Houston
Sponsored by

Harris County Commissioner's Court

72,707 Views | 568 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by TJaggie14
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, haven't had a time to watch yet.

He was horrible and ineffective.
aTm '99
Al Bula
AG
Jack Klompus said:

In today's commissioners court, the County let go the director of Universal Services due to sexual harassment.

wow. On that moron's watch, inmates were incorrectly turned loose due to an IT system crash, but he gets to hang around until they get him for not taken sexual harassment training. While he may have committed sexual harassment, refusing the training is what got him canned.

Such complete ass backwards dimtard logic. Keep the guy on payroll after the incompetence of his organization resulted in criminals back on the streets and he sexually harasses someone, but boy oh boy his ass is grass since he didn't take the training.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It's cute how the news stories all refer to Rick Noriega as a "retired General," not "Burned Out Career Politician who was inexplicably placed in charge of technology infrastructure for the 3rd largest county in the country at a salary of $286,644 a year, with no applicable experience for the job."

Btw, you need a system login to see his profile page now:
https://hcus.harriscountytx.gov/Login-Page?returnurl=%2fAbout-Us%2fExecutive-Director

And "The General" is pissed:
Quote:

"I have never been more offended or insulted in my 40 years of public service," the statement read. "I intend to sue Judge Lina Hidalgo and her acting county administrator for their retaliatory and defamatory conduct. Harris County deserves better leaders."
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/houston/article/harris-county-rick-noriega-sexual-harassment-18102806.php

Perhaps most interesting, Lina Hidalgo is now claiming that she has been groped in the commissioners court chamber, while she was county judge:

Quote:

The culture still needs to change," Hidalgo said after the public meeting resumed. "The kind of behavior that our employee faced is behavior that I, for one, have been a victim of, as county judge, not from the same perpetrator. We need everybody's help to make this culture change happen."
The KTRK story has more to her quote:

Quote:

In this courtroom, I've been groped...The kind of behavior this employee faced is behavior that I, for one, have been a victim of as county judge."
https://abc13.com/rick-noriega-sexual-harassment-training-harris-county-it-director-fired-lina-hidalgo/13256555/

I wonder how many people have gotten close enough to her to grope her in the court chamber, and if that had anything to do with her private security.
Mikeyshooter
AG
I'm gonna call bull*****
Ryan the Temp
AG
Is there anyone who didn't know Noriega was a total ***** hound? He was shagging a friend of mine's mom for a while.
OnlyForNow
AG
She got a hug and a little squeeze and I'm sure that's what grope means in this context.
Build It
AG
What ever happened to the investigation of our commissioner that used taxpayer dollars to outfit a warehouse to store his multi-million dollar African art?

Diggity
AG

he didn't discriminate it seems
AlaskanAg99
AG
Build It said:

What ever happened to the investigation of our commissioner that used taxpayer dollars to outfit a warehouse to store his multi-million dollar African art?

Dismissed, and then Court paid him back for all his lawyer fees.
aTm '99
Build It
AG
I hope we at least got to keep the art!
abomba
AG
On tomorrow's agenda:
Request by the Commissioner of Precinct 1 for approval to allocate American Rescue Plan Act State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds in the amount of $20,500,000 for the Uplift Guaranteed Income Pilot.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It's being discussed now.
I joined the feed late, seems to be a lot of disagreement on this. $17M for direct oayments plus another 10% for administration all come from ARPA funds, which are 1 time funds.

Garcia seems to be in opposition to this because there's not enough effort to go after federal IRS tax rebates.

Brionies is asking how other local governments did this and what the outcome was.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
Total is $20M. The single speaker says this is only for PCT1, which I'm not sure if this true. As a pilot program maybe true.

Ellis is pushing this.

Passes 4-1.

aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
Hospital System asking for a $2.5B bond.
Item 279.

And I think he has a point. System hasn't expanded as population has grown. We do need another Level I trauma center, further out in the county.
aTm '99
TX04Aggie
AG
Apparently Dora flipped out today in Commissioners Court, dropping a F bomb??!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
*hmmm....did KHOU pull the story?

OK, here we go:

CDUB98
AG
The Commandante is so over her head.
Build It
AG
Seems Lina wantsto give a guaranteed income to the poor in Harris County including illegal aliens.

Let's encourage more to come by the promise of free money! Keep working folks we are going to need your cash.

AlaskanAg99
AG
A few LGBT+ resolutions and possibly a commission being created. 4-1 votes. Ramsey spoke up on complicated issues regarding children and fairness in women's sports.

Back to direct payments, Ramsey brought up when ARPA reviews this program do they expect any clawback. Health Dept deferred to County Administrator. No answer. So...hopefully this doesn't get tagged as improper.

Garcia is making an argument to change the program so more of his PCT involved and if undocumented people can be involved and also if general funds can be used when this program ends. In the end he wants it divided up by PCT.

Lina snaps at Garcia for interrupting the women.

Not sure what she's referring to about the DA spending 5.6M without court approval. She's on a rant around 1:45 mark. She goes after Garcia a few times.
aTm '99
Build It
AG
Dropping some F bombs. She's so classy!
AlaskanAg99
AG
Item 353, on SB 1750 on returning election duties back to elected officials. Many speakers encouraged this and several pointed out those offices are held by black female democrats. Making it hard for them to argue the Elections Administrator should be an appointed position.

They voted to sue the state over the bills, 4-1.

Around 7:45 Lina going back after Garcia and throwing barbs at the DA. Calls her a bully.

Fbomb at 7:48:13. Not bleeped on the recorded feed, but not in the transcript.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
Wow, that went off the rails. They took a 10 minute break, Ramsey has the floor and demands Lina apologize for swearing to the court. They all ignore him.

He then leaves.
aTm '99
sts7049
AG
why is she so pissed at ogg?
schmellba99
AG
My god she is just stupid. Even worse, she sounds like a 6 year old on the verge of tears whenever she talks.

Harris County is a lost cause folks, outside of some apocalyptic event - this is the best it will ever be for the rest of your life.
TexasMom
Ramsey came back 10 minutes later. I was there.
AlaskanAg99
AG
sts7049 said:

why is she so pissed at ogg?

It initially goes back to DA funding I think. They just clash, and then Ogg indicted several of her staffers.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
TexasMom said:

Ramsey came back 10 minutes later. I was there.

Correct. I guess he had to go cool off since they just came back from a break to let Lina collect herself.
aTm '99
TexasMom
She ranted on Ogg for a long time. I wonder if Ogg is digging up dirt on the November election. Greg Abbott turned over the investigation to her I've been told.
whoop1995
AG
Microwave Onions said:

It's proposed for Tom Bass Park, so whatever.
I see lots of $2 bills for scrap metal
schmellba99
AG
There is something curious about this picture. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's just maybe a bit too monochrome?

https://instagr.am/p/CtILHmcpf1Z
Build It
AG
schmellba99 said:

My god she is just stupid. Even worse, she sounds like a 6 year old on the verge of tears whenever she talks.

Harris County is a lost cause folks, outside of some apocalyptic event - this is the best it will ever be for the rest of your life.

Retired last year. Headed to Llano County in 2. I'm out!
AlaskanAg99
AG
Court is today. Ramsey is not seated but may be attending remotely.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ellis Resolution on allowing county workers to unionize passed 4-1. It may just be symbolic as I don't think the state permits it.
aTm '99
texsn95
AG
schmellba99 said:

There is something curious about this picture. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's just maybe a bit too monochrome?

https://instagr.am/p/CtILHmcpf1Z
Nasty. Put a mask back on Dora.
Jack Klompus
AG

And now we have TeleSheriff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.