Houston
Sponsored by

F3 - Free Men's workout - come join us!

48,396 Views | 405 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rule Number 32
CyanideJenkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nosoupforyou said:

jrrhouston98 said:

I'm in Katy. I looked a while back and didn't see a group. What part of west houston are you in? I'd love to get involved in this.

There are groups near Fry Road and I-10, Westgreen and I-10

As well as a group near Seven Lakes HS and another group near Jordan High School in Cross Creek Ranch

I'll be at the one at Kingsland Baptist parking lot at 5:30 Tue and Thu- come find us!
How can I get more info on the group near Jordan High School in Cross Creek? Can't find it on the site. That's probably the closest one to me. I live just north of there.

TIA and Gig'em!
k20dub
AG
I workout with "The Shed" in the Woodlands. It's a great group of guys. Ages range from 25 - 60. Anyone in the Woodlands, feel free to contact me for more info.
nosoupforyou
AG
CyanideJenkins said:

nosoupforyou said:

jrrhouston98 said:

I'm in Katy. I looked a while back and didn't see a group. What part of west houston are you in? I'd love to get involved in this.

As well as a group near Seven Lakes HS and another group near Jordan High School in Cross Creek Ranch

I'll be at the one at Kingsland Baptist parking lot at 5:30 Tue and Thu- come find us!
How can I get more info on the group near Jordan High School in Cross Creek? Can't find it on the site. That's probably the closest one to me. I live just north of there.

TIA and Gig'em!

I got this from the guys running that group

easiest way is go to where Cinco ranch Blvd becomes Fulshear Bend at the intersection of 1463 and Cinco Ranch Blvd.
Take Fulshear Bend west past the HEB and Jordan High school, you'll reach light at cross creek bend, make a right then an immediate right into Pine Park where The Tank resides. Google Pine Park to find it easily on a map.

5:15 Tu/Thur
6 on Sat
nosoupforyou
AG
AggieStan said:

Rice Military area/Memorial Park ??
you going tomorrow? Report back your thoughts! you won't regret it - arrive 5 minutes early to meet the guys a bit and stretch
nosoupforyou
AG
you going to give it a shot on Friday? The poster above plans to go - he has contact info for the leader. if you want, I can try to connect you guys so you can ask questions

you won't regret attending (other than the pain and soreness that will occur after your first few times to attend)
nosoupforyou
AG
you going out there in the am?

Try to arrive 5 -10 mins early to stretch and meet the guys before it starts. bring gloves - that's all you need. and you can meet swbiffy since he will be there tomorrow

Report back your thoughts
MAS444
AG
When I saw the number of replies on this thread and then finally clicked it - I was very surprised. What the hell is going on here?!?!?
nosoupforyou
AG
MAS444 said:

When I saw the number of replies on this thread and then finally clicked it - I was very surprised. What the hell is going on here?!?!?

I posted the OP to help others learn about something that has had a positive impact on my life - so that it might do the same for them

Read the OP and PM me if you prefer- happy to answer any questions you have
aTmLoKi
AG
nosoupforyou said:

CyanideJenkins said:

nosoupforyou said:

jrrhouston98 said:

TIA and Gig'em!

I got this from the guys running that group

easiest way is go to where Cinco ranch Blvd becomes Fulshear Bend at the intersection of 1463 and Cinco Ranch Blvd.
Take Fulshear Bend west past the HEB and Jordan High school, you'll reach light at cross creek bend, make a right then an immediate right into Pine Park where The Tank resides. Google Pine Park to find it easily on a map.

5:15 Tu/Thur
6 on Sat
Thanks. This is the one closest to me as well.
nosoupforyou
AG
Awesome!

Weather is great and they meet up tomorrow.. hope you can make it!

Give us an update if you can
bigjag19
AG
MAS444 said:

Depression.
Al Bula
AG
I think it's badass that guys are getting out there and busting ass to be better. Chicks don't want a sad sack of bubblegum (unless you're already loaded with cash). Other dudes won't take you seriously if you're a tub of goo. Improvement is key.
SnowboardAg
AG
Sorry been a crazy day with work and just seeing this.

