Houston
Sponsored by

May flood event

33,516 Views | 279 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FHKChE07
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, it's not even showing the red light at the bottom that it normally shows when it's turned off. I've tried 4 different outlets and nothing.

I wanted a new TV, but I wanted the one that is fried to replace that old ass plasma in the front room since it's a 3 year old 4K. Oh well. Guess it's time to start shopping. It's
BohunkAg
AG
I've had my sh-t fried by lightning twice. It's not fun. Sorry you are having to deal with that.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
A couple of times my TV would not turn on (no red light) using the remote and I had to use the power on/off on the TV to get it to come on. After that the remote worked fine turning it on/off. Just something to try if you haven't done so already.
Sea Speed
AG
Have you tried putting the TV in a bag of rice?
redag06
Lately when I have been home I have started unplugging some of my electronics during these type of events.
Cromagnum
AG
redag06 said:

Lately when I have been home I have started unplugging some of my electronics during these type of events.

It's not bulletproof but a whole home surge protector combined with point of use surge protector helps a lot.
aTm2004
AG
Yeah, tried that as well and nothing.
aTm2004
AG
Sea Speed said:

Don't have a bag large enough. Can I borrow the one you put over your wife's head when you climb on her?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
aTm2004 said:

Sea Speed said:

Don't have a bag large enough. Can I borrow the one you put over your wife's head when you climb on her?

Oh look, an aTm vs. third coast e-fight
redag06
Cromagnum said:

redag06 said:

It's not bulletproof but a whole home surge protector combined with point of use surge protector helps a lot.
I have one of those as well, but as you said it isn't bulletproof. It is easy enough to unplug for a few minutes to an hour for a storm to pass if I'm home.
BohunkAg
AG
Cromagnum said:

redag06 said:

I caught it through my Internet one time. We have a weird sort of point to point Internet and it hit where it comes into the house. Fried my router and everything. Learned you can put a surge protector on where your Internet comes in.
DiskoTroop
aTm2004 said:

Yeah, it's not even showing the red light at the bottom that it normally shows when it's turned off. I've tried 4 different outlets and nothing.

I wanted a new TV, but I wanted the one that is fried to replace that old ass plasma in the front room since it's a 3 year old 4K. Oh well. Guess it's time to start shopping. It's
My parents in Oakhurst had something similar happen monday night. Fried their garage door motor and a TV in the back room.
gigemJTH12
AG
looking at the radar...this thing is barely moving.

so are they expecting this big red blob in Corpus to make it up to us? or the yellow one further north?

wish I could find a radar that reaches out more than 2 hours.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
gigemJTH12 said:

looking at the radar...this thing is barely moving.

so are they expecting this big red blob in Corpus to make it up to us? or the yellow one further north?

wish I could find a radar that reaches out more than 2 hours
With Memorial Day and Tax Day being so close together, I am personally expecting a cataclysmic flooding event, the likes of which we have never seen.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Maybe with a side of Flag Day tossed in?
Foamcows
AG
A few years back I saw the alerts and went around and unplugged/switched off some devices, and about an hour later we took a direct hit. Unfortunately my efforts didn't fully work as I didn't disconnect the cable wire from the TV and the electricity traveled via the coax. Also anything where I turned off the surge protector but left it plugged into the wall also did not survive. The biggest pain was losing the garage door opener.
aTm2004
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

aTm2004 said:

Sea Speed said:

Oh look, an aTm vs. third coast e-fight

Is that who it is? At least I know he'll laugh it off and dish it out.
FHKChE07
AG
The big thing is also to make sure that the surge protector is actually worth something. Most things that people buy are barely surge protectors and I've seen some that are just wires inside with no surge capacity.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
ChipFTAC01 said:

Maybe with a side of Flag Day tossed in?
It's also National Speech Pathologists Day per a friend on IG. We. Are. F***ed.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Cromagnum
AG
A few of the models are now showing this blob to spin up into a disturbance and dump some more rain on the area starting tomorrow evening.

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I think CostCo sells them.
Seabreeze
Yep.

Anti-taxxer
AG
What the hell is all this???
gougler08
AG
Way too early for that nonsense
jetch17
AG
Mother natures butthole
Sea Speed
AG
jetch17 said:

Mother natures butthole

v
jetch17
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

Silky Johnston
Seabreeze
Anti-taxxer said:

Probably nothing, but could be something
Seabreeze
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Seabreeze said:

?itemid=8582457
chimpanzee

Looks like it's mostly going to bother the fish for the next 7 days.
CDUB98
AG
FERK!!
Seabreeze

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.