Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

***2023 Weight Loss Thread***

24,740 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by aggiegolfer03
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No. Just sticking with whole foods and meal prepping. Less than 2000 calories/day. Haven't had a beer since Jan. 1. Increasing my workouts and started lifting again
hbc07
AG
Late to the party... My homeostasis seems to be 170. Jan 2022 was down to 163, Oct 2022 was up to 180. Trying to get down to 160 as my race weight (though 155 would be better). Trying to achieve this through consistent training; portion control (including not eating food from my wife's plate that she doesn't eat); drink control (going from 2-3 per night to 0-1 per night). The biggest challenge is travelling for work... I had ~30 round trip flights last year and it's real easy to eat and drink like **** on the road. Weighing myself each morning and after each ride (to monitor hydration levels).

2023:
Start: 170.2 @ 5'10"
Goal: 160
Bonus Goal: 155

Max: 171.0 (Jan 18)
Min: 166.4 (Jan 22)

Current: 166.4
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
krosch11
AG
krosch11 said:

I'll joint in this year. Two kids over 3 years and I snuck up to a chubby 245 from an athletic 225.

1/1 : 245lbs
1/14: 239 lbs

Goal weight : 195 lbs

I'll likely do extremely low carb for the first 90 days as i work back into lifting and cardio. Then start introducing carbohydrates as intensity improves. Really consistent first two weeks back so far.

1/22/23 : 235 lbs . Kept it consistent during extensive work travel.
aggiederelict
Down to 212. Hopefully can hit 210 by end of month and 200 by end of March. Doing IF and running 3 days per week. Need to start lifting to see real results. Feeling great though.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Starting Weight as of 1/15/23: 257lbs

Goal Weight: 175lbs

Doing IFM six days/week with 20-hour fasts or longer. Running at least 30-minutes/day. No booze. Few, if any, sodas.

1/22/23: 253.6lbs (-3.4)
Bigfootisreal
1/23/23 187.2 lbs down from 199.8 on 1/1!
Bunk Moreland
1/1: 258
1/9: 258.6
1/16: 257. 0
1/23: 254.2

Some of y'all are crushing it. Very nice! I'm going steady eddy. Had an event Saturday where I couldn't avoid both the food and drink. That probably set me back a bit. Progress still in the right direction though.

Going to push for a great week. Would love to weigh in next Monday at or close to 250.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Starting weight (1/2): 252
1/16: 246.2
1/23: 245.1
Body Fat: 36.6%
Net change: -6.9

I'm not mad about only dropping a pound in the last week. I did dip down into the 243 range, but I've dropped 2% body fat since last Monday, which is the more important number to me. That shows going to the gym 6 days a week is paying off. I've been meaning to start tracking my measurements as well, but haven't gotten around to it. However, I'm down two belt notches since I started.
krosch11
AG
Mirror / clothes fit always more important than scale.

And for those new to a weight loss regiment, don't get discouraged if your progress seems to slow. You'll drop water weight extremely fast and then level out .

Consistency is key! Stick with it
StringerBell
AG
Had a weekend out of town with the wife and came back 2.8 lbs up

Time to get it back
MarathonAg12
Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I'll play along.

Started this year seeing 200 on the scale for the first time since 2011. Not a good weight for me and it kicked my ass and put me back in my keeping healthy mindset.

Doing full week meal prep for Mon-Fri on Sunday evenings. Getting lots of my meal prep ideas off of Instagram. Only drinking vodka and bourbon and not nearly as often. No beer or wine. Haven't eaten out at all this year which was usually takeout or eating out 3-5x/wk. Walking 4-5miles/day (I have a cigar on my walks) and also the gym 4x/wk.

I'm fortunate that when I actually get in the mindset I can shed weight quickly. If I behave during Rodeo season, I can probably hit my 2nd goal by April. If not sooner. Getting back into the gym and comfortable is key for me as I ****ed up my shoulder a little over 4yrs ago and I'm still very cautious about getting back into weight training.

Male
5'8"

Starting 1/1 - 200lbs
Goal 1 - 180lbs by 3/16 (35th Birthday)
Goal 2 - 165lbs by Memorial Day

1/12 Wt. - 190lbs

1/22 Wt. - 187lbs
Looks like you be at your goal 1 weight by your birthday!

