Houston
Sponsored by

Harris County Commissioner's Court

72,788 Views | 568 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by TJaggie14
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The spokesman for the bonding lobby is not doing his folks any favors
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Lol the bonding industry spokesman flipped Cagle to being in favor of the resolution.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Resolution on Cpl Galloway being discussed.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Thanks for your wise words Lina
P.H. Dexippus
AG
She's getting roasted
P.H. Dexippus
AG
LOL loser testifying in favor of freezing LEO budget to favor welfare spending.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Discussing the budget for the next 7 months. I'm not real clear why it's a short fiscal year.

Tax rate is set in Sept.

Ramsey going in dry on the budget. Cuts/Cuts/Cuts, and why.

"Why do we have a Treasure's Office? What do they do? I know I can't cut them entirely, 25%"

"District courts, they're so inefficient, maybe if we cut their funding, we'll get their attention by cutting them 25%"

This will not pass, but he's going in anyway.

All cuts will go to law enforcement and add 500 new officers.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Now Cagle going in dry. "Opaque Transparency" is his term for the democrats budget process.
BigTex83
AG
Interesting information listening to Michael Berry this morning (like getting traffic reports ever 10 minutes on 740 AM when I have to manipulate the Houston freeways) regarding our County Commissioners. He brought up a report in the Chronicle (never read that trash anymore) that they had investigated campaign contributions to the Commissioners and a majority of their contributions come from those that have been receiving all the County contracts. Not a surprise to me, but the message from the Chronicle was there should be more transparency as only a name has to be reported, not any company affiliation. After all the contracts lately that have been awarded to obvious "friends" of Lina and Turner over at COH, would like to see more reporting of it and maybe people will think about when voting. We need elected officials looking out for those they represent and not themselves. Added to the Harris County Commissioner thread just to vent.
YellAg2004
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Discussing the budget for the next 7 months. I'm not real clear why it's a short fiscal year.
I believe they're changing the Harris County fiscal year to line up with the Federal fiscal calendar. So this year is shorter to go from March to September, then a new budget for a full year will start and run from October 2022 to September 2023.
AlaskanAg99
AG
This will be a long court session. They just finished the topic speakers and are now onto unscheduled speakers.

And she's starting to get roasted again.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
"Adrian Garcia was on the sauce early that day."
AlaskanAg99
AG
Raddack was fairly wandering. My dogs started barking so I missed the bulk of his comments.

I also saw this: https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/02/08/former-harris-county-clerk-chris-hollins-announces-run-for-houston-mayor-in-2023/

HOUSTON Former interim Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins announced his candidacy for Houston mayor Monday afternoon.

Same guy that was flaunting state law and trying to cram through illegal voting practices.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Early voting locations going from 52 in 2020 to 90 this year.

Anticipated voter turnout in primaries:

Marvin_Zindler
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Raddack was fairly wandering. My dogs started barking so I missed the bulk of his comments.

I also saw this: https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/02/08/former-harris-county-clerk-chris-hollins-announces-run-for-houston-mayor-in-2023/

HOUSTON Former interim Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins announced his candidacy for Houston mayor Monday afternoon.

Same guy that was flaunting state law and trying to cram through illegal voting practices.
This guy is a real polished POS. Someone that should be looked out for and not trusted.
TXTransplant
Didn't he get in trouble because some money was missing or something like that? I believe he was in charge when I got paid for a jury I didn't serve on.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

This guy is a real polished POS. Someone that should be looked out for and not trusted.
I don't live in the city limits, can't vote against, but when I saw his name, I knew who he was.

They're getting to the commissioner items, so it may get heated quickly.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
climate change conference circle j___
Al Bula
AG
A vote for that collins sleaze bag is a vote for Dim election stealing.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
TXTransplant said:

Didn't he get in trouble because some money was missing or something like that? I believe he was in charge when I got paid for a jury I didn't serve on.
Just out of curiosity, do you remember if that check came from the County Treasurer, or from a payroll company (maybe A-1)?
TXTransplant
I'm almost certain it came from the county. I think it came with a letter thanking me for my service, too.

