Houston
Sponsored by

IRS raid at alliantgroup

36,861 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by cj774
cupcakesprinkles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTHOtrolls said:

^ video of law enforcement agents telling employees that they must leave the office until their investigation is complete.

The agent also said that employees will not have access to the company server, so if the investigation takes several week, It'll be difficult for them to stay in business.

That's a lot of FBI agents! Wonder if someone reported spotting something that may or may not be a noose?
rononeill
Time to channel their inner Bobby Axelrod.
texasaggie2015
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Dill-Ag13 said:

David Happymountain said:

Dill-Ag13 said:

I interviewed with them, shady vibes…

Asked me all kinds of questions like:
What do you consider a stressful workday
Define workplace culture
What is a long day?
not sure what is irregular about these questions that you would call "shady" but as your name indicates your are class of 2013… maybe there's a bigger problem here, not with the company in question.

You are so far off-base on that I'm not even going to touch that

Haha no kidding. Anyone involved with drilling, field and office, is familiar with putting in extra hours. I don't mind taking calls at 3 am or sending a statement of fact at dinner time. But if I'm going to be judged negatively for expecting to go home for dinner then no thanks. That job and culture is toxic.
Yep... been there done that.
94chem
cajunaggie08 said:

bigjag19 said:

Dill-Ag13 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Dill-Ag13 said:

Dill-Ag13 said:

I interviewed with them, shady vibes…

Asked me all kinds of questions like:
What do you consider a stressful workday
Define workplace culture
What is a long day?
not sure what is irregular about these questions that you would call "shady" but as your name indicates your are class of 2013… maybe there's a bigger problem here, not with the company in question.

You are so far off-base on that I'm not even going to touch that

Haha no kidding. Anyone involved with drilling, field and office, is familiar with putting in extra hours. I don't mind taking calls at 3 am or sending a statement of fact at dinner time. But if I'm going to be judged negatively for expecting to go home for dinner then no thanks. That job and culture is toxic.

Yup, not all millennials work 35-hour weeks fully remote with their emotional support turtles

30 hours and it's a bearded lizard.

I'm down to 20 and a flock of chickens. Well half of that is true
Xer here. Listen - if your support animal is non-venomous, you're doing it wrong.
tk for tu juan
BohunkAg
AG
Look who is on the team there....former tine weather girl Casey Curry

https://www.alliantgroup.com/team/casey-curry/
EconAg18
AG
I am also going to throw this story at y'all -

There was a guy on my team who was arguably the worst coworker I've ever had. A good contingent of people on our team did not like him and found him annoying, and other teams just hated his guts and he was oblivious to it all. He thought he was hot **** all the time, and of course he went to tu for school. He constantly would try to talk trash and it never worked well for him. Bottom line, dude was a total ass and someone who I would tell anyone to not hire.

Well, one day we are on a kickoff with a new client from Arizona, and the the client had a painting of a longhorn behind him. My coworker kept asking the client about it and the client clearly had no interested and kept saying he was in a hotel room and he had no idea what the painting was of, but he had limited time and needed to get through the kickoff quickly. My coworker finally said he was interested in the painting because it was a longhorn and he went to texas, and the client just said "cool" and tried moving on. I kept trying to get the meeting on track, but my coworker kept going back to the painting. I explained to the client that I would be the main point of contact moving forward, and my wonderful coworker chimed in once again and cut me off, but this time he said, "Hey (client's name), I just want to get in front of this and apologize. Yes, he's going to be your main point of contact, but honestly the guy is a total idiot. Seriously. I mean he's just not intelligent. He went to Texas A&M, and people who go there are all just really really stupid. Just want to apologize ahead of time since I'm sure you're going to experience that first hand." The client's jaw was dropped, my jaw was dropped, and the client said, "so you're giving me a guy you claim isn't smart - why is that?" The coworker then elbowed me and said, "oh he'll even admit it - right? Tell him you're dumb man!"