Congrats Irish!
aggie98infl
AG
I've been meaning to jump in. I had done pretty well last year with Keto and IF. I got down to 235lb, but went of the rails at Thanksgiving and gained back 20+ pounds. What was supposed to be a few days off plan over the holiday turned into two months of eating anything and everything. I'm doing a renovation and staying in a VRBO with a tiny kitchen that isn't conducive to cooking, so I've been eating out a ton as well. It is going to be at least another month in the rental, but I've got to stop using that as an excuse to eat poorly.

I started back with one meal a day last week and dropped almost 6.5 pounds though I'm sure a good chunk was water weight. Today I'm going back to keto. On top of losing weight I feel so much better when I cut the carbs and sugar. My pain and inflammation decrease, and digestive issues clear up. Hopefully this will help keep me accountable and I won't let the stress of the renovation derail me again.

1/16: 257.4
1/23: 250.8

Goals: back to 235 by the end of March and below 200 by the end of the year. That's a conservative 1 lb/wk for the year, hopefully I can do better than that and adjust the goals accordingly.
Guardian Angel
AG

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
txaggie_08
AG
If there's an HEB near you, try out their ready-made meals. I lived off of those for about 2 months while I was in corporate housing. All you have to do is throw them in the oven for about 10 minutes and they're ready to eat. They usually have one protein and one vegetable like salmon and green beans or something. I thought they were tasty, and a great way to limit portions and junk food.
Irish 2.0
The chicken cordon bleu with green beans is the *****! Very macro friendly if you're trying low carb too. The ranch chicken with spaghetti squash as well
aggie98infl
AG
Thanks, unfortunately no HEB. I'm in Myrtle Beach. I thought about meal delivery, but it's a small fridge. As it is, I had to empty all my frozen stuff out of the boxes to fit it in the freezer. I'll probably just start grabbing a rotisserie and maybe grab a pound of pulled pork or brisket at the BBQ joint up the road and eat off that for the week.

I'm moving into another rental this weekend that is a little bigger (although the fridge isn't), so hopefully that'll make it a little easier to cook or at least have a spot for the air fryer and a blender.
txaggie_08
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Currently 205, hoping to get back down to 185 by summer.

Since sophomore year of college, I have always been a steady 175 pounds. In 2019-2020, got up to 185, and then got married in '21, baby in '22 and added on another 20 lbs. Time to get that all back off.

Down to 201 this morning. Guess I'll take it. In December I hit 208 at one point, so not too bad. Wish it was a little quicker, but just gotta keep working.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Starting Weight as of 1/15/23: 257lbs

Goal Weight: 175lbs

Doing IFM six days/week with 20-hour fasts or longer. Running at least 30-minutes/day. No booze. Few, if any, sodas.

1/22/23: 253.6lbs (-3.4)
1/29/23: 250.2 (-3.4)
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I'll play along.

Started this year seeing 200 on the scale for the first time since 2011. Not a good weight for me and it kicked my ass and put me back in my keeping healthy mindset.

Doing full week meal prep for Mon-Fri on Sunday evenings. Getting lots of my meal prep ideas off of Instagram. Only drinking vodka and bourbon and not nearly as often. No beer or wine. Haven't eaten out at all this year which was usually takeout or eating out 3-5x/wk. Walking 4-5miles/day (I have a cigar on my walks) and also the gym 4x/wk.

I'm fortunate that when I actually get in the mindset I can shed weight quickly. If I behave during Rodeo season, I can probably hit my 2nd goal by April. If not sooner. Getting back into the gym and comfortable is key for me as I ****ed up my shoulder a little over 4yrs ago and I'm still very cautious about getting back into weight training.

Male
5'8"

Starting 1/1 - 200lbs
Goal 1 - 180lbs by 3/16 (35th Birthday)
Goal 2 - 165lbs by Memorial Day

1/12 Wt. - 190lbs

1/22 Wt. - 187lbs

1/29 Wt. - 190lbs

Stupid ****ing conference this week for work.

