Houston
Sponsored by

F3 - Free Men's workout - come join us!

47,234 Views | 404 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by OnlyForNow
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I found that info. I was just curious if any Ags on here are currently active.
SJEAg
AG
Ah, sorry misread your post.

Not from there, but did go to a workout once at The Shed and it was a welcoming group of guys.
CBatt20
I've been going out to Shed and Summit for the last three weeks. Good dudes and better workouts - I highly recommend it!
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm considering it. I'm wildy out of shape and honestly pretty intimidated by the whole thing
CBatt20
I was a little intimidated at first, but there's really no need to be. Everyone's encouraging and friendly, and they don't give you a hard time about modifying the workouts as needed. There's some pretty athletic guys out there, but lots of more average / older guys out there too.

I'd highly encourage you to at least give it a shot, see how you like it.
SnowboardAg
AG
Not in the woodlands but I've been going the past 2-3 yrs. It's a great group of men everywhere you go, and worst case scenario, just modify yourself. The attitude is push yourself, but don't hurt yourself. Everyone is at different levels and you won't feel discouraged. All of us started somewhere.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I went to lunch with 15 F3 guys today. There were guys who look like they could tear a phone book in half and guys who are pushing 70. And that's your typical workout. There are guys who are nursing injuries and modifying certain exercises. Or ones that are still working their way back/into shape.
OnlyForNow
AG
Absolutely 100% nothing to be intimidated about.

Trust me! First workout was horrible for me, but having 20 men around you helping you and supporting you to finish is one of the biggest reasons I kept coming back.
Rule Number 32
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I apologize if this has already been discussed- I glanced over the 11 pages but may have overlooked it.

Is anyone active in the F3 group in The Woodlands? I'm considering coming out one day next week.

Texasaggie2015, if you are interested I'd love to meet you at the Summit on Monday. They meet at Terramont Park 5:30-6:15AM. Awesome group of guys there. I used to go to the summit Mondays and Fridays but changed jobs late last year so I haven't been able to make it in a while. I am due for a return trip up there.

Otherwise the Shed meets Tues/Thurs/Sat and those guys are also awesome. I've never worked out there but know a ton of them.

I work out at the Depot at Juergens Park in Tomball if you are close to that at all. Tues/Thurs 5:30-6:15 and Sat 6:30-7:30.

Wherever you choose, just go in with a positive attitude and know that you aren't holding anyone back if you have to modify. My 2 year anniversary is coming up soon and I still regularly modify certain exercises because my knees suck

Edit to add: if you are interested in what typical workouts look like, check out the Tomball Depot Facebook or Instagram pages. We do a little 30 second highlight video almost every workout so people can see what we do

https://www.facebook.com/share/VEFtioPkUvbeYKzq/?mibextid=qi2Omg
Rule Number 32
AG
CBatt20 said:

I've been going out to Shed and Summit for the last three weeks. Good dudes and better workouts - I highly recommend it!

What's your F3 name if you don't mind me asking? I'm prairie dog from the Depot.
Rule Number 32
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I went to lunch with 15 F3 guys today. There were guys who look like they could tear a phone book in half and guys who are pushing 70. And that's your typical workout. There are guys who are nursing injuries and modifying certain exercises. Or ones that are still working their way back/into shape.

Did you go to the Tomball lunch or the woodlands?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

West Houston
ChipFTAC01
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Also for those of y'all across regions who read this thread I'm going to try and coordinate a downtown lunch sometime next month. For all f3ers who work downtown. Was going to start trying to pass word across the regions.
OnlyForNow
AG
Let me know and I'll post to the the F3 FTX band.
CBatt20
Compost from Summit here, although I split time pretty equally between Shed/Summit, with the occasional visit to Empire on Fridays.
wessimo
AG
I was jogging by Lawrence Park today and noticed a stack of cinder blocks painted with the F3 logo. Any of y'all part of that group (The Ascent)?
Rodolfojmv
AG
Hey! I am part of The Ascent. We meet Mon, Wed and Fri @ 05:30 am at Lawrence Park. -Freakonomics
ChipFTAC01
AG
Rodolfojmv said:

Hey! I am part of The Ascent. We meet Mon, Wed and Fri @ 05:30 am at Lawrence Park. -Freakonomics

How are your numbers at the Ascent? My boss commented on my water bottle at work today that has an f3 sticker on it and we were talking about it and she commented, "Too bad there's not something like this in the Heights." I informed her that there was.
Rodolfojmv
AG
We have a consistent group of 6-8 PAX at BDs, and we are always trying to EH more.
There are (2) AOs in the area: The Ascent @Lawrence Park (Mon, Wed & Fri) and The Hogg @Memorial Park (Tue, Thurs & Sat).
OnlyForNow
AG
Don't forget about east San Antonio, (FTX and KTX).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.