Houston
Sponsored by

May flood event

33,534 Views | 279 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FHKChE07
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

About 5 minutes before the storm went pound town on my street moved the ********s trash he cleaned out of his garage out of the way of the gutter

******* is going to get a piece of my mind tomorrow

Wat?
CDUB98
AG
Just hit the GOOF.

Dddaaaammmm
Serotonin
AG
aTm2004 said:

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

About 5 minutes before the storm went pound town on my street moved the ********s trash he cleaned out of his garage out of the way of the gutter

******* is going to get a piece of my mind tomorrow

Wat?
Give him a break guys, he upgraded his storm rating from beer to bourbon about 3 hours ago.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
True synopsis in English below:
Storm is bad
******* neighbor blocked storm drain with trash
I moved it
He's an *******
RangerRick9211
AG
Butt is ready in the Heights. ****s loud.
schmellba99
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

From 9:36 to 9:46 I picked up 1.01" on the gauge in LMF

LMF?
aTm2004
AG
tk for tu juan
2.2 inches in an hour, not bad
Ragoo
AG
tk for tu juan said:

2.2 inches in an hour, not bad
twss
tk for tu juan
little hook echo near 90 and BW8
Cromagnum
AG
tk for tu juan said:

little hook echo near 90 and BW8

Yep. They tornado warned it. It's near Channelview headed towards Crosby
lunchbox
Looks like Kingwood/Humble is just getting some heavy rain and thunder. All the winds seem to be further south.
Sea Speed
AG
Harry Lime said:

I'm out in the piney woods NE of the tine, but have been watching bright lighting to the West. Should get hit soon, but it's moving slower than the radar showed earlier today.

Spent yesterday and today out by Lumberton and the amount of water on the ground was incredible. Road in to to the place will certainly be underwater tonight.
aTm2004
AG
lunchbox said:

Looks like Kingwood/Humble is just getting some heavy rain and thunder. All the winds seem to be further south.

Lightening had to have hit a neighbor's tree. Our house lit up and a huge crack of thunder hit. Looks like it was 1 or 2 houses up the street. Woke my wife up but not the kids.
W
AG
whoa, that was intense for about 20 minutes --- moved onto the east now
JobSecurity
AG
Some of the models say that's all of the rain we'll get this week and others say we'll get 6 more inches tomorrow. Crazy how variable they are over the next 48 hours
atmtws
AG
Thank god they located India before this doozie of a storm system hit.
Cromagnum
AG
JobSecurity said:

Some of the models say that's all of the rain we'll get this week and others say we'll get 6 more inches tomorrow. Crazy how variable they are over the next 48 hours

Most of the ones I've seen have this same **** happening tomorrow evening.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Saw some cows and horses clinging to the road on the drive out today.

Rain and lightning have reached me now. Wish I had a better camera; it looks neat out here from the safety of an elevated deck.
agz win
AG
Still heavy rain and loud here and dogs are freaking and pacing. Radar is showing more yellow forming so Suck.
AMW2010
AG
I was driving home from school this evening Tomball to cypress... got hot as it was coming through. That was slightly scary to drive in.

There was 2 suvs flipped upside down, not sure how that even happened, the power was out on barker, so it was dark, constant lighting flashing in the sky, rain coming in sideways, strong winds, it hailed on me, the roads were flooded. I was glad to get home and off the roads for sure.

I get home and watch the back end of the Astros game, and never lose service on my direct tv, but it can be cloudy out and have lost service.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
schmellba99 said:

TitanAGGIE09 said:

From 9:36 to 9:46 I picked up 1.01" on the gauge in LMF

LMF?

Long Meadow Farms, sorry thought I replied directly to a guy in Pecan Grove which is down street. Probably was confusing lol
ChipFTAC01
AG
Almost 3" of rain last night (plus what we got on Sunday) and moron neighbor is running his sprinklers.
Sea Speed
AG
Just playing devils advocate, but they could be automatic and he just forgot to cancel them
gougler08
AG
Sea Speed said:

Just playing devils advocate, but they could be automatic and he just forgot to cancel them
Ya think?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I know for a fact that they are automatic because they come on at exactly the same time every morning regardless of the rainfall amount and it's never dawned on him that maybe he doesn't need to run them 12 months a year regardless of rainfall.
Sea Speed
AG
gougler08 said:

Sea Speed said:

Ya think?

I was just trying to be polite in a situation that was rather obvious. Wont make that mistake again.
HtownAg92
AG
CDUB98 said:

Just hit the GOOF.

Dddaaaammmm
Yeah, it was pretty hairy for a while, some serious wind and lightning. Worst thing for me was my damn alarm system blared out an emergency severe weather warning, waking up the kids before the storms came. Then for good measure, after waiting an appropriate time for them to fall asleep again, went off again. Disabled that crying wolf m'fer and hoped that a real tornado didn't come.

Big Cat `93
AG
I'm in Silsbee, and we didn't have anything too crazy. Drove to Beaumont and back this morning, and it looked we just had a normal spring rain.
Sea Speed
AG
I think it had more to do with the topography of the land and the fact that it is adjacent to q bayou. Rrally we were SW of Lumberton.
aTm2004
AG
aTm2004 said:

lunchbox said:

Lightening had to have hit a neighbor's tree. Our house lit up and a huge crack of thunder hit. Looks like it was 1 or 2 houses up the street. Woke my wife up but not the kids.

Welp, internet is out and not working, so I've been dealing with Suddenlink all morning trying to get them out here faster than Tuesday. Aaaaaand our TV in the living room is fried. Sound bar is fine, but TV won't even come on. Tried plugging it into several outlets around the house. The old ass TV in the front room not on a surge protector works fine.

Edit: neighbor's tree. There were pieces of it in my yard and the yard to my 10, and a giant branch down in neighbor's yard.

Big Cat `93
AG
Say no more. That area feels it when we get heavy rain.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Great lightning show last night. Almost daylight a couple times.
Diggity
AG
we had a tree get hit a few years ago and it jacked up our TV and several Sonos systems (amongst other things).

What I noticed on my main TV has that the HDMI inputs were fried but the other inputs worked fine. Apparently those are very sensitive to spikes.

You mentioned it's not turning on at all, so this probably won't help, but I would always suggest trying other inputs if your HDMI isn't responding.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.