Houston
Sponsored by

F3 - Free Men's workout - come join us!

49,671 Views | 405 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Rule Number 32
nosoupforyou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love it!

Hope to see you tomorrow at the Hall of Pain for some sandbag work!
nosoupforyou
AG
nosoupforyou
AG
nosoupforyou
AG
ChrisTheClassic said:

nosoupforyou said:

Shoot me an email - I monitor F3Katy@gmail.com and I can connect you with those guys

Or
Ideally you drive in and meet us at The Corridor near I-10 and Eldridge- and then I will go out your way and meet your guys at Juergens Park
Thanks! I will send you an email here shortly.
Hope all is well - I never did get an email from you - will be on the lookout
nosoupforyou
AG
Z3phyr said:

nosoupforyou said:

Z3phyr said:

I'm in Jersey Village

The Crux meets at 17100 West Road on Mon/Wed/Fri at 5:30, and Sat at 6:30.

I can have the guys be on the lookout for you - or you could drive just a little farther and do your first visit at my group (and 2 others from this thread) at The Corridor which meets at Bridgepoint near Eldridge and I-10, but on Tue/Thu/Sat

We meet rain or shine so tomorrow is ON!

Alarm set for 5, I'll give the closer one a go

How'd it go?? did you make it?
OnlyForNow
Rodolfojmv
AG
Today, I went for my 1st workout to The Hogg, which is the group that meets at Memorial Park. I am not gonna lie, the workout was TOUGH! The good thing is that there were 10 other awesome guys who were super motivating during the workouts. It is peer-led, so you realized ALL the effort that others put out to plan the workout of the day.
The exercises are varied, so you can do calisthenics, weight training and jogs. It is a FULL workout!
If your goal is to get/stay in-shape and you enjoy working out as a group, F3 is GREAT for you!! The team motivation and sense of community is a PLUS!

I would like to thank the original poster, since I found out about it through this thread. I also heard that several other men have joined thanks to this post as well.

If you are a former Corps of Cadets member, you'll encounter similarities with the workouts from the Corps: Cadence, Endurance and Support as a Team.
nosoupforyou
AG
FYI - there is a special event on Saturday - the Launch of a new group.
Many groups will close down and all go there - so instead of 15-20 guys, there will be 100 or so!

6:30am at The Point - the group just south of City Center - near Tallowood Church and a park that is close by.

We meet rain or shine or cold - so if anyone is thinking about F3, a Launch is a great way to jump in.

www.F3Katy.com for more info

Hope to see some new guys out there!
OnlyForNow
AG
nosoupforyou said:

Many groups will close down and all go there - so instead of 15-20 guys, there will be 100 or so!

6:30am at The Point - the group just south of City Center - near Tallowood Church and a park that is close by.

We meet rain or shine or cold - so if anyone is thinking about F3, a Launch is a great way to jump in.

This is a great chance to try F3 and also get a damn good workout in. There is literally nothing to be worried about.
CyanideJenkins
AG
OnlyForNow said:

nosoupforyou said:

This is a great chance to try F3 and also get a damn good workout in. There is literally nothing to be worried about.

I started with F3 because of this very thread. I've been going anywhere from 2 to 5 times a week since May 2021. You won't regret it.
Twayne_02
AG
Just another guy with great things to say about F3. I've been posting at The Spigot in Cinco Ranch for a few months. Fellowship, accountability and a great workout. Some groups have ruck and sandbag workouts as well, which are a great change of pace from the typical body weight workouts as well.

Something I didn't see mentioned yet is all the extra curricular events that pop up. If you've ever wanted to do a triathlon or run a half/whole marathon, tough mudder, MS150, etc and wanted some guys to train/run with, join an F3 group. Name the activity and there are F3 guys doing it or already or who will jump to do it with you.
I'm running my first half in Katy next weekend and doing the College Station tough mudder in March with a great group of F3 guys.
nonreg09
SpreadsheetAg said:

Wish there was one north of 290; west and queenston isn't exactly Cypress
Not sure how far North of 290 you're looking, but this past year, there's been an explosion of AO's (Areas of Operations = what we call where we meet) in the area. Myself and another guy are trying to launch an AO in Tomball at Juergen's Park. We meet Tuesdays & Thursdays @0530 and Saturday's @ 0630

We'd love to have you out! Hit me up if you're interested
nonreg09
Daddy-O5 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Wish there was one north of 290; west and queenston isn't exactly Cypress
Ditto. In Tomball and the closest looks to be the spring one at the GP and 45. May give it a try soon.
So I know I'm late to this response, too since I was just introduced to this thread recently, but like I said myself and another guy are trying to launch an AO in Tomball at Juergen's Park. We meet Tuesdays & Thursdays @0530 and Saturday's @ 0630

nonreg09
k20dub said:

I live in Tomball and drive to the Woodlands one. About a 20 minute drive going 99. The 99 and 45 one is solid too, got started about 6 months ago so numbers aren't super high but that can be a good thing.
I'd love to catch up with you and see if you're interested in checking out our new AO in Tomball! Hit me up
nonreg09
ChrisTheClassic said:

I would definitely be willing to give this a shot if one opens up in the Tomball/Magnolia area
Come see us in Tomball at The Depot!!

