Houston
Sponsored by

Harris County Commissioner's Court

72,705 Views | 568 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by TJaggie14
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Oh lord...guy claiming he's going to be eaten by alligators during the next flood.
I would like to subscribe to this guy's newsletter.
AlaskanAg99
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Oh lord...guy claiming he's going to be eaten by alligators during the next flood.
I would like to subscribe to this guy's newsletter.

Was a classic Chris Farley impersonation and he bore some resemblance. I do not know if it was a skit or if that guy was serious "My neighbors don't talk to me anymore!" "My wife can't swim!"
AlaskanAg99
AG
2nd court today starts in a few. The 2nd set of tax rates for Public Health and Flood Control will occur.

Tax rates for the County and the Port district failed to pass this morning and will thus be set at the no-new revenue rate. For all new development in the kastbyear this will be added to the revenue list and also be taxed at the prior year rate. Thus resulting in increased revenue to the county.
YellAg2004
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

2nd court today starts in a few. The 2nd set of tax rates for Public Health and Flood Control will occur.

Tax rates for the County and the Port district failed to pass this morning and will thus be set at the no-new revenue rate. For all new development in the kastbyear this will be added to the revenue list and also be taxed at the prior year rate. Thus resulting in increased revenue to the county.
So since this meeting is only for Public Health and Flood Control, that's all that could be voted on, correct? What are the odds the Rs show up for this one for no other reason than to sink the talking point about not caring about hospitals or flooding? Is there a way they could be ambushed other than just getting the highest rates the Ds want rammed through 3-2?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Correct. The only items that can be discussed and voted on have to be on the agenda. This also goes for all items on the regular agenda, if they could result in action they must be listed prior and posted to the public I think 24hrs in advance.

If something is discussed and not on the agenda, it can be put on the next agenda for further discuss, public comments etc...

For tax items it has to be published in a paper of large circulation 7 days in advance to state the tax rare. If the tax rate won't be changed, and it has already been made public, then it can be regular notice.
AlaskanAg99
AG
So far Ellis and Garcia staff has shown up.

No judge. No Rs. 15 mins late.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Delayed, Garcia is at a trial.

Only 2, no quorum.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I didn't watch much but it probably went as expected. In 2 weeks after the election when the Rs return should be full of fireworks.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/10/26/with-harris-county-commissioners-no-show-county-tax-rates-revert-to-no-new-revenue-rates/

Lina continues her tempertantrum ad nauseum that they're cutting the tax rate but still have some way to fund a massive budget increase.

The one item I found interesting...

"District Attorney, Kim Ogg fired back at the budget proposal, telling KPRC "Government spending is all about priorities. Couldn't we have a shorter bike trail? Couldn't we have fewer beautification projects in neighborhoods? I don't see these budget items being cut.""
YellAg2004
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

"District Attorney, Kim Ogg fired back at the budget proposal, telling KPRC "Government spending is all about priorities. Couldn't we have a shorter bike trail? Couldn't we have fewer beautification projects in neighborhoods? I don't see these budget items being cut.""
If I didn't know any better, I would wonder if she's been red-pilled...but in reality, she's just worried about Lina's stink rubbing off on her.
JYDog90
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I didn't watch much but it probably went as expected. In 2 weeks after the election when the Rs return should be full of fireworks.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/10/26/with-harris-county-commissioners-no-show-county-tax-rates-revert-to-no-new-revenue-rates/

Lina continues her tempertantrum ad nauseum that they're cutting the tax rate but still have some way to fund a massive budget increase.

From the article you posted:

• Quote:

Harris County has experienced a decrease in average life expectancy from 78 to 69 years between 2019 and 2022
I find that very hard to believe.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Rewatching the Court yesterday.
1:45 mark Ogg steps up. She gets 1 minute.

Garcia grandstands asks, her a Yes/No question.

She wants to respond, Lina shuts her down after Ellis gets up and leaves, breaking a quorum which ends all discussion. No wonder Ogg hates Lina. The Ds do not respect any other elected officials.

From the article, Ogg wants other beautification programs to take a cut to support core responsibilities.

Other elected sheriff's & constables also line up to speak. They are all getting a hard cut at 1 minute. All slamming Lina.