I've traveled for a living and was able to keep my weight in check when I did. But I've barely traveled at all the last 3yrs due to COVID. Now it's just a matter of getting back into my rhythm. This conference was different than most of my trips because I saw so many people I have seen since Jan. 2020. Was hard to behave. I got pulled into drinks and apps. From noon until midnight for 3 nights straight.
KidDoc
AG
Another week of meh. Better than going the wrong way!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MarathonAg12
All play and no work.
Ryan the Temp
AG
My caloric deficit for the last week was 17,226, so I'm expecting to see a good number when I weigh in tomorrow morning.
RaeBooth
More than a month after the holidays but I still can't get rid of those lbs i gained. I only lurk the Canada Pharmacy health blog for weight loss recommendations, but can't grab myself to start working on myself.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Starting Weight (1/2): 252
1/23: 245.1
1/30: 240.8
Net change: -11.2

Starting Body Fat: 38.8%
1/23: 36.6%
1/30: 36.2%
Net change: -2.6%

My progress over the last week was much better than I had anticipated, based on the first couple of weeks. My daily caloric deficit continues to range between 2,000-2,500, and occasionally as much as 3,000. I forgot how much time it takes to be that active, though, especially when I have days where I don't get a chance to move around very much. It makes for a long time at the gym.
Bunk Moreland
1/1: 258
1/9: 258.6
1/16: 257. 0
1/23: 254.2
1/30: 253.5

Great week all the way till I went in to Austin Saturday night and then had pizza and beers watching the NFC championship game with friends yesterday. Overall a mediocre start to 2022 but at least it's not going in the other direction.

Oh well, I'll crush it this week. Going to be delayed next week due to travel so it'll be a Wednesday check in for me.
krosch11
AG
Quote:

I'll joint in this year. Two kids over 3 years and I snuck up to a chubby 245 from an athletic 225.

1/1 : 245lbs
1/14: 239 lbs

Goal weight : 195 lbs

I'll likely do extremely low carb for the first 90 days as i work back into lifting and cardio. Then start introducing carbohydrates as intensity improves. Really consistent first two weeks back so far.

1/01/23: 245 lbs
1/14/23: 239 lbs
1/22/23: 235 lbs
1/30/23: 232 lbs

Steady as she goes. Trying to get my steps closer to 10K a day. Lifting 6 days a week is priority over steps though. Sometimes have time crunches. Overall staying fairly consistent though.

aggie98infl
AG
1/16: 257.4
1/23: 250.8 (-6.6)
1/30: 245.8 (-5.0)

Total -11.6

Started back with keto last week. I don't anticipate this pace will continue, but I will take it.
Ryan the Temp
AG
aggie98infl said:

Started back with keto last week. I don't anticipate this pace will continue, but I will take it.
Keto is keeping me right at about 1800 calories a day, despite eating a lot of food. Glad it's working for you.
StringerBell
AG
StringerBell said:

Started 2022 at 224

Weighed in at 189.8 today

Goal is 16% body fat

Let's get it. This is the damn year we get this **** done.

184.8 today

down 40 pounds from when i started this dang thing back in december of 2021

let's get it.
Bigfootisreal
Well last day of January! Weighed in at 186.6, down from 199.8!

We'll see how this goes one Dry January ends!
Todd 02
AG
Todd 02 said:

January 1: 157 lbs, 145/90, 16.8% body fat

Goal*: ~140 lbs, under 120/80, 10% body fat
January 31: 146 lbs, 125/83, 14.3% body fat

Doing carnivore diet with the wife for the month of February. Started a few days early. Feeling great!

Also gonna stay dry for a while. Really don't miss it.

And finally, back is feeling great and I plan to ease back into some strength training.
MarathonAg12
What is the carnivore diet. And what do you like about it?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Pretty much did everything wrong the last 2 weeks. Happy I didn't go up.

Starting weight: 186.8

1-17-23: 182.8
1-31-23: 180.4

Weight change since last check: -2.4 lbs

Net weight change: -6.4 lbs
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bigfootisreal
True carnivore is meat and eggs- Animal fat and butter- no alcohol, sugar, carbs. Some add more dairy in as well if you tolerate dairy- cheese, raw milk. Been doing 95% carnivore for January, and hope to keep it that way. But chips and salsa........

MarathonAg12
Stay strong brother. I hit a plateau myself. Sucks

Got to push through

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.