Juergen's Park. We meet Tuesdays & Thursdays @0530 and Saturday's @ 0630

nonreg09
First of all, I can't tell you how PUMPED reading this thread got me. TCLAPS to OP because this has been an amazing journey for a lot of you and I got goosebumps watching you and your excitement grow with F3 Houston/Katy.

Ok. Now that I'm caught up....

I'm Nonreg09 here, FLiP in the Corps (Class of '09 Whoop!), and Sandblaster in F3. I can't wait to meet those I haven't!

2017 I was living in DFW and had a buddy that was a few years ahead of me in the Corps and was like "Dude, you need to check out F3. You. Will. Love. It!
Like most, I was skeptical and sure didn't want to wake up any earlier than I had to anymore; especially with a 2 year old.

Fast forward to 2018 and my job moves us back to the Houston area where my buddy was located (He went to The Hogg), and again, he EH'd (Emotional Headlock, AKA recruiting) the heck out of me until finally I looked in the mirror 40lbs heavier than ever and was like "F3 better be for me because that's not looking good."
Living in North Houston, I noticed like so many of you that there was a HUGE gap without AO's. Closest to me was The Shed up in The Woodlands... 25 mins one way... but, I trusted my buddy and have been posting ever since!
It's a cult as much as A&M is. It's the experience, the purpose, and the people (sound familiar?) that draws you in deep and keeps you coming back.

I was at The Shed for 2 1/2 years, (lil 6 month hiatus), The Falls (Spring, TX) for 1 year, and am now in the process of launching The Depot at Juergen's Park in Tomball!

If you read this thread, you know what F3 is about. All you have to do now is decide if it's for you or not, set that alarm clock, and not snooze it. Getting out of bed is literally the hardest part of it, but I've never, not one time in 5 years, regretted getting out of the fart sack.
Come on out! Hit me up if you're interested and SYITG (See you in the Gloom!)

-Sandblaster out
SJEAg
AG
6+ mos after joining off this thread - I'm still all in. I attend most every BD and am now training for the Brazos 50 mi in April with some guys from my AO (lots of DDs and Sunday Rundays!). Getting into this was definitely the smartest decision I made last year.

And yeah, as the previous poster mentioned, the culti-ness is very Aggie like. I think suddenly being around a lot of like-minded folks and making so many new friends at once, it socially almost feels like freshman year in college. Except a lot healthier and well, no women...but like 90% are married w/kids. But think it really filled a certain void in my life outside of the fitness.

ChrisTheClassic
AG
Did my first post this morning with the Tomball group. Was great to finally get out and see what it is about! Let me encourage you guys to go check it out, even if you think it's a little weird. It is, and that's part of the fun. This definitely feels like something I've been missing in my life for a long time.

If anyone out there is thinking about starting up, but it's worried about not keeping up, rest assured that you won't be alone. You'll get encouraged and helped to finish... Believe me I was not ready for that level of workout, but I finished and now have a great starting point for the day.

All if you guys thinking about doing the Tomball group, let's get together and do one soon and get that area growing!
RC_57
AG
Thinking about giving this a shot.

Just need to decide which location.

House to 17100 West is right at 9 miles, to Juergens ~12.
So 6 of one, /12 a dozen to the other as far as distance from home.

And as early as these are, don't think traffic is going to be an issue, coming or going

Any benefit to one location or the other? Or is it a coin toss?

Thanks all
SJEAg
AG
RC_57 said:

Any benefit to one location or the other? Or is it a coin toss?

They'll be pretty similar, especially as far as the group makeup. Most probably just go where it's most convenient, especially on weekdays.

Some of the locations/parks may have characteristics that create opportunities that interest you. In Fort Bend, one location has a large hill that gets incorporated into a lot of workouts. Another is on a soccer field, so most of the time is spent on grass. Some AOs may have pull-up bars available. Mine is a good mix where we spend time on pavement, grass, smaller hills. Lot of guys move around a lot, so even though I go to the same location 95% of the time I've gotten to know most of the guys in the region. Every once in a while, often anniversary type events, areas will "converge" at one planned location on a Saturday for a large workout.
nosoupforyou
AG
I'd suggest you try the Juergens group - they are still just getting started and hoping to grow their numbers - but it's ok to try other groups if you are in the middle - but as noted it's most common to attend the closest, most convenient group
ChrisTheClassic
AG
RC - would love to have you come out to the Tomball group (The Depot) at Juergens! As I mentioned in my previous post, this feels like something that has been missing in my life for a long time. I haven't played team sports in a few years since hurting my knee, back, and everything in between playing soccer, and this really fills a little bit of that void having a couple other guys to grind with in the morning.

The Depot is still small, but I think once it gets a core group of guys that consistently meet up, it is going to grow. There are so many people in this area, and it is a good location that fills a gap in the current F3 map. I'm hopeful that it can grow enough to split off and open an AO in the Magnolia area, as I already know at least one guy up there that is interested, but it is a long drive for him to currently make it out.

I've only been twice, but I plan on making this a consistent thing in my life. This morning was tough to get up for, but I am 100% glad I went (even in the cold and rainy weather). We have a big awning area that we work out in, so the rain didnt affect us, and once we got through the warmup I was sweating even though it was cold.

Even if you don't make it out to the Depot, I encourage you to give it a shot. You will find a community wherever you end up, and I would bet money that it sucks you in like everyone else on this thread. Let me know if you want some more information and I can post my email to get it to you.
RC_57
AG
May try to make it to "The Depot at Juergens" this coming Thursday (3/10)

What time? 5:30?
And general location, or is it easy to find, as we would be the only idiots in the park at that time?
ChrisTheClassic
AG
Yep, 5:30 is when it starts so might want to get there about 5:25 or so. If the gates are open we will be the only cars there. If they are closed, we park at the gymnastics place right across the street. There is a police car that is there so don't let that throw you off.

Make sure to check out the f3nation lexicon or watch some of the intro videos so you can see how the workouts are run. It's pretty easy to pick up (and the leader, or Q, will walk you through everything anyway) but it is good to know a few of the terms coming in.

Looking forward to meeting you!
nosoupforyou
AG
We now have www.F3Katy.com up and running

The Tomball one isn't listed but there is a great video on the front page that shows a lot about the workouts.. I'm one of the sprinters they show (not the big dude!)
ChrisTheClassic
AG
Hey RC - just wanted to post to make sure you knew Saturdays don't start until 6:30. Didn't want you possibly showing up at 5:30 and not being happy about being the only one!

It's gonna be a cold one tomorrow, but usually my layers are gone in about 15 minutes no matter how cold it is when we start!

SYITG!
nonreg09
RC_57 said:

And general location, or is it easy to find, as we would be the only idiots in the park at that time?
Hopefully you can make it out this week RC! Look forward to meeting you
jac4
AG
I've been following this thread and am interested in F3. What would it take to get one started in Bryan-College Station?
nosoupforyou
AG
jac4 said:

I've been following this thread and am interested in F3. What would it take to get one started in Bryan-College Station?

Oh man! There has been others that asked about this - would be great?

Pls email me at F3Katy@gmail.com and I can make some connections
jac4
AG
Email sent.
nosoupforyou
AG
I'm excited to share that we're now in the process of expanding F3 into the Bryan/College Station area!

If you know of anyone that lives in the area and is interested, please have them respond to this thread below on the Aggieland Board and I'll help get them connected to the guys that are talking about it. No starting timeline set just yet but... it's happening!

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3279146/replies/61715899
ChrisTheClassic
AG
Had a friend in town from the Austin area this last weekend, and he joined us out at The Depot Saturday morning. He's texted me about it a few times since coming out - mostly about being sore after returning back home, but also about how much he enjoyed it and is glad he came out.

Turns out he has an AO about 2 miles from his house, so he's thinking about giving it a shot there. I hope he does - he honestly was the first person that popped in my head after my first workout as someone who would really enjoy F3.

One thing I noticed on the F3Austin website - they have figured out a way to scrub BB's for PAX names, and they keep an actual log in google spreadsheets that tracks their attendance. Pretty cool! Turns out the AO near my friend has averaged 7 each BD this year.
ChrisTheClassic
AG
RC_57 said:

RC - did you ever have a chance to check out the other location?

We have two other FNG's (friendly new guys) coming out in the morning at the Depot for their first post, so if you are nervous about being the new guy, tomorrow would be a great time to give it a shot! I just passed my 10th post, and have loved it.

Just wanted to pass along some encouragement in case you were still on the fence.

Gig em!
OnlyForNow
AG
F3 Katy does this VERY well.

I think all Katy PAX are entered into a spreadsheet and almost any of the AOQs can bring it up and share with men about how many total posts they have, DDs, etc.
ChrisTheClassic
AG
Well, I am doing my VQ (first lead) tomorrow out at the Depot. Wanted to throw out a quick invite to anyone who might still be on the fence about joining. Come out and watch me struggle-bus my way through leading!

Just kidding - it should be a good time for all. We have such a good group of guys out there, and it has been growing like crazy. Two new FNG's this week that seem bought in!

Here's what is in store for tomorrow at the Depot!

6:30AM - Juergen's Park in Tomball.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.