Houston
Sponsored by

F3 - Free Men's workout - come join us!

49,669 Views | 405 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Rule Number 32
nosoupforyou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gotta love the F3 lingo

Those near Tomball - come on out! There have been several Friendly New Guys recently (first time to attend) so the momentum is growing

PS - F3 Aggieland is off and running - 21 last week and 24 this past week.. Will be out there every Saturday all summer - know any locals to BCS - send them over!!

nosoupforyou
AG
There's now a group in Elyson right off of grand Parkway

Would that be closer for you?

Bridgeland is coming and Kingsland Baptist North Campus one day too.. but not until late summer likely for those as we grow further out
TexCalTex
I almost talked myself out of it , but against my better judgment, I attended & took part in my first F3 workout this past Saturday morning with The Peak (Westheimer & Peek at Fellowship Church parking lot in Cinco Ranch area). I can attest to every previous poster's comments who has actually made it in person to an F3 workout. I don't do mornings, was apprehensive, didn't want to get out of bed, and was so glad I went (once it was over).

Two days later, I am sore as all get out, but will be back. The Peak was a great group of guys, with a few smart offs like me. All down to earth, they were a lot of fun.

I really appreciate nosoupforyou starting this thread and keeping it going.
nosoupforyou
AG
Aye! This is awesome!! About 15 guys have posted for an F3 workout since my first post here - love hearing and seeing the impact F3 has had on so many men- thanks for sharing

Check in with Cash about this.. and come join us for an F3 Aggieland workout on a Saturday - reach out anytime.

F3 Karbach
ChrisTheClassic
AG
Awesome Tex! Glad you enjoyed it. How you got a new name you can embrace and own!

I hurt my back a couple of weeks ago so I've been on the sidelines the last couple of weeks. It's been rough not getting to go out. I can feel myself getting lazier lol. I miss my F3 gang but hopefully I'll be back out soon.
Rule Number 32
AG
This fell all the way to page 3 - so time for a bump!

The Depot in Tomball is one step closer to being "official" as we now have a logo and t-shirts are up for sale (FINALLY)!

Anyone out there still thinking about coming out? We are up to averaging 4-6 per workout now, and definitely looking to add new members!

Tues/Thurs 5:30-6:15 AM
Saturday 6:30-7:30 (+ free coffee after!)

Juergens Park - Tomball
cgarcia23147
Hey Guys, bringing this back to see if anyone is interested in checking out F3 Katy. I post in old Katy, but there are now several other locations in and around the area.
Rule Number 32
AG

If anyone out there is still thinking about coming to F3 or wanting to give it a shot, this weekend is a GREAT time to do so! We are officially launching at the Depot in Tomball, and would love to have you out. A launch is a great time to get to see F3 in action, as there will be a huge group out there working hard. Hopefully the flyer uploads correctly above, but just in case it doesn't:

6:00-7:30 AM (with free coffee and beer afterwards)
Juergens Park near Tomball High School
Ruck and Run options at 5:00-5:45 at the old tomball sign in downtown Tomball (about a mile away from the park)

We are expecting between 50-60 people but hoping for way more. If you are interested, post on here, text the number on the flyer, or just SHOW UP!
cgarcia23147
Men of Katy, mark your calendars - next Saturday (8/27) marks the 1-year anniversary of YOUR free men's workout group that meets in Old Katy called F3! Maybe you've driven down Avenue D past the City Park early one morning and seen us and wondered what it was all about?

F3 stands for fitness, fellowship, & faith. In the gloom of the early mornings we meet for a FREE peer led workout. We exercise together, push each other, encourage one another and perhaps most importantly form strong bonds of friendship in the process!

Normally, our location dubbed "The Station", meets at the front parking lot of Katy City Park (by the baseball fields, look for flags by Ave D). However, for our 1-year anniversary next Saturday, we will meet at the main football/soccer field to accommodate the number of first timers like yourself. We will begin at 6:30 AM sharp, so you will want to arrive earlier to be in position and ready to go.

All men (18+) & all fitness levels welcome! Don't think you have to be an in-shape 20-something... F3 has ALL types!

We'd love to see you out next Saturday! And don't think that as a first timer you'll be stepping into a group who've all known each other forever, we've had 6 guys come out for the first time just within the last week! It's always free so you've got nothing to lose, we'll even have a free breakfast afterwards! Feel free to message me with any questions!

www.f3katy.com
mneisch
AG
FNG at The Depot today. I both loved and hated it. I'll be back!
gunan01
AG
https://t.co/gPibDJeTNh

Really great article about F3 in The NY Times
SJEAg
AG
gunan01 said:

https://t.co/gPibDJeTNh

Really great article about F3 in The NY Times

Here is a Yahoo link to the above article that isn't behind a paywall.

https://news.yahoo.com/suburban-texas-men-workout-craze-115233347.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Have my AQ this Thursday - been one year since I started up thanks to this thread.
nosoupforyou
AG
Maybe I need to come out for your Anniversary Q! Makes my day!!
SJEAg
AG
Hah, well all this time I've had to respond that some dude on TexAgs brought me out. Actually, quite a few Ags at my home AO, but don't think any of them hang out here. Always meant to ask and forget, but don't think I ever caught your F3 name on here before.

nosoupforyou
AG
I bet you could guess it…

It's Karbach!

Also - I stopped counting when this thread got past 10 guys that responded here and came out. All over Houston, and eventually F3 Aggieland was born out of it!
TexCalTex
SJEAg, where do you post?
SJEAg
AG
The Rocket - Sugar Land Memorial Park
OnlyForNow
AG
The Tank here.
CyanideJenkins
AG
The Tank....then The Apex.....and then The Forge, here.
Rule Number 32
AG
Y'all had people show up yet due to the NYT article? We (the Depot in Tomball) have finally had some guys show up that just saw us on the F3 website, which is exciting since we just officially got listed about a month ago. It is fun but a little stressful knowing that now we can have guys show up unannounced.