Afterwards I told him that was completely inappropriate and uncalled for, and he told me I needed to learn to take a joke and move on. Our managing director ended up calling us in to ask what happened and my coworker told him I ruined the kickoff because I didn't click with the client and couldn't take a joke. I got moved off the client because of it, and the client ultimately chose to not move forward with us.

I haven't worked there in months, but old coworkers of mine who hate the guy still text me and tell me he can't keep my name out of his mouth and how he spins the story at least once a week about how I lost a client because I'm "such a hardass who isn't likeable". The people who text me all hate the guy and say they wish i was still there which makes it even funnier.

Bottom line - their leadership sucks, they have terrible employees and culture, and I hope this is the end of that company and that the old coworker of mine eventually gets a nice dose of karma thrown his way.
Panama Red
AG
So what happened with the painting?
Chewy
AG
Any idea if "current" employees are doing any work or are they all in a holding pattern?

Other than the smart ones updating their resumes and getting on LinkedIn and Indeed.
EconAg18
AG
The CEO ended the call and said his assistant would get on the line with us later because he had other matters he had to tend to - I guess the painting was not a hit
EconAg18
AG
They want to return to the office tomorrow but haven't been given the all clear yet, so they're just twiddling their thumbs at home.

Fairly certain BDO is trying to snatch up as many employees as they can while the iron is hot.
Chewy
AG
This is a good self selection process for recruiters.

If one of these "current" employees wants to go back to Alliantgroup then you don't want them working for you.
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
I worked there for a year about 10 years ago. I was on the road a lot, so I blind to a lot of what was going on in the office, but once I figured out how shady it was I got the hell out. I did like a lot of my coworkers, lots of fun people and obscenely attractive women to work with. A few highlights:

-Wads of $500 in cash being thrown into the crowd for a monthly meeting celebrating we hit our numbers.
-Blatant coke use by managers in the office to power through the long days of tax season.
-Constant harping about the "ag culture" when really it was just a way to trick people into joining the cult. If you said anything negative about a decision maker out loud, guaranteed you'd be taken into an office to discuss your "messaging and teamwork".

Their secret formula for success (other than being extremely loose with the tax laws) is that they found young, hungry, and broken people to hire and trick them into working insane schedules all to benefit their "ag family". They found people who were desperate for acceptance and played off of that. Lots of men and women were taken advantage of (in a variety of ways), just because they were too naive to realize they deserved better from an employer. Especially for those of us who graduated in the 2008-2012 range when jobs were really hard to come by and we had crippling amounts of student debt.
96AgGrad
AG
I worked there for a year and can confirm what the others have said. At the time I joined I was escaping another unethically run company. So much for that.

Edit: I imagine what screwed alliantgroup was when the IRS changed the rules so they couldn't take a fixed percentage of their clients' savings off the top. That's when they had to start getting creative with their billing.
Al Bula
AG
This thread is starting to get as interesting as the tell your UCS stories here mega thread on the general board from years ago.

For reference: https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/186130
96AgGrad
AG

Any business that makes a huge deal about Being a best workplace is not to be taken seriously.
I haven't looked recently, but at one time they pressured Glassdoor and other candid employee feedback sites to remove all of their negative comments, which were the overwhelming majority. My feedback was removed, along with many others.

All that was left was a couple BS reviews obviously done by management touting their "meritocracy" and ability to get ahead if you work hard (i.e. discard your family).
BohunkAg
AG
HerschelwoodHardhead said:

I worked there for a year about 10 years ago. I was on the road a lot, so I blind to a lot of what was going on in the office, but once I figured out how shady it was I got the hell out. I did like a lot of my coworkers, lots of fun people and obscenely attractive women to work with. A few highlights:

-Wads of $500 in cash being thrown into the crowd for a monthly meeting celebrating we hit our numbers.
-Blatant coke use by managers in the office to power through the long days of tax season.
-Constant harping about the "ag culture" when really it was just a way to trick people into joining the cult. If you said anything negative about a decision maker out loud, guaranteed you'd be taken into an office to discuss your "messaging and teamwork".

