've traveled for a living and was able to keep my weight in check when I did. But I've barely traveled at all the last 3yrs due to COVID. Now it's just a matter of getting back into my rhythm. This conference was different than most of my trips because I saw so many people I have seen since Jan. 2020. Was hard to behave. I got pulled into drinks and apps. From noon until midnight for 3 nights straight.
Been awhile since I've popped in for an update. Got damn close to my goal 1 and weighed in at 184.5 on my birthday. I was shedding weight quickly (too quickly really) that first month and then a good bit of work travel started again that hurt my diet and workout routine. Stayed on a pretty decent plan while traveling since that first trip and actually stuck with intermittent fasting while traveling in Asia the last two weeks and that helped too. So I'm 15.5lbs down in the first ~11wks of the year. I'm pretty freaking happy with that.

With that in mind, going to adjust my goal 2 to 174ish for Memorial Day. Think another 10lbs in 7wks is doable. The 165 would be too aggressive I think.

3/16 Wt. 184.5lbs
MarathonAg12
Great job Irish!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Starting Weight as of 1/15/23: 257lbs

Goal Weight: 175lbs

Doing IFM six days/week with 20-hour fasts or longer. Running at least 30-minutes/day. No booze. Few, if any, sodas.

1/22/23: 253.6lbs (-3.4)
1/29/23: 250.2 (-3.4)
2/7/23: 248.4 (-1.8)

Missed a couple of runs and a couple of 24-hour fasts last week due to work events, so I'm glad I still dropped some. Back on the bus big time this week.
2/16/23: 243.8 (-4.6)

Pleased with progress over the past week and have dropped almost 15lbs in one month. My dress shirts, slacks, and jeans are notably looser-fitting.

Heading to Costa Rica for a long weekend with the wife and a few other couples, but planning to maintain some diligence.
3/1/23: 239.6 (-4.2)

Slow and steady progress. Now down slightly more than 20lbs from where I started on 1/9/23.

Had my first annual physical in 4 years last Friday. My Dr. was tongue-in-cheek betting me I couldn't get back to my goal of 175. I told him I'd prove him wrong when I see him this time next year.
3/21/23: 237.8 (-1.8)

March has been a hard month with a hectic work schedule and Spring Break, but I am still headed in the right direction.
MarathonAg12
Now 12 lbs lost in total!

Noticed a big difference when I stopped drinking. Go figure
HUEY04
AG
I guess I'll hop on this thread to help me track progress. I've always been a really big guy but have always stayed fairly active, mainly lifting 3-4 time/wk with some cardio before/after lifting a couple times a week. I've hovered mostly between 290-305 for years always wanting to lose a few but not mad at where I was.

When covid hit my activity level dropped to intermittent workouts and about 2 yrs ago I fell completely off the wagon. Well, back in early Jan after the holidays I noticed all of my clothes seemed to be shrinking and I was just feeling bloated. Around this time, I also got inspired to get back on the ski slopes, something I used to do every year, and that was my absolute favorite way to spend a vacation, but I knew I was in no way shape or form ready for that. I felt so crappy that I didn't even want to look at the scale but decided to do a strict 1,200 cal/day for 2 wks and see how I felt and then weigh in.

On Jan 28 I hopped on the scale expecting to see ~310 (and knowing that was softer without the lifting routine) but instead was shocked to see 335. Since then I've been counting every calorie, walking some, riding my exercise bike regularly, and I'm planning to get back in the gym this week.

This morning I weighed in at 304 for a loss of 31lbs over the past 8 wks.

I don't even know what my true goal is since I know I've lost a lot of muscle mass over the past couple years (before, my goal was always around 265-270). I'm thinking I would like to get to 240 by the end of the year and see where I want to go from there. I know that every pound I can lose will make all of the activities I enjoy that much easier and I want to be in shape to get the most out of every day on the snow since I've already paid a hefty deposit for a trip back to Telluride next Feb and I plan to keep my eye on that ball every day.
JYDog90
AG
Great story, Huey. And you've made a LOT of progress! Way to go!
Premium
AG
Probably wrong place for this, but funny. One donut is too many for me, I'll keep going:

Premium
AG
Started around Jan 20 and sidelined a bit on March 1st with a surgery. Back into it fully by now. Mediterranean diet that has a lot of Keto built into it. Sprouted bread only (Ezekiel), whole grains, beans, low to no red meat, a lot of fish, chicken, a ton of salads with olive oil / balsamic only. Also intermittent fasting by skipping breakfast and cut out almost all mid day or late night snacks.

Now I just need to layer in more cardio which I was doing more of prior to surgery.