I actually called the office to tell them I should not have received payment. Whoever I spoke to did not care one bit.
1776ag
Can anyone make a post for me on the main houston page (I'm a rookie). I am hosting a meet and greet for Alex Mealer (running for Harris county judge) this sat in memorial if anyone is interested!!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Post the details here and I'll repost
1776ag
Thank you!!!

Ashley Reed (class of '16) is hosting a meet and greet for Harris County Judge candidate Alex Mealer this Sat from 1-3 pm come and go. A few of Alex's career highlights include:

- West Point Grad
- Served 5 yrs as Captain in US Army
- Harvard MBA and JD
- Past 5 yrs in ibanking

Even if you're eyeing another candidate, please swing by and meet Alex and hear what she's about! Location is in the memorial area, please email ashleyreed@aggienetwork.com to rsvp and get the address
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The "Lines Have Been Drawn" thread is probably a good place for that, so other people don't get annoyed by us having more county judge threads.
JYDog90
AG
I appreciate you posting this.

I've seen her signs and have been meaning to check her out. Unfortunately her campaign logo and signage is a bit confusing due to her surname. I totally understand why it needs to be in there. Just a bit confusing. Hope she wins.
Formerly Willy Wonka
AlaskanAg99
AG
Wow, Ogg is going after Lina and the D's. This is pretty interesting.

So what happened is the D's installed a new County Administrator. The effect of this is to bury administrative moves (hire/fire, raises, setting salaries etc). Back in Feb when they set the budget they made a great show of saying how they were supporting the DA's office and law enforcement. Ramsey objected to the D's move.

However, when it was pushed down for Office of Management Budget and the County Administrator went ahead and defunded positions, lowered salaries etc...

Ogg is exposing Lina/Garcia/Ellis' moves.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ha, Ogg just called Dave Barry (County Administrator) and basically CC thieves.

The Court/Admin hired PFM to do a study on salaries/law enforcement needs. Ogg blasts him as an author of a paper called "Defunding the Police".

Lina/Garcia/Ellis are tuned out.
AustinCountyAg
link?
AlaskanAg99
AG
https://www.harriscountytx.gov/Government/Court-Agenda/Court-Videos

Court is now 2.5hrs in. I think this topic started around 1:45 in? Not sure if you can go back or will have to wait until tomorrow.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Today is court.

Looks like HCTRA is doing something with their bonds, but frankly I can't understand that gibberish. I only know Lina and Dems robbed the HCTRA funds a few years back.

Elections Administrator, request for approval of the updated early voting and election day polling locations. No other action on employees.

Nothing on the County Attorney of interest, vs last court where Ogg was berating the court. Also nothing on the 'computer glitches' that sent detainees back in public. However, depending on when those allegations came to light they may appear on the next court.

Alright, PCT 4, Ramsey, is attempting to end the emergency powers of the County Judge. Item 196.

Also, going after Elevate Strategies to reclaim every penny awarded during that contract.

Supplemental Items:
ID and find a search firm to assist in hiring of an Elections Administrator.

There it is: Item 231: Request by Universal Services for an Exec Session for discussion of JWEB.
Also item 251, more discussion on JWEB. PCT3
Also item 253, action related to JWEB. PCT4

Item 238, as related to Ogg's blowup last Court, fund all their positions.

Sounds like there may be some fireworks today. Problem is when they will happen.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Jweb?
AlaskanAg99
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Jweb?
J is for Justice, and this is the system that failed which resulted in the release of nearly 300 detainees early.

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3280892
https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3268800 go to page 24 to see more about this.
Jack Klompus
AG
Precinct 4 = Cagle
AlaskanAg99
AG
Jack Klompus said:

Precinct 4 = Cagle
Dammit, I keep getting that confused after they flipped them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.