We are up to about 35 guys on our roster, and averaging pretty close to double digits during the week (8-9 but had 10 this morning), and probably 11-12 on the weekends.

Glad IPC is finally over. Did IPC week 4 this morning and that was just stupid.
CyanideJenkins
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

Y'all had people show up yet due to the NYT article? We (the Depot in Tomball) have finally had some guys show up that just saw us on the F3 website, which is exciting since we just officially got listed about a month ago. It is fun but a little stressful knowing that now we can have guys show up unannounced.

We are up to about 35 guys on our roster, and averaging pretty close to double digits during the week (8-9 but had 10 this morning), and probably 11-12 on the weekends.

Glad IPC is finally over. Did IPC week 4 this morning and that was just stupid.
We had a new guy show up this morning saying he heard about it on NPR radio. I'm assuming they talked about the NYT article. He just showed up on his own.
SJEAg
AG
We've had one FNG from the article.

Yeah, I noped out of IPC this morning. I can't handle one of those and then Q a beatdown...would pass out before the finish. Doing those as DDs is rough, worse than a Murph. We were coming in on an off day but they had other ideas this week.
nosoupforyou
AG
We have had several respond to the NYT article.. and we have seen updates from across the country about people showing up after having read the article!
SJEAg
AG
Anyone headed to Spartan in Dallas next month? About 30 PAX from Fort Bend are going. I'm doing the Ultra as my first ever Spartan :p

I heard there were some contingents coming from Katy and Houston as well so just wondered.

Rule Number 32
AG
For anyone who might be in the Tomball/Magnolia/Egypt/Woodlands area, just wanted to post that there is a new group that started up this morning at Terramont Park in the western part of the Woodlands.

So far it will be OTB (Off-The-Books) so unofficial until it gets enough consistent people showing up to officially be listed, but wanted to put it out there in case anyone lives in that area.

We had 12 there this morning for the first workout, and it was a beast! They have an awesome area there, with basketball courts, a soccer field, an actual hill to run up and down (pretty rare for Houston AOs), and a pavilion to meet under for coffee.

Current schedule is Monday and Friday 5:30-6:15. I think Friday (at least this week) will be a ruck (walking while carrying some form of weight on your back) so it would be a great way to get your foot in the door and meet some of the guys there. I will probably be back Friday for the ruck, as I really enjoy doing that. It is a great time usually, and even if you dont have a weight or a rucksack, come out and just enjoy a quick walk!

SYITG!
vansprinkle
AG
I recently joined up with 2 groups and will do my fourth BD tomorrow. Well, my second actual BD workout, as one day was a Ruck and one day I showed up prior to the BD to get in a run with the guys doing the DD (I'm driving in to the office when they BD).

I had read this post way back when it had first started, but was doing a boot camp at the Trotter Y at the time, and had a good family of friends there. Now I'm in Katy and my neighbor mentioned F3 one night over beers. Apparently I have 2 right by me, so I can hit up one on M&F for their ruck days (Shadows of the Spigot) then go with my neighbor on T, Th, Sat (The Mill) and hit the early runs on T & Th then get a BD on Sat. I lift in the afternoon, so mostly just getting in cardio with F3 seems to be working for me.

Anyhow, I'm just a few trips in and am loving it so far. Great guys in both groups. I'm glad this OP started because it made saying yes to my neighbor that much easier.

FYI - My F3 name is Rip.
nosoupforyou
AG
Tell Smalls at the Mill that his Proud Papa says hi! Or SalTTine at The Spigot - I'm his too.

Also - Barney and Baywatch responded to this thread over a year ago - hope you have met them by now!

I stopped counting after we crossed 10 guys that have responded and become part of F3!!

Thanks for sharing your story

Anyone else still considering?
OnlyForNow
AG
If you're at the mill next Thursday, I'll see you as I have the Q.
vansprinkle
AG
OnlyForNow said:

If you're at the mill next Thursday, I'll see you as I have the Q.

11/10 or 11/17?
OnlyForNow
AG
11/17

APEX 11/10
ChAg1799
AG
There is a new launch this Saturday in Katy, at Cane Island.
www.F3Katy.com

The launch starts at 6:30am on 11/12 @ the Cane Island welcome center.

Come rested, it will be an epic 90 min. BD lead by Conductor, Tiger, Mr. Clean and many more. Party favors will follow .
vansprinkle
AG
ChAg1799 said:

There is a new launch this Saturday in Katy, at Cane Island.
www.F3Katy.com

The launch starts at 6:30am on 11/12 @ the Cane Island welcome center.

Come rested, it will be an epic 90 min. BD lead by Conductor, Tiger, Mr. Clean and many more. Party favors will follow .

The Island (Boys)!
nosoupforyou
AG
Bump!

Great time to try F3 now

We have had about 15 guys respond to this thread that gave joined groups all across Houston and Katy

Got New Years Resolutions? Come on out and we will help you achieve your goals - for free - and then you will help us achieve ours. Iron sharpening iron.

Anyone else need to get connected? Reply or PM me and I'll set you up.
OnlyForNow
AG
If you're west of 99 let me know as well and I'll help plug you into the right workout location. We're spread out from Tamarron to southeast Cinco and everywhere in between.
Street Fighter
AG
Going to have to consider this, but will be smoked because it will be post gym destruction lol.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.