HUEY04
AG
I started lifting again this week but was only able to squeeze in 3 sessions on the exercise bike while dealing with the soreness and stiffness from starting back into lifting.

01/28/23 - 335 lbs

03/25/23 - 304 lbs

03/31/23 - 299 lbs
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I'll play along.

Started this year seeing 200 on the scale for the first time since 2011. Not a good weight for me and it kicked my ass and put me back in my keeping healthy mindset.

Doing full week meal prep for Mon-Fri on Sunday evenings. Getting lots of my meal prep ideas off of Instagram. Only drinking vodka and bourbon and not nearly as often. No beer or wine. Haven't eaten out at all this year which was usually takeout or eating out 3-5x/wk. Walking 4-5miles/day (I have a cigar on my walks) and also the gym 4x/wk.

I'm fortunate that when I actually get in the mindset I can shed weight quickly. If I behave during Rodeo season, I can probably hit my 2nd goal by April. If not sooner. Getting back into the gym and comfortable is key for me as I ****ed up my shoulder a little over 4yrs ago and I'm still very cautious about getting back into weight training.

Male
5'8"

Starting 1/1 - 200lbs
Goal 1 - 180lbs by 3/16 (35th Birthday)
Goal 2 - 165lbs by Memorial Day

1/12 Wt. - 190lbs

1/22 Wt. - 187lbs

1/29 Wt. - 190lbs

Stupid ****ing conference this week for work.

I've traveled for a living and was able to keep my weight in check when I did. But I've barely traveled at all the last 3yrs due to COVID. Now it's just a matter of getting back into my rhythm. This conference was different than most of my trips because I saw so many people I have seen since Jan. 2020. Was hard to behave. I got pulled into drinks and apps. From noon until midnight for 3 nights straight.
Been awhile since I've popped in for an update. Got damn close to my goal 1 and weighed in at 184.5 on my birthday. I was shedding weight quickly (too quickly really) that first month and then a good bit of work travel started again that hurt my diet and workout routine. Stayed on a pretty decent plan while traveling since that first trip and actually stuck with intermittent fasting while traveling in Asia the last two weeks and that helped too. So I'm 15.5lbs down in the first ~11wks of the year. I'm pretty freaking happy with that.

With that in mind, going to adjust my goal 2 to 174ish for Memorial Day. Think another 10lbs in 7wks is doable. The 165 would be too aggressive I think.

3/16 Wt. 184.5lbs

3/31 Wt. 182lbs
Todd 02
AG
Todd 02 said:

Todd 02 said:

Todd 02 said:

January 1: 157 lbs, 145/90, 16.8% body fat

Goal*: ~140 lbs, under 120/80, 10% body fat
January 31: 146 lbs, 125/83, 14.3% body fat
February 28: 139 lbs, ???/??, 12.7% body fat

March 31: 135 lbs, 111/80, 11.9% body fat
Ronnie Woodard
AG
Ronnie Woodard said:

Ronnie Woodard said:

Jan 1: 193.4
Feb 1: 183.0

Completed dry January and really started to watch portion size, but didn't really change too much about what I was eating -- would stop at two pieces of pizza or half an order of pad thai instead of the full thing, and turn it into two meals instead of just one.

In the past, I typically would treadmill or walk myself into oblivion without changing too much about what I was eating but don't have the time to do that anymore. Seeing better results this time around and this feels a ton more sustainable than that which is great.

Hoping to get down and stay in the 170-175 range over the next couple of months.
Mar 1: 180.6

Leveled off a bit this month after being pretty relaxed with eating and drinking habits due to lots of celebrations/parties this month (my birthday, Super Bowl Sunday, Valentine's Day, friend's 30th Birthday) which should lighten up after a long weekend out of town this weekend.

Hoping to get outside a bit more and mix in more exercise this month with it starting to warm up a bit.

All in all, I'll take it!

Apr 1: 180.0

Didn't love my weight today as I popped high relative to where I've been lately but that's okay. Was down as low as 177.8 earlier this week. Really starting to notice the consistency of losing weight over time on the graph while still living my life and eating/drinking most of what I want (just in smaller portions) which makes it all feel sustainable. Here's to another month in the right direction!
MarathonAg12
January 1st: 230
Today: 218
JYDog90
AG
December 22: 204.5
April 1: 182.5

Noom is really working for me. I went to a gala last night and for the most part, skipped the dips and toasts and went for veggies and fruit. I don't believe I did it because I am "on a diet" but rather I wanted to do it.

Really encouraged today.