Their secret formula for success (other than being extremely loose with the tax laws) is that they found young, hungry, and broken people to hire and trick them into working insane schedules all to benefit their "ag family". They found people who were desperate for acceptance and played off of that. Lots of men and women were taken advantage of (in a variety of ways), just because they were too naive to realize they deserved better from an employer. Especially for those of us who graduated in the 2008-2012 range when jobs were really hard to come by and we had crippling amounts of student debt.
That sounds like Enron/Arthur Andersen back in the day.
EconAg18
AG
96AgGrad said:

Any business that makes a huge deal about Being a best workplace is not to be taken seriously.
I haven't looked recently, but at one time they pressured Glassdoor and other candid employee feedback sites to remove all of their negative comments, which were the overwhelming majority. My feedback was removed, along with many others.

All that was left was a couple BS reviews obviously done by management touting their "meritocracy" and ability to get ahead if you work hard (i.e. discard your family).

They offer bonuses to employees who leave positive reviews, and they tell Glassdoor that all employees signed an NDA in their contract and that if they leave the negative reviews up they'll send legal after them.

Also, got a call last night that alliantgroup is aware of this thread now. Interested to see if they try anything because they already went and got the parody twitter accounts shut down with legal threats.
AgLA06
AG
Probably should focus their money and legal attention on keeping out of jail instead.

On the plus side, that jail block is going to be voted best to do time in. So they have that going for them!
EconAg18
AG
LOL!
Chewy
AG
Surprised it took them that long to find this thread.

Still worried about their public perception more than running a business that clients and employees are truly proud to be involved with.

Then there's that IRS thing now in the way…

They back in office or still twiddling thumbs?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I heard Alliant Group touched children in their no no zones.

Shut me down *****es.
LPHA
AG
I wonder how long it will be before the IRS starts taking closer looks at their clients. I have a big client that had a very large R&D credit from their study.
Big Cat `93
AG
In before the shutdown.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
bigjag19
AG
PS

We will be working 18s until July to make up for the lost time.
Ag_07
AG
BohunkAg said:

HerschelwoodHardhead said:

That sounds like Stratton Oakmont and Jordan Belfort back in the day.

FIFY
swimmerbabe11
EconAg18 said:

96AgGrad said:

They offer bonuses to employees who leave positive reviews, and they tell Glassdoor that all employees signed an NDA in their contract and that if they leave the negative reviews up they'll send legal after them.

Also, got a call last night that alliantgroup is aware of this thread now. Interested to see if they try anything because they already went and got the parody twitter accounts shut down with legal threats.

in my imagination this was a anonymous phone call with a voice changer.

"we know about your activity on Texags and are poised to take action. Choose your next steps carefully"
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

EconAg18 said:

96AgGrad said:

in my imagination this was a anonymous phone call with a voice changer.

"we know about your activity on Texags and are poised to take action. Choose your next steps carefully"

They should use the Liam Neeson voice filter.
94chem
I read this thread, and then I went to their webpage, and I'm happy to say that I still have no idea what they do, and I am thankful that life has not taken me in a direction where I have to give a crap about any of that mind-numbing jargon.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

First order of business, snuff out the mole/whistleblower.
Texan_Aggie
AG
So to summarize - nobody here has had a positive experience with them and it took an IRS raid for the employees to get a "Monday off".

Yes, go after Texags. That is your problem.
cajunaggie08
AG
EconAg18 said:

96AgGrad said:

Tell them I said to bring it on!!!!
EconAg18
AG
Haha yep, my friend called and said screenshots and this link are making it around the office, and he saw my comments on this thread and knew it was me right away, and that was on top of another former coworker calling me about this post and the Reddit threads too.

Just like several other people have said on this thread - maybe they should focus on their legal issues instead of an anonymous message board right now
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Do you think the hotties there will do a playboy spread like the Enron girls did?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.