Ha, getting slammed for street lights, trails and trees bybstating they are not "law enforcement".
AlaskanAg99
AG
Went to about 2:32. Lotta speakers ar 1min each. 45 mins of LEOs giving them the business.

3:01 Steve Raddick steps up to state his mind.

85 minutes or so of bashing the court.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Item 17, Preliminary Investment Memo for the Energy Infrastructure Pilot program. $200k

Solar and battery back up for up to 10 County buildings.

This is part of the County Climate Action policy that will be finalized by the end of this year.

County Election Administer: heavy turnout in 1st 2 days of early voting.
cryption
Thanks for the updates
AlaskanAg99
AG
Court has begun.

1st time in months the Rs have shown up due to the tax issues.

Interesting facts, Lina is attending remotely and Garcia is not seated. Two of the most vocal critics don't bother to show up.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Garcia arrived, election items will be taken out of order and moved up. This may be worth watching.

Cagle probably won't say anything, but Ramsey will.
Jack Klompus
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Court has begun.

1st time in months the Rs have shown up due to the tax issues.

Interesting facts, Lina is attending remotely and Garcia is not seated. Two of the most vocal critics don't bother to show up.
If I was Cagle/Ramsey, I'd go scorched earth and move to table the entire agenda except for the discussion related to the election.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm not sure they have the votes to do so. I do not know if the judge is allowed to make a vote given she's not personally there. Else it's split 2-2.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Speakers up.

Speakers are taking commissioners to task over election illregularities.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Whoa, something happened at 60 minutes in. Speaker went ballistic and they cut the feed.

All democrats left, broke quorum and now the meeting is suspended until at least 1 returns.

Many speakers were poll judges calmly explaining the issues they faced and more than one called out how these issues violated election laws and statutes. Several have called for criminal charges and for election administrator to resign.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Someone from the gallery went ballistic which caused the feed to end.

Quorum reestablished and continuing.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Thanks for the updates.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Election Admin speaking now.
He won't speak on any specific item due to pending litigation.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ramsey stated the county is a subdivision of the state. When the state does an investigation the county should comply. And he called for a full audit.

Cagle kept his comments short, and reserved them for later.

Lina: The state is harassing Harris County. Earlier she invoked Jan 6th. No fraud! No straight ticket. No drive through voting. Harassment! Intimidation!

Then admonishes Ramsey.
Ramsey retorts. 30 min lunch break.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Sounds like **** is about to come unglued.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Maybe. Cagle is reserving his comments for later.

I fully expect a lawsuit over the redrawn commissioner district maps at some point. Flipping 3&4 caused a lot of chaos and confusion and was done purely for political gain. Now that Abbot has 4 more years, I expect a lot of gloves to come off.
Jack Klompus
AG
Meanwhile...
texsn95
AG
Different location, same stupid-ass ugly face.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

I fully expect a lawsuit over the redrawn commissioner district maps at some point. Flipping 3&4 caused a lot of chaos and confusion and was done purely for political gain.
Allow me to introduce you to the concept of gerrymandering. Every party in power does it - For political gain. That's why the overwhelming majority of political districts at all levels are lopsided toward one party or the other.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I'm hearing from someone who is in the room that a bunch of election deniers are screaming at people, throwing things and generally disrupting decorum.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Going EV. 2 Mustang GTs, 8 Chevs and 10 charging stations.
Sea Speed
AG
The term election denier used as a pejorative towards anyone who even dares to speak about potential issues with elections is the same tactic covid nazis used when they labeled anyone who was innocently unsure about the vaccine, antivaxxers.

They take anyone who has any semblance of an against the grain take and label them something as negative sounding as possible, then use it as much as possible in the harshest manner they can.
AGHouston11
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

I'm hearing from someone who is in the room that a bunch of election deniers are screaming at people, throwing things and generally disrupting decorum.

What is an election denier ?
AGHouston11
AG
Jack Klompus said:

Meanwhile...

Hopefully its rest before being arrested
Mikeyshooter
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

What is an election denier ?
Apparently it's anyone who doesn't accept the fact that it takes a week to tabulate election results.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.