Houston
Sponsored by

IRS raid at alliantgroup

36,880 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by cj774
Redstone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've done decently well with Stars on this thread.

Thank you, all.
maroon barchetta
Diggity said:

mnetop said:

Very entertaining thread! Depending how this ends, we may see this story in a theater near you in the future.

TexAgs delivers again!
agreed. I think we should start casting the different roles.

I'll just assume Jared Leto for Dhaval Jadav as he's the current go-to for cartoonish foreign businessmen

Only if Jared wears a fat suit.
Sea Speed
AG
Movie will have to wait until the trials and cases are all settled, by then the fat kid from Deadpool will be of age. Perfect casting.
TarponChaser
Sea Speed said:

Movie will have to wait until the trials and cases are all settled, by then the fat kid from Deadpool will be of age. Perfect casting.

Dude! You're balls-on accurate.

/revision/latest?cb=20180516150133
CheeseSndwch
Add me to the list of Tine Board posters who have had a run in with Alliantgroup.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter who was looking for someone with an oil and gas background to act as a liaison between their clients and the project teams. The pay range was significantly less than my current comp so I politely declined an interview.

Unfortunately I was dealing with one of those "don't take no for an answer" personality types. He called me repeatedly and didn't back off until I asked him about the obviously fake positive employee reviews plastered all over Glassdoor.

After that he switched from being persistent, to borderline aggressive/threatening. It was hands down the most unprofessional experience of my career.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Thats wild man, wtf.
one MEEN Ag
AG
I've never understood that about recruiter types. My bad experiences are with mostly external.

They're in it to make a quick buck and get pissed when you don't jump over a C- job offering, while you're over here deciding if you hate your current job enough to potentially upend your whole life over this very specific listing.

There was a call that went out for a job and I had multiple recruiters pitch the job in my inbox. The job description had a selling point that you could go to lunch at the cracker barrel down the street. These people thought they were giving me the opportunity to sit at the table of business magnates by how they acted.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Cracker barrel is good though.

Wouldn't make a career decision on it but would go in the + column.
BarryProfit
As Billy Joel says, "I've been a fool for lesser things".
texagbeliever
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Cracker barrel is good though.

Wouldn't make a career decision on it but would go in the + column.

Need to factor in the added expense of buying a new wardrobe to fit the new cracker barrel body though.
94chem
one MEEN Ag said:

I've never understood that about recruiter types. My bad experiences are with mostly external.

They're in it to make a quick buck and get pissed when you don't jump over a C- job offering, while you're over here deciding if you hate your current job enough to potentially upend your whole life over this very specific listing.

There was a call that went out for a job and I had multiple recruiters pitch the job in my inbox. The job description had a selling point that you could go to lunch at the cracker barrel down the street. These people thought they were giving me the opportunity to sit at the table of business magnates by how they acted.

Probably didn't even know the difference between homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Every time I've ever engaged with a recruiter I've regretted it.

Huge waste of time and energy.
EconAg18
AG
They're now offering significant compensation packages if you choose to stick around

https://www.goingconcern.com/alliantgroup-is-considering-retention-bonuses-to-keep-people-from-fleeing/

Also the CEO still hasn't been seen, but he sent an email saying how proud he was that people continued serving their clients. Look at this response someone sent - just laughable
Chewy
AG
Damn. I forgot all about "creating raving fans."

It's a damn low rent accounting services firm. Ain't nobody in accounting creating raving fans. Provide great service and nothing more.
96AgGrad
AG
You just reminded me about how wrapped up they were in trying to get testimonials out of their clients.
Al Bula
AG
Were there frequent net promoter score surveys spammed to everyone in the company?
EconAg18
AG

Chewy
AG
Is this in response to anything specific?

Assuming he's still AWOL other than emails where he's talking about what amazing client service they provide even if there's no clients?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
So that's who got my twitter handle.
Steve McQueen
AG
Anything new to report here? CEO sighting yet?
David_Puddy
AG
EconAg18 said:

Haha yep, my friend called and said screenshots and this link are making it around the office, and he saw my comments on this thread and knew it was me right away, and that was on top of another former coworker calling me about this post and the Reddit threads too.

Just like several other people have said on this thread - maybe they should focus on their legal issues instead of an anonymous message board right now

Really surprised your friend is still working there. Not a very bright individual I take it?
EconAg18
AG
Well they've essentially created a cult and scare people who try to leave - not the healthiest work environment
AgLA06
AG
David_Puddy said:

EconAg18 said:

Haha yep, my friend called and said screenshots and this link are making it around the office, and he saw my comments on this thread and knew it was me right away, and that was on top of another former coworker calling me about this post and the Reddit threads too.

Just like several other people have said on this thread - maybe they should focus on their legal issues instead of an anonymous message board right now

Really surprised your friend is still working there. Not a very bright individual I take it?

The problem is the average person has no idea what they are until they work there. If they did, they couldn't get people. Once they work there they then have a stigma attached to them as they try to find a new job. Add on the FBI raid and it's probably not easy for them to make a move at the moment.
htxag09
AG
I guess I'm the only one impressed by the amount of TexAggers who've worked for or interviewed with ag?
EconAg18
AG
AgLA06 said:

David_Puddy said:

EconAg18 said:

The problem is the average person has no idea what they are until they work there. If they did, they couldn't get people. Once they work there they then have a stigma attached to them as they try to find a new job. Add on the FBI raid and it's probably not easy for them to make a move at the moment.
AgLA06
AG
htxag09 said:

I guess I'm the only one impressed by the amount of TexAggers who've worked for or interviewed with ag?

They did a really good job sanitizing the internet and recruiting out of the industry.
htxag09
AG
AgLA06 said:

htxag09 said:

They did a really good job sanitizing the internet and recruiting out of the industry.
If turnover is high you have to be really good at recruiting....
EconAg18
AG
AgLA06 said:

htxag09 said:

They have some extremely strict exit paperwork they ask people to sign, and most do not. However, they claim that it was signed by employees and have threatened Glassdoor with lawsuits to take down negative reviews.

My current employer reviewed all of the paperwork I was asked to sign and thought they were insane.
Chewy
AG
The CEO ever show up?
LPHA
AG
I'm sure he is. They sent a canned email to my firm saying that they're operating as normal, and there have been no interruption to their services.
EconAg18
AG
Hasn't been seen yet, and he is usually the focal point of every social media post. They're also doing a lot of damage control and have been trying to rebuild their image by donating to kids and schools
Chewy
AG
That's so AG.

How can we repair our image???

I know!!! Let's turn children into raving fans!!!

Genius!!!

<high fives and backslaps>
bularry
who are their clients? I can't believe anyone would use them for advisory services
EconAg18
AG
Their market is small to midsize businesses (think your local mom and pop shop that aren't going to EY or KPMG)

The larger firms aren't touching those smaller clients because they're just not worth it, and you rarely see CPAs aside from a couple like Withum do the R&D credit, so alliantgroup has partnered with a ton of small CPA firms and does fee sharing with them
David_Puddy
AG
EconAg18 said:

Well they've essentially created a cult and scare people who try to leave - not the healthiest work environment

I mean any normal human seeing those types of antics, working that much, having one of the top guys show up in an ass, the other vag-na" t-shirt might start to think to themselves....."maybe there is something wrong here." I guess not being in my 20s anymore I see things a little differently, but hell I started in Big 4 and I couldn't even stand 60 hours a week during busy season, much less the types of hours it sounds like they're working. I wouldn't have cared hotw attractive some of my coworkers were, being in an office that much and eliminating any sort of social life sounds miserable. You couldn't brainwash me enough to think otherwise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.