Bigfootisreal
Weighed in at 179 today! Down from 199.8 so officially down 20 lbs. Hoping to keep momentum up and drop another 10 pounds by year end.
TurboVelo
AG
9/1/22 236.1
10/1/22 220.0
11/1/22 209.9
12/1/22 201.1
1/1/23 197.9
2/1/23 189.7
3/1/23 181.0
4/1/23 175.9

I'm about 2 pounds from being the weight I was in my 20's.
Todd 02
AG
Todd 02 said:

Todd 02 said:

Todd 02 said:

Todd 02 said:

January 1: 157 lbs, 145/90, 16.8% body fat

Goal*: ~140 lbs, under 120/80, 10% body fat
January 31: 146 lbs, 125/83, 14.3% body fat
February 28: 139 lbs, ???/??, 12.7% body fat

March 31: 135 lbs, 111/80, 11.9% body fat

April 30: 132 lbs, ???/??, 11.2% body fat
Ronnie Woodard
AG
Ronnie Woodard said:

Ronnie Woodard said:

Ronnie Woodard said:

Completed dry January and really started to watch portion size, but didn't really change too much about what I was eating -- would stop at two pieces of pizza or half an order of pad thai instead of the full thing, and turn it into two meals instead of just one.

In the past, I typically would treadmill or walk myself into oblivion without changing too much about what I was eating but don't have the time to do that anymore. Seeing better results this time around and this feels a ton more sustainable than that which is great.

Hoping to get down and stay in the 170-175 range over the next couple of months.

Leveled off a bit this month after being pretty relaxed with eating and drinking habits due to lots of celebrations/parties this month (my birthday, Super Bowl Sunday, Valentine's Day, friend's 30th Birthday) which should lighten up after a long weekend out of town this weekend.

Hoping to get outside a bit more and mix in more exercise this month with it starting to warm up a bit.

Didn't love my weight today as I popped high relative to where I've been lately but that's okay. Was down as low as 177.8 earlier this week. Really starting to notice the consistency of losing weight over time on the graph while still living my life and eating/drinking most of what I want (just in smaller portions) which makes it all feel sustainable. Here's to another month in the right direction!

May 1: 179.0

Another month in the correct direction, albeit just barely. Going back home for about a week late in the month due to a death in the family and the eating and drinking that came with it kind of threw things for a wrench over the past 10 days or so. Quickly shed a bit of it once we were back and able to put more thought into things, so hopefully that trend will continue the next few days.

Ronnie Woodard
AG
Ronnie Woodard said:

Ronnie Woodard said:

Ronnie Woodard said:

Ronnie Woodard said:

Another month in the correct direction, albeit just barely. Going back home for about a week late in the month due to a death in the family and the eating and drinking that came with it kind of threw things for a wrench over the past 10 days or so. Quickly shed a bit of it once we were back and able to put more thought into things, so hopefully that trend will continue the next few days.

June 1: 177.8

Another month technically in the correct direction but have stagnated quite a bit. Will be traveling quite a bit over the next two months, so we'll see how that plays into things.

bushytailed
AG
I'm late to the party this year. Officially starting Wegovy today. I'd be happy with 15 pounds but I'd prefer to lose the 30 that piled on over the last two years.
dtkprowler
AG
I just broke down into the 170's today at 179.4.

Huge win for me but still a bit more for my goal.

High of 228.8 so every lb is awesome, but the little "milestones" always seem to motivate. Especially after a little plateau!
Aggie95
AG
New to this thread. Your post is equally inspiring and depressing for me. 220-225 is also my high and about where I'm at now. Nothing seems to work for me anymore. I used to be able to commit to changes and see 5lb to 8lb loss in a pretty short period but struggle to get much more than that. Now, I seem to do the right things and can't lose more than 2lbs.
Keep up your good work!
aggiegolfer03
AG
High of 288 (I'm 5'10"), I think it was in February this year.

Started concerted effort for calorie restriction in March, and our gym went in at the house in late April. High protein diet, lots of veggies and fruits, lots of fiber. No real restriction on anything, I just make good choices when I eat and workout 3-4 times (all weights, no dedicated cardio) a week.

I'm at 243 now, Pant size dropped like 8 sizes. 42's to 34's (well, waist fits in those anyway, ass/thighs do not). At least I look like a meathead and not just a couch potato fat ass.

Goal weight is 210ish where I'll be somewhere between 15-20% body fat which is my "real" goal (and yes, I am a big guy).
bushytailed
AG
Down 41lbs as of this morning.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Congrats! Right there with you at around 43 pounds lost since mid-August. Have embraced the lifestyle change this year
aggiegolfer03
AG
I'll finish the year right around 215 and 17.5% BF. Definitely reached the point where my body fights any additional fat loss.
I'd like to be a little leaner, but really reached the point where being leaner doesn't necessarily mean healthier.

Now it's just all about main-gaining.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.