Houston
Sponsored by

IRS raid at alliantgroup

36,577 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by cj774
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Funny thing is that the last staffing firm I worked at, they used to be a client of a former coworker. I think they were able to negotiate a 20% fee (never worked anything below 25%) with her though, so I never worked any of her jobs that she had open nor bothered to really listen to her pitch about why they were so great of a client. I want to say that the contract group had a lot of placements with them, and it makes sense now. This was in the 2015/2016 timeframe.
maroon barchetta
David_Puddy said:

EconAg18 said:

Well they've essentially created a cult and scare people who try to leave - not the healthiest work environment

I mean any normal human seeing those types of antics, working that much, having one of the top guys show up in an ass, the other vag-na" t-shirt might start to think to themselves....."maybe there is something wrong here." I guess not being in my 20s anymore I see things a little differently, but hell I started in Big 4 and I couldn't even stand 60 hours a week during busy season, much less the types of hours it sounds like they're working. I wouldn't have cared hotw attractive some of my coworkers were, being in an office that much and eliminating any sort of social life sounds miserable. You couldn't brainwash me enough to think otherwise.

I've known some people in some similar environments who said a lot of their coworkers sniffed some powders of some sort to keep them going and able to work lots of hours
EconAg18
AG
Also we have been told by our current firms that alliantgroup is trying to enforce non-competes by claiming we're poaching current employees. How are they doing that you ask? Well a guy I barely spoke with during my time there has messaged me twice a week every week on LinkedIn asking about EY and if I could help refer him in and poach him. He's also done the same thing to two other coworkers of mine who also barely know him.

One of the people I still trust there told me to ignore the messages because that guy was promised a promotion and bonus if he could facilitate a former employee breaking their non-compete.

It is an EXTREMELY toxic environment that starts from the top.
Chewy
AG
The amount of money they're spending on lawyers that they could be spending on the children is disheartening.
bigjag19
AG
Chewy said:

The amount of money they're spending on lawyers that they could be spending on the children is disheartening.

They are the children.
CFTXAG10
AG
Alliantgroup = Lumon ?!
tremble
AG
Wife got contacted by a recruiter for AG and I remembered this gem of a thread.

Anyone know what happened on this one? I'm guessing the IRS is still poking up in their guts.
Chewy
AG
Great question. I'm curious if the CEO ever surfaced or if he's still "working remote."
FarmerJohn
AG
Looks like Casey Curry is still working for them while she runs for city council.
Redstone
AG
Added back to watch list, hoping for some action like Gary Cardone's shop getting shut down in Florida
cj774
AG
David Happymountain said:

Any business that makes a huge deal about Being a best workplace is not to be taken seriously.

Yeah that seems to be the case with my current job….and why I am looking for a new one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.