Houston
Sponsored by

Hurricane season 2023

101,690 Views | 738 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by CDUB98
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$40 a month, or $40 every week?
BG Knocc Out
redag06 said:

Ag_07 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Ag_07 said:

If I endless time and money I sure as hell wouldn't be mowing twice a week.

I've always enjoyed mowing, even in high school. Sense of "I did that it looks good now".

Used to feel that way. Now with 2 kids under 6 I don't want to spend 2-4 hours every weekend doing yard work.

Now I swear that the $40 I pay the lawn men is best money ever spent.
As someone who takes pride in their lawn, every time I pay someone when I'm too busy, it kills me how crappy the yard guys are, they never mow to the correct height, which is awful during this heat,etc.
So are you supposed to mow really low, or is that for Bermuda? My lawn guys definitely keep it high.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
St. Augustine in summer, ask yourself- What Would Snoop Do?
Cromagnum
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

redag06 said:

Ag_07 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Ag_07 said:

I've always enjoyed mowing, even in high school. Sense of "I did that it looks good now".

Used to feel that way. Now with 2 kids under 6 I don't want to spend 2-4 hours every weekend doing yard work.

As someone who takes pride in their lawn, every time I pay someone when I'm too busy, it kills me how crappy the yard guys are, they never mow to the correct height, which is awful during this heat,etc.
So are you supposed to mow really low, or is that for Bermuda? My lawn guys definitely keep it high.

Bermuda low.
St Augustine high.
BG Knocc Out
Cromagnum said:

BG Knocc Out said:

redag06 said:

Ag_07 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Ag_07 said:

Bermuda low.
St Augustine high.
Well damn, I think that explains a lot. Good to know...my lawn guy seems hell bent on leaving it long and I always assumed there was good reason. Thanks.
jja79
AG
No hurricane I take it.
wessimo
AG
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I have a feeling this tropical thing spins into a depression and maybe a storm next week. The gulf is so hot right now it will happen quick.
redag06
Sounds like you have a good one then.

Buy him a case of beer to keep him happy
Sea Speed
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I have a feeling this tropical thing spins into a depression and maybe a storm next week. The gulf is so hot right now it will happen quick.

I think a storm may spool up over my pool with how warm that sucker was this afternoon.
Post removed:
by user
Stat Monitor Repairman

atmtws
AG
I'm gonna need another generator.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Today's update: https://theeyewall.com/

Basically our rain chances depend on the high in the midwest next week. System not expected to develop beyond a rain maker.
V8Aggie
AG
Need that high pressure to move over Belize the last week of August.

Make it happen weather nerds or no golf cart pics for you!
Furlock Bones
AG
That pansy storm can't compete with our Saharan dust.
Al Bula
AG
Saharan dust cooling it off! Bring it!
Furlock Bones
AG
David Happymountain said:

Saharan dust cooling it off! Bring it!

Dropped the dew point for 1 morning. Back to hell mañana.
Sea Speed
AG
Dude it is glorious outside this morning. I've been clearing downed limbs and haven't even broken a sweat. We have all the windows open in the house.
htxag09
AG
Sea Speed said:

Dude it is glorious outside this morning. I've been clearing downed limbs and haven't even broken a sweat. We have all the windows open in the house.
I'm not sure I'd go as far as opening windows in the house, I mean it still 80+ degrees

But it is nice outside. 100+ temp days wouldn't be that bad if our mornings were like this
Sea Speed
AG
Maybe it is the breeze and the shade, but at my house it is freaking awesome out. I was floored when I walked out this morning
Furlock Bones
AG
there are limbs falling all over the heights. i notice them when i'm running. i think the last 2 years of freezes and the drought has taken a major toll on the trees.
maroon barchetta
It was nice this morning.
Sea Speed
AG
Furlock Bones said:

there are limbs falling all over the heights. i notice them when i'm running. i think the last 2 years of freezes and the drought has taken a major toll on the trees.

Yea I've been clearing an extraordinary amount of limbs the last few months. There are several still hanging off of some trees just waiting to fall as well. A healthy looking 15" diameter tree in the woods behind my house snapped in half the other day as well seemingly out of nowhere. I've probably cleared enough to fill 4 16' trailers over the last 4 months.
Furlock Bones
AG
there was one tree in particular. split trunk where one of the trunks broke off and was hanging precariously from a lower large limb over the sidewalk. could easily kill someone if it fell off.
Cromagnum
AG
Sea Speed said:

Furlock Bones said:

Yea I've been clearing an extraordinary amount of limbs the last few months. There are several still hanging off of some trees just waiting to fall as well. A healthy looking 15" diameter tree in the woods behind my house snapped in half the other day as well seemingly out of nowhere. I've probably cleared enough to fill 4 16' trailers over the last 4 months.

Gonna be perfect when the first Hurricane blows in and knocks all that **** down all over power lines.
evestor1
Furlock Bones said:

there was one tree in particular. split trunk where one of the trunks broke off and was hanging precariously from a lower large limb over the sidewalk. could easily kill someone if it fell off.
In 2011, my wife had a 4" and 10' dead limb fall on her head...just like the stories you hear about.

The limb broke on her head and all she had was a bump!
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed
AG
I'm surprised that tree that fell at the Masters year or two ago didn't smoke anyone.
CFTXAG10
AG
Felt great outside this morning, amazing what just a little relief does
maroon barchetta
That was crazy. It was very close.
wessimo
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
I was at a golf tournament in Sugarland one year where a storm blew through. We took cover. It was really short. So back to playing. 10 minutes later a second storm blows through and it's clear this is not going to stop. So off to the clubhouse.

Turns out a couple of guys were waiting under some trees. Heard a cracking sound and realized a tree was coming down. They rolled out of the golf cart just before the tree smashed the cart.

I would not have believed the story if I had not seen the photo. Crazy *****

This was only a year or 2 after the terrible 2011 drought. So kind of like now, trees were falling easier than normal.
BG Knocc Out
Sea Speed said:

Maybe it is the breeze and the shade, but at my house it is freaking awesome out. I was floored when I walked out this morning
Woke up at 5am to piss and decided to go in the backyard and it felt amazing. Even this afternoon, hot AF, but it's noticeably better as it's more of a dry heat.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Check again this morning

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.