Was texting a neighborhood friend to join me, but his week has been busy and mine as well. Definitely plan to do Saturday with or without friend. Will let you know.
Post removed:
by user
AggieLong
AG
Anything in Spring Branch, or is the closest in the Energy Corridor?
nosoupforyou
AG
AggieLong said:

There is interest in starting Spring branch In fact the guy that is starting the energy Corridor group is doing it because he wants it to grow big enough so that he can start spring branch where he lives ASAP.. he has been driving to Fry Road all this time so Corridor is a start

Come join us Saturday at 6:30 at Bridgepoint- I'll be there myself
lancevance
How has Corona impacted F3? Does the circle of trust still happen?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
lancevance said:

Trust falls happen from six feet apart so wear a helmet.
nosoupforyou
AG
lancevance said:

It's been a slow progression of growth once F3 opened back up, and guys got more comfortable.

We close every group with the circle of trust But even that is at a distance... there is something called the ball of man where everybody gets in tight But we don't do that during regular groups.

This is such an encouraging type group, anyone that wanted to keep distance would be able to do that with no problem Respect.

I have not seen anybody wear a mask Which is probably smart for safety reasons if you're breathing hard, but if you wanted to do that, no one would have a problem of course.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
nosoupforyou
AG
Nope - And pls don't derail the thread
Post removed:
by user
nosoupforyou
AG
third coast.. said:

nosoupforyou said:

Nope - And pls don't derail the thread

No offense, but telling people not to derail will make people want to derail even more.

Show some respect guys - This isn't about (or likely for) you.. just move on please
Post removed:
by user
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Back in the day I used to play some sports with second baptist's young adults group. It was a good time and really good folks. At the end of the game or whatever, there was always a 'see you on Sunday' moment. Don't think it was an active recruiting motion, but after enough times, it kinda seems like get on board, or get the f off thing. This seems the same. Or it is somehow Amway.
nosoupforyou
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Back in the day I used to play some sports with second baptist's young adults group. It was a good time and really good folks. At the end of the game or whatever, there was always a 'see you on Sunday' moment. Don't think it was an active recruiting motion, but after enough times, it kinda seems like get on board, or get the f off thing. This seems the same. Or it is somehow Amway.
sounds like a bad experience - I'm sorry that happened to you.

The official Mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve mens small group workouts, for the invigoration of male community leadership.

So.. pretty much the opposite of your experience.
We push each other hard in the workout, but you will find out eventually that the workout is not about you getting fit (you will!) - it's about helping the guy behind you that needs it. it's being there every time you can make it for your brothers in the gloom.

That's why I'm asking you guys nicely to stop with the negativity. When I'm out there at 5:30 am, I'd rather walk through the exercise with a new guy that can't keep up and help him finish than beat my personal record.

THAT'S what F3 is about.

And when you understand it - you can't help but want to share it with others because it has changed my life for the better.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Why won't you just say what church this is stemming from? Are you purposefully trying to hide it? Seems better to be up front rather than get folks out before the crack of dawn and then spring it on them.
schmendeler
AG
they have to be inside the circle of trust, in a ball of man, first.
nosoupforyou
AG

Why won't you just say what church this is stemming from? Are you purposefully trying to hide it? Seems better to be up front rather than get folks out before the crack of dawn and then spring it on them.
the faith part is like AA- it is not a christian group and there's no pressure to be Christian..

this started over 11 years ago in North Carolina and spread across the country

I promise you there are muslims and athiests and catholics and former baptists in my group - it's all good - we all get along great - and there IS a prayer at the end of the Circle of Trust - sometimes the volunteer leader asks someone else to pray because he would rather not.

look - it's not for everyone -that's fine if you aren't interested but others are so please don't make this about you... just PM me please and I'll share more.
RK
AG
you guys are way over-thinking this. if you want a free workout with other people in a place that's relatively proximal to your residence...this is a good option. it will kick your ass. if you don't, go over-critique females on the weather/traffic thread.
Post removed:
by user
k20dub
AG

Bruh. We pray at the end of the workout and that's it. If that's not for you, then move on.
nosoupforyou
AG
you going to give it a shot in the am?
nosoupforyou
AG
AggieLong said:

great weather tomorrow - I'll be out there at Bridgepoint at 5:30 - hope to see you there - let me know if I can look for you

there are some from Spring Valley and Spring Shadows that will be there - they all want a closer location so it won't be too long

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.