Houston
Sponsored by

F3 - Free Men's workout - come join us!

49,742 Views | 405 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Rule Number 32
AggieLong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good to know. I recently started a new job so hadnt had a chance to make it out yet. We are expecting our second baby next week, so hopefully I can start making it out once we get settled.
ChrisTheClassic
AG
I am but we don't live up there yet. Moving up that direction from corpus in a couple of months
SJEAg
AG
I hit the Sugar Land Memorial Park session for the first time this morning. Very cool...nice bunch of guys and a good workout. Think this will give me a good opportunity to hit things I don't usually do on my own. I plan to be a regular on Saturdays, maybe I'll try a weekday at some point.
Z3phyr
What is the typical age range that shows up?
CyanideJenkins
AG
Z3phyr said:

Honestly you get the full spectrum. 20s-50/60s.

Because of the structure, you will get a great workout regardless of age or fitness level. No man gets left behind. It is literally you against you.
Chaca
AG
Z3phyr said:

I've seen 17 -67 year olds. Lots of 30 and 40 year olds.
nosoupforyou
AG
SJEAg said:

I hit the Sugar Land Memorial Park session for the first time this morning. Very cool...nice bunch of guys and a good workout. Think this will give me a good opportunity to hit things I don't usually do on my own. I plan to be a regular on Saturdays, maybe I'll try a weekday at some point.

Awesome! Thanks for the update
nosoupforyou
AG
Z3phyr said:

Where do you live by the way? Can help see which group is closest to you
Z3phyr
I'm in Jersey Village
nosoupforyou
AG
Z3phyr said:

I'm in Jersey Village

The Crux meets at 17100 West Road on Mon/Wed/Fri at 5:30, and Sat at 6:30.

I can have the guys be on the lookout for you - or you could drive just a little farther and do your first visit at my group (and 2 others from this thread) at The Corridor which meets at Bridgepoint near Eldridge and I-10, but on Tue/Thu/Sat

We meet rain or shine so tomorrow is ON!
Z3phyr
nosoupforyou said:

Z3phyr said:

I'm in Jersey Village

The Crux meets at 17100 West Road on Mon/Wed/Fri at 5:30, and Sat at 6:30.

I can have the guys be on the lookout for you - or you could drive just a little farther and do your first visit at my group (and 2 others from this thread) at The Corridor which meets at Bridgepoint near Eldridge and I-10, but on Tue/Thu/Sat

We meet rain or shine so tomorrow is ON!

Alarm set for 5, I'll give the closer one a go
nosoupforyou
AG
Just bring a water bottle and have a good time!

I'll let them (my friend Paul is a leader there) know to look for you - report back afterwards! try to get there 5 mins early or so.

If it's actively raining they will meet on the front side under the cover. They meet rain or shine so bring a seat cover / towel - rain days are still great
nosoupforyou
AG
BUMP!

well - we have had 6 guys from this thread join in with F3 in groups from the Memorial Park to City Center area and all the way out to Fulshear. AWESOME! These guys are out there weekly and are all in - and it was really cool meeting them many times now as they have all lead the group themselves.

Wanted to hit this back again to see if there are new people that were still thinking about it. We've also added some new groups so may have one closer to your home.

Any questions - come on out this week!
nosoupforyou
AG
did you end up making it out? Can't remember...
nosoupforyou
AG
SJEAg said:

how's it going in Sugar Land group - have you lead the group yet?
nosoupforyou
AG
AggieLong said:

Good to know. I recently started a new job so hadnt had a chance to make it out yet. We are expecting our second baby next week, so hopefully I can start making it out once we get settled.
hope the baby is doing good -- what a blessing!

You ready to come out now? We're meeting this week - just not on Christmas morning
nosoupforyou
AG
ChrisTheClassic said:

I am but we don't live up there yet. Moving up that direction from corpus in a couple of months
just checking in - you make the move yet? Ready to come out?
OnlyForNow
AG
Working hard on those EHs love it!

As nosoup said, if you're interested in F3 give it a shot.

I'm out in one of the Fulshear/west Katy groups and it's a great workout and awesome group of men.

If you wanna know more pm me or post here and I'll pm you!

-Barney.
SJEAg
AG
nosoupforyou said:

SJEAg said:

how's it going in Sugar Land group - have you lead the group yet?

Been great! I am a regular, pretty much at every BD workout, and had my VQ about a month ago. About time for me to do another. Thanks for getting me into this!
K_P
AG
Does the group at Memorial Park meet at the baseball fields by the golf course pro shop or the baseball fields south of memorial drive by the hike/mountain bike trails?

Only 'special' thing needed is gloves?
ChrisTheClassic
AG
I might actually be able to do this starting at the new year. This is my last week down in Corpus, so after Christmas break I will be able to come out. Not sure if you are the one who I talked to on facebook or not, but I am about 85% recovered from Covid so I will have to take things slow, but I will hopefully be able to come out sometime pretty soon. I checked on the F3 website and didn't see it listed though.

Remind me - what days do they go out there?

Thanks!
BV
OnlyForNow
AG
Where bouts do you live?

Some are M-W-F others T-Thr.
ChrisTheClassic
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Where bouts do you live?

Some are M-W-F others T-Thr.
Tomball/Magnolia area. I know there was one meeting at Juergen's, but I didnt see it on the website. Not sure if that one is still meeting but that would be ~10 mins from my house.
OnlyForNow
AG
Ya that one should still be meeting. It's called off the books until it really gets a foothold. But it's there. You have an email address I can email? Or pass on to the leader or that group?
nosoupforyou
AG
K_P said:

Does the group at Memorial Park meet at the baseball fields by the golf course pro shop or the baseball fields south of memorial drive by the hike/mountain bike trails?

Only 'special' thing needed is gloves?
sure does! They call that group The Hogg- it's the original one in Houston.
To get there, take I-10 and exit washington - turn right quickly onto Memorial Loop - then left on E Memorial Loop Dr and it's on your left. Look for the guys standing around and the shovel flags that mark the group location.

5:30-6:15 - just bring gloves and it's good to bring a bottled water - they usually bring coffee for after the workout

I've never been to that location before - if you plan to go tomorrow, I'll leave my group near City Center and head in town and meet you there..

let me know!
swbiffy
Dropped pin: https://goo.gl/maps/SihNUDLUaAWx9p4x8

This is the exact location and I think it is also correct on the website. It is just south of the clubhouse and across the street. We park in the little parking lot. There is a softball field just to the south of us. We have lots of Aggies in F3, only a few at Memorial, but a good group of guys. Let me know if you decide to head out so I can make sure they keep a look out for you.
nosoupforyou
AG
Shoot me an email - I monitor F3Katy@gmail.com and I can connect you with those guys

Or
Ideally you drive in and meet us at The Corridor near I-10 and Eldridge- and then I will go out your way and meet your guys at Juergens Park
K_P
AG
Sounds great. Thanks for the info. I will be there tomorrow assuming I can get out of the office at a reasonable hour. I'll wear a green sweatshirt and my name is Kevin.

@ nosoup - no need to change your plans for me!
nosoupforyou
AG
K_P said:

Sounds great. Thanks for the info. I will be there tomorrow assuming I can get out of the office at a reasonable hour. I'll wear a green sweatshirt and my name is Kevin.

@ nosoup - no need to change your plans for me!

It's my pleasure.. been wanting to try out The Hogg for a while.. here's my chance

I'll be on the lookout! See you at 5:20 or so tomorrow am

I'll be wearing a navy blue F3 hoodie with gray pants
OnlyForNow
AG
It is AM! Just to be sure.
K_P
AG
I worked out with the memorial park group (the hogg) this morning. It was a great workout. (But certainly not so difficult that you shouldn't give it a shot.) I enjoyed meeting everyone over coffee afterward. Definitely recommend.

@ swbiffy that pin was spot on. thank you.
nosoupforyou
AG
great meeting you this am! That was a solid group - 19 guys!

If you want to meet up at The Point - which meets near Gessner and I-10, I can connect you with those guys anytime - it's great that there are locations all over the city so you shouldn't have to drive too far to find a group.
OnlyForNow
AG
We had 19 at the Tank. Apparently 40 degrees is not what people want to be in to throw around cinderblocks.
ChrisTheClassic
AG
nosoupforyou said:

Shoot me an email - I monitor F3Katy@gmail.com and I can connect you with those guys

Or
Ideally you drive in and meet us at The Corridor near I-10 and Eldridge- and then I will go out your way and meet your guys at Juergens Park
Thanks! I will send you an email here shortly.
SnowboardAg
AG
Started back in may compliments of nosoupforyou and cannot say enough great things about this group of men / mission of this group. I'm at the point, but started at Hogg (memorial park). If you're looking to be challenged and improve yourself, come on out - I feel in the best shape I've been in a long time!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.