What are your favorite memories of Corpus Christi?

65,675 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by B-1 83
will.mcg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mistakenly tried Fisherman'a Daighter the week it opened. It was of course slammed, food took forever & wasn't great. I need to try it again now that the new has worn off.
Aggie87
AG
lazuras_dc said:

I thought Best was where shop @ La Palmera is now... I imagine like where TJ Max is.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Service Merchandise.

Best was where KIII is now, and had their stock upstairs. When you bought something, you took a card to the cash register, and after paying your item came down a conveyor belt from the 2nd floor.
keepfred
AG
Food Hop at 6 points. Would sell you beer if you were old enough to walk thru the door.
PLUM LOCO
AG
The Cannery was actually on Carroll Ln.

They had the same band every d@*n night..."Calico Silver".

It did not not stop us from at least going in every d@*n time we went out to see if maybe we would get lucky.

There was also a really nice arcade place across the street behind Weinerschintzle.
keepfred
AG
Carroll Lane, correct sir. But I knew it was by the Der W!
harrierdoc
AG
Wavelength at The High Chaparral
84is54now
angelos pizza
jittos (burritos)
burger chef
ships ahoy
coliseum gigs
bon fire HS trash can punch parties
cruising to sonic saturday nights
Rays restaurant
panchos sopapeos
so much more!
CactusThomas
AG
I can still hear the soft southern winds in the live oak trees..
Shelby29
Loved there for only a short time from 1976-1979 as a kid. Remember Burger Chef and the collector glasses. I still have a few.

I was going to ask if anyone had any information on the workboat that was being refurbished on Ricon Road on the North Beach from around 1974-1977. It was supposedly refitted as a research survey vessel M/V Coastal Aransas. It always intrigued me as a kid riding past it and seeing it.
RAB87
AG
Born in Corpus in 1963 but moved away in 1970. Always loved going back in spite of the changes. Wondering if any "olds" here remember the name of the ice cream place on the way to Padre Island National Seashore that sold chocolate dip-cones like ones they sell at DQ today. That was always a favorite family stop.
bat61
AG
The annual Miller-Ray rivalry games circa Thanksgiving at venerable old Buccaneer Stadium on busy Leopard Street. Very even series, both usually rated in the state Top 10. And the winner almost always went to to the state high school football playoffs.
JD for Life
Good memories of Corpus? Not a thing
Col. Steve Austin
AG
I've never lived there, but I did a bunch of work in the CC area back in the 80s (early 80s in particular). My best memories are of the nightlife because I was working 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day while I was in town. Watching the girls coming down the slide at Bandy's. There was a C&W place on the outskirts of town, The Yellow Rose? And another bar in town that had really good rock bands that I can't begin to remember the name.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Quote:

And another bar in town that had really good rock bands that I can't begin to remember the name.
Cantina Santa Fe was pretty good for rock
Aggie87
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

Quote:

And another bar in town that had really good rock bands that I can't begin to remember the name.
Cantina Santa Fe was pretty good for rock

Elizabeth's By the Sea had good music too, indoor/outdoor patio place.
mike_ags_fan12
Doc Holliday's? My Former GM and coworker were telling me old stories of their running around days not to long ago.
TexAg2001
AG
hstnag97 said:

Boat N Net and their high tech drive thru intercom system.
I worked at the Boat N Net on Leopard across from Miller the summer between HS graduation and heading off to College Station. The "intercom" system worked surprisingly well!

After working there a month, I was managing 3 Boat N Net's and the owner was trying to convince me to not go to College because he saw a "great future" for me in the restaurant industry. LOL Oh, what might've been....
J182
AG
Did anyone mention the giant lady billboard that was off of SPID?
👽
B-1 83
AG
J-Quob said:

Did anyone mention the giant lady billboard that was off of SPID?
Legs